PDA

View Full Version : Jim DeMint's bad side: DeMint shows us he's uninterested in a humble foreign policy

Jeremy
04-22-2010, 09:16 AM
Jim DeMint has showed us that he is uninterested in a humble foreign policy and would rather put our national security at risk. He has sided with Mark Levin and other neocons, backing Stutzman against Hostettler. Hostettler is known to be an anti-war conservative. Stutzman is an unkown state senator. It's obvious why someone like Mark Levin would endorse against non-conservative Coats and paleo-conservative Hostettler. But it's unfortunate that Jim DeMint would side with a the war hungry neocons. War is the health of the state.

Note: Today DeMint sent out a second email for Stutzman. They raised $80,000 for him with the first endorsement email.

johnrocks
04-22-2010, 09:19 AM
That is why I'm not a Demint supporter, well that and his theocon tendencies.

ChaosControl
04-22-2010, 09:25 AM
And he never endorsed Rand over Grayson did he?

He has pretty much proven he doesn't want actual conservatives, he just wants his own brand of neocons in power.

Jeremy
04-22-2010, 09:28 AM
I can see a future conservative administration featuring DeMint, Rubio, Toomey, etc... but excluding all our guys. Just goes to show that we need to get a lot of people in there and saturate Washington.

puppetmaster
04-22-2010, 09:35 AM
DeMint, Smack in the bible belt southern baptists are hell bent on war with muslims.

MRoCkEd
04-22-2010, 09:36 AM
This is nothing new.. DeMint has always been for overseas adventurism. Sadly, he's still the best Senator.

amy31416
04-22-2010, 09:40 AM
I can see a future conservative administration featuring DeMint, Rubio, Toomey, etc... but excluding all our guys. Just goes to show that we need to get a lot of people in there and saturate Washington.

If that happens, and I fear it may--we'll just be at war indefinitely until the US collapses. It's not like the dems are making any concerted efforts to elect anti-war people.

AuH20
04-22-2010, 09:43 AM
He's firmly against the Federal Reserve, and for a U.S. Senator that's quite a feather in his cap. I like the guy, despite not agreeing with all his policy stances.

erowe1
04-22-2010, 09:44 AM
This is nothing new.. DeMint has always been for overseas adventurism. Sadly, he's still the best Senator.

+1

TruthisTreason
04-22-2010, 09:55 AM
Anti-war candidates will never get support from the GOP establishment.

acptulsa
04-22-2010, 10:21 AM
A neocon by any other name would smell the same.

I think I like Coburn a wee bit better. But that is an equally sad statement...

low preference guy
04-22-2010, 10:22 AM

The second best, IMO. The best is Bunning.

erowe1
04-22-2010, 10:26 AM
Rand and Hostettler would both be so much better than Demint, he wouldn't even deserve honorable mention for best (either most libertarian or most conservative) senator if they got in there. Maybe he's thought about that too.

MRoCkEd
04-22-2010, 10:26 AM
DeMint is at least in the top three for overall best. Coburn and Bunning are probably there too. He's definitely not the best on foreign policy though - true.

But Rand, Hostettler or Schiff would all be so much better than any of them there currently.

erowe1
04-22-2010, 10:27 AM
The best on foreign policy in my opinion is Russ Feingold of Wisconsin.

Well, yeah, but if you have to exclude all policy except foreign policy, it really doesn't count.

ammorris
04-25-2010, 11:46 AM
The empire is always more evil than the state.

The empire and the state are the same thing.

RonPaulFanInGA
04-25-2010, 01:18 PM
The best on foreign policy in my opinion is Russ Feingold of Wisconsin.

Russ "campaign finance reform" Feingold? No thanks. I hope he gets booted out of the Senate this year.