PDA

View Full Version : Telling Post on Free Republic (Stupid Mom, Smart Son)

WASH DC
10-10-2007, 04:46 PM
From an anti-RP (is there any other kind?) Free Republic thread:

My college senior son (aerospace, physics, math major, looking forward to helping our Country build weapons of mass destruction) told me last weekend he’s a Ron Paul supporter. My son says he believes in the Constitution and that only Ron Paul stands up for it.

I tried to tell him that the world has changed and that the Constitution was good back in the past but it’s out of date and that we don’t need to use it anymore.

My son doesn’t believe me. He’s smart but so naive about how the real world works.

DaronWestbrooke
10-10-2007, 04:48 PM
That is funny. Do you have a link?

WASH DC
10-10-2007, 04:49 PM
Here is the link. http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1908640/posts

McDermit
10-10-2007, 04:50 PM
Dumb mom.

My mom's not too bright, her English sucks, and she doesn't do much thinking for herself... but she knows enough to trust my judgement and backs whoever I do. lol.

DaronWestbrooke
10-10-2007, 04:52 PM
Thanks, but are you sure she wasn't setting them up? Look at some of her other responses, she seems to say what a lot of people here say. Like response number 65
__________________________________________________ _____
I try to be a realist.

I got similar response a few weeks ago when I pointed out our government is employing a fascist economic model particularly in the Department of Agriculture. It made people mad because we are taught since we were young that fascism = Nazi. Not true. If you learn about fascism as an economic model you see that many parts of our Government use it. And in fact if you ask people if they like those parts of the economy without describing it as fascism they like it (I’m not one of those). I have a theory that as long as you never use the word ‘fascism’ but describe it to the random person on the street they would love it.

Sorry to get so long winded but the same situation exists with our Constitution. We are taught since we were children how great it is and that our Government is ruled by the Constitution. Below is part of the response I gave to another person who disagreed with me that we don’t use our Constitution:

. . .tell me about our States Rights today?
Tell me how agriculture department rules controlling the price of milk fit into the Constitution.
Tell me where foreign aid fits into the Constitution.
Tell me where the Federal Education Department fits into the Constitution.
Tell me why the Federal Government can tell a farmer how much wheat he can grow?
Tell me how the City of Chicago can outlaw handgun ownership?

We don’t follow the Constitution. We use the parts that are convenient to us. We ignore those parts that are inconvenient.
So far nobody has posted back to show me where I’m wrong; that our Government IS run according to our Founders wishes. And believe me, I wish I was wrong.

Santa Claus isn’t real and we don’t follow our Constitution.

Finally it’s poor manners to call someone a liar.

WASH DC
10-10-2007, 05:33 PM
Good catch. You may be right. I got tired of reading the thread after the comment I posted. I sure hope it was sarcasm. But it's hard to tell on Free Republic!

runderwo
10-10-2007, 05:49 PM
I think that approach is the only way to be pro-RP over at FR, sad to say...

Pete
10-10-2007, 05:51 PM
Daron, I think you called it right that she is for RP. There are some good heads on FR, fighting the good fight.

How about the referenced article, a very positive article from National Review suggesting voting for RP despite the war issue!

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=MGVhODdiZjY5NDljNDA5NWUwYTY1NmJmZDBiOWQzM2I=

literatim
10-10-2007, 06:13 PM
My mom's not too bright, her English sucks, and she doesn't do much thinking for herself... but she knows enough to trust my judgement and backs whoever I do. lol.

You shouldn't speak bad of your mother.

PaleoConservative
10-10-2007, 08:06 PM
people over there are so worried about us that they have to read our forums all the time.

mnehrling appears to check in here everyday. Just like your typical freerepublic poster, he's a complete moron.

This is what the FreeRepublic is supposed to be about:

Islamofascism/terrorism
National Security/Defense
The United Nations (as in their control over us)
The Supreme Court
The federal judiciary
The legislative agenda
The right to life
Marriage between one man, one woman
The family
Education
Health care
Private property
Taxation
Oil/energy
The right to keep and bear arms
The right to freedom of religion
The right to self-governance
All of our God-given rights
The Constitution
The Republic
Liberty itself

Now, what other candidate running for President has a better track record then Ron Paul? Answer? Zero!

I mean even if you don't agree with Dr. Paul's posistion on the war, He's clearly the best candidate when it comes to these other issues.

EvilEngineer
10-10-2007, 08:09 PM
This sounds exactly like my family. I debate the crap out of them on the issues, to which they cannot respond to with any real understanding, research, or conviction. Yet when I confront them with the truth and the reasons why I support Ron Paul they dismiss it and say I'm railroading them the issues. Paradigm shifts are painful... I'm sorry that some people haven't done their research, and that when I confront someone with facts... I back it up overwhelmingly, and if I destroy your mindset in one sitting.... Job well done in my opinion.

ConstitutionGal
10-10-2007, 08:58 PM
I'm relatively certain that that mnehrling moron is the one that complained to the mods on TOS and got me banned a week or so ago. He's a RABID warmonger and hates ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that Dr. Paul stands for....