PDA

View Full Version : Book trading

RforRevolution
04-23-2010, 07:41 AM
I'm curious if anyone here trades books with forum members. I think this would be a good idea to promote education of the members here especially since we mostly read the same type of books. I have a ton of books that I'd send to people in return for different titles. Essentially, I wouldn't even mind if the books I lent out never came back to me, but instead went to several different people so long as they actually traded them. Obviously, the biggest issue is whether people would actively trade them or not, but that could be solved with feedback on people you trade with. Thoughts?

Chester Copperpot
04-23-2010, 07:53 AM
I have a ton of books Im looking to give away.. all non fiction.. mostly history, war stuff, some science.. but ive already gleaned all the knowledge im gonna get out of them and dont want to throw them away...

MelissaWV
04-23-2010, 08:09 AM
A book bank isn't a bad idea.

Personally, I donate a lot of my books to libraries... though sometimes I sell them and get some change to put towards causes ;)

Dustancostine
04-23-2010, 11:58 AM
I have a ton of books Im looking to give away.. all non fiction.. mostly history, war stuff, some science.. but ive already gleaned all the knowledge im gonna get out of them and dont want to throw them away...

Mike I am interested in your books if you are wanting to part with them.

--Dustan

emazur
04-23-2010, 11:20 PM
I've done a couple trades here. Usually someone proclaims they have some books to give away and lists them, and others stake their claim and if they have their own books to give away they are listed in the same thread, the taker is not necessarily going to be the original poster.

RforRevolution
04-24-2010, 08:49 AM
I've done a couple trades here. Usually someone proclaims they have some books to give away and lists them, and others stake their claim and if they have their own books to give away they are listed in the same thread, the taker is not necessarily going to be the original poster.

I was thinking it would be easier if it was a sub-forum in the education forum. Therefore, you could just list a book and anyone can respond with what they have. It would be easier to find something you would want to trade for and, I think, encourage a lot of members to read more. Could be kinda fun too to see how many people you can get to read a book before getting it returned to you.