PDA

View Full Version : Janet Reno threatened Clinton if not re-appointed (Waco)

Original_Intent
04-23-2010, 02:10 PM
Clinton Advisor: Reno Threatened To “Tell The Truth About Waco” If Not Reappointed To Office

President’s powerful right hand man drops bombshell on 17th anniversary of Siege

Steve Watson
Friday, April 23rd, 2010

A close advisor to Bill Clinton during his White House tenure dropped a bombshell this week on the seventeenth anniversary of the Waco siege.

Dick Morris, a longtime friend of Clinton and political advisor during his first term in office, told Sean Hannity that the President was not going to appoint Attorney General Janet Reno to a second term in office following the federal barrage on the Branch Davidian ranch at Mount Carmel.

“Bill Clinton orchestrated that takeover and in fact was so ashamed of what he did in Waco that he was not going to appoint Janet Reno to a second four year term” Morris stated.

“She told him in a meeting right before the inauguration day for his new term, that ‘if you don’t appoint me, I’m gonna tell the truth about Waco’ and that forced Clinton’s hand in reappointing her.” Morris continued.

Rather taken aback Hannity responded “I don’t remember you telling this story before.”

“No, it’s never been said before.” Morris answered.

The comments stemmed from a discussion regarding Clinton’s recent remarks that the Tea Party could “breed a new Timothy McVeigh”, with Morris explaining that McVeigh had stated that the BATF’s armed assault in 1993 had contributed to his violent mindset.

“I think that President Clinton might want to examine his own connection with the Oklahoma City bombing in terms of Waco, before he starts accusing people in walkers and wheelchairs who are trying to keep their medicare of being provocateurs” Morris asserted.

Before moving on Hannity said “Wait a minute, so what was the truth about Waco that Reno threatened to use against him?”

“I have no idea,” replied Morris, “but I know that he told me, Clinton told me that ‘I couldn’t not appoint Reno because she would have turned on me over Waco’.”

Pericles
04-23-2010, 02:28 PM
The rest of that story would be fascinating.

John Taylor
04-23-2010, 02:29 PM

Holy crap. I'm not surprised. The whole thing was a coverup from the getgo.

Original_Intent
04-23-2010, 02:41 PM
I'll also place a wager that she let him know that there was a safe deposit box somewhere that would be opened in the event of her untimely death or "suicide".

trey4sports
04-23-2010, 02:43 PM
President’s powerful right hand man drops bombshell on 17th anniversary of Siege

I knew it....

ChaosControl
04-23-2010, 02:48 PM
Not shocked that there is a cover up, but I have a hard time believing Clinton gave enough of a damn that he "was so ashamed of what he did in Waco"

idirtify
04-23-2010, 02:58 PM

Is it realistic to think that the rest of the story could be anything other than “he ordered to burn it down”?

Ekrub
04-23-2010, 03:16 PM
Janet Reno = Hot Mama

;)

Pericles
04-23-2010, 03:54 PM
Is it realistic to think that the rest of the story could be anything other than “he ordered to burn it down”?

IIRC, the "siege" was starting to play bad in the media - ATF raid for auto weapons becomes child molestation becomes story of the day, when nobody could be found who had obtained an "illegal" weapon, the child thing is a state charge and no collaborating evidence, and so forth. I'm betting Clinton gave the order to end the standoff and get the story out of the media. How could a small group of kooks fight off the .gov anyway?

watching US citizens get burned out by the FBI didn't play well either, and the Texas Rangers found no evidence of Branch Davidian crime, and some government stuff the FBI had rather they didn't find.

John Taylor
04-23-2010, 04:32 PM
Janet Reno = Hot Mama

;)

THIS. IS. Perhaps the most disconcerting thing I've read today.

Pete_00
04-23-2010, 04:45 PM
Blackmailing (of all sorts) is one of the most common methods of negotiation in US politics.

idirtify
04-24-2010, 09:36 PM
Blackmailing (of all sorts) is one of the most common methods of negotiation in US politics.

I’ve heard that too.

Probably goes with the dirty territory and says everything about the general caliber of people involved in politics.

There are two types of criminals. One is stupid and goes to jail. The other is smart and joins the biggest gang.