PDA

View Full Version : Facebook bomb for Ron Paul

Bergie Bergeron
04-22-2010, 11:07 PM
Ron Paul has almost 200K supporters on Facebook but Sarah Palin has a million more ! There's a lot of catching up to do.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/ronpaul?ref=ts

• Invite others to do the same. To select all of your friends at once, click invite people to come, and then put the following code in your address bar and hit enter:

javascript:elms=document.getElementById('friends') .getElementsByTagName('li');for(var fid in elms){if(typeof elms[fid] === 'object'){fs.click(elms[fid]);}}

dr. hfn
04-22-2010, 11:12 PM
done!

Bergie Bergeron
04-22-2010, 11:42 PM
Nice !

Bergie Bergeron
04-23-2010, 09:22 AM
bump

TC95
04-23-2010, 12:34 PM
So, Facebook changed the "fan" pages to "like" pages? What's the dif? :confused:

PermanentSleep
04-23-2010, 01:34 PM
Done.

Bergie Bergeron
04-23-2010, 07:33 PM
So, Facebook changed the "fan" pages to "like" pages? What's the dif? :confused:
Facebook Developpers are weird sometimes.

BlackTerrel
04-24-2010, 05:35 PM

They want to expand the way you share information on the web. Basically you are going to see the "like" button start appearing on websites everywhere. Your Facebook Newsfeed will now include stuff like:

"4 of your friends liked this YouTube video"

"3 of your friends liked this article"

"6 of your friends liked this pair of shoes"

etc... It is a way for them to compete with Google with how people find information on the web. Pretty interesting tech wars coming in the next few years. This has some cool effects, but also some interesting privacy considerations.

An immediate impact is they now show me how many of my friends "like" Ron Paul. I have 8 who do, and only 3 are ones that I invited :D

Edit: The other thing it's going to do is strip away control from big news sites like CNN or Drudge, because now rather than going to one site more and more people will simply read what their friends recommend. Oh and sites like Digg are fuuuucked.

Bergie Bergeron
04-24-2010, 05:54 PM
Thanks for the info !

Bergie Bergeron
04-24-2010, 11:35 PM
Almost 1000 more people have become fans of Ron's Facebook since I started this thread :D