PDA

View Full Version : Quick Favor needed re: JFK, MLK, RP video

KramerDSP
04-22-2010, 03:16 PM
I am trying to transcribe the JFK, MLK, RP video that made the rounds a couple of years ago, but I can't figure out what MLK is saying in the two separate clips from 2:04 to 2:45 of this video:

YouTube - John F. Kennedy, Martin Luther King Jr., and Ron Paul on War, Peace, and Liberty (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AxZDslpl0Y)

Can anyone help? They're the last two parts left to the transcript and I can get the video captioned and spread virally within the Deaf community immediately after I get the captions up.

KramerDSP
04-22-2010, 04:17 PM
I got the rest, but I still need help for 2:04 to 2:19. 15 seconds. Can someone fill me in on what is said by MLK during those 15 seconds? Thanks.

angelatc
04-22-2010, 04:25 PM
I just got rid of the kids and was logging on to catch up on your emails. BRB with the text

ETA:
The promises of the Great Society have been shot down on the battlefields of Vietnam, making the poor, white and negro, bear the heaviest burden both at the front and at home.

lynnf
04-22-2010, 05:20 PM
just as a check, here's what I got:

The promises of the great society have been shot down on the battle fields of Viet Nam, making the poor, white and negro, bear the heaviest burden both at the front and at home. If other civil rights leaders for various reasons refuse or can’t take a stand or have to go along with the administration, that’s their business but I must say that I know that justice is indivisible …injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.

KramerDSP
04-23-2010, 03:57 PM
just as a check, here's what I got:

The promises of the great society have been shot down on the battle fields of Viet Nam, making the poor, white and negro, bear the heaviest burden both at the front and at home. If other civil rights leaders for various reasons refuse or can’t take a stand or have to go along with the administration, that’s their business but I must say that I know that justice is indivisible …injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.

Thanks to the both of you for your assistance. My keyboard broke last night, so I couldn't thank you right away. New keyboard in place now! Thanks again.