PDA

View Full Version : ***April 22 - Hostettler Money Bomb Thread****

erowe1
04-21-2010, 08:16 PM
Here's how I've been told the Hostettler money blitz will work.

Since the Hostettler campaign website has not been showing donation levels throughout the campaign, the total it displays for the money blitz will just be the total for money raised during the money blitz.

All donations made after 12:00 am on Thursday April 22 will count toward the money blitz total. However, they will not begin to display the total until it crosses the $15,000 threshold. So if you go on there at midnight or some time in the wee hours of the morning and are disappointed not to see the total being displayed, don't worry, your donation will still count and the sooner you give, the sooner that total will start to be displayed. From that point on, there will be some kind of graphical display of the total given that will be updated as donations come in. I don't know what it will look like, but I know it will be something.

The grassroots goal is $50,000 for the day.

Donate here: http://www.johnhostettler.com

erowe1
04-21-2010, 10:05 PM
This email confirms that you have donated $X.00 USD to John Hostettler for Senate (contributions@johnhostettler.com) using PayPal.

erowe1
04-21-2010, 10:06 PM
I'm going to bed. I want to see that ticker up there with something more than 15k tomorrow morning. So get donating folks. You won't regret this.

Bergie Bergeron
04-21-2010, 11:33 PM
Nevermind.

dr. hfn
04-21-2010, 11:40 PM
bump!

Imperial
04-22-2010, 05:43 AM
bump

itshappening
04-22-2010, 05:56 AM
Indiana's Senate primary is in 12 days

MAKE a difference!

Melissa
04-22-2010, 08:18 AM
i hope people are donating

Krugerrand
04-22-2010, 08:37 AM
This email confirms that you have donated John Hostettler for Senate $____ USD using PayPal.

This credit card transaction will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL *JOHNHOSTETT".

itshappening
04-22-2010, 09:09 AM
Hostettler >> Dan Coats FFS :(

John Taylor
04-22-2010, 09:19 AM
Hostettler >> Dan Coats FFS :(

Bump!

Brian4Liberty
04-22-2010, 09:35 AM
One of Hostettler's Primary oppenents is also having a money-bomb today, advertised by Mark Levin. Can we beat them at fundraising?

erowe1
04-22-2010, 09:56 AM
That's Stutzman. His money bomb has been going since he got Demint's endorsement. He's over 100k now over something like 3 days.
https://senateconservatives.com/stutzman

John Taylor
04-22-2010, 10:42 AM
That's Stutzman. His money bomb has been going since he got Demint's endorsement. He's over 100k now over something like 3 days.
https://senateconservatives.com/stutzman

Ron really should have organized something for Hoss like this, we could easily have raised more than 100k.

AuH20
04-22-2010, 11:22 AM
This is a call to action. Hoss won't be bought and he's not a flamboyant self-promoter. He has little cash on hand but is still right in the thick of things. The Ron Paul Army can singlehandedly carry him to the finish line! Just imagine the vitriol emanating from the Republican establishment on May 5th if he's announced the winner!!!!!!

http://hotlineoncall.nationaljournal.com/archives/2010/04/hostettler_disa.php

Ex-Rep. John Hostettler (R) posted a disappointing 1st Q fundraising total, raising a paltry $37K and finishing the Q with just under $10K CoH, according to his FEC report. Hostettler has a history of poor fundraising, as he raised just over $600K during the '08 cycle for his tough re-election battle against Brad Ellsworth (D), who raised $1.7M.

Hostettler is holding a 24 hour "money blitz" on Thursday, as he seeks to make up ground in the money race.

AuH20
04-22-2010, 11:30 AM
Hmmmm. this blog says that Coats is a paper tiger and the real race exists between Stutzman and Hoss.

http://reasonbellpundit.blogspot.com/2010/04/debate-defend-and-defund-or-defraud-and.html

The Front-Runners

Marlin Stutzman failed to hit the 2nd Amendment question with all of his might, when he could have trumped the other candidates with his exemplary record on this issue. On the other hand, he may have answered the Supreme Court question better than anyone, a question John Hostettler should have handled like LeBron James on a breakaway dunk. Stutzman has a fine record of accomplishment in government and the perfect storyline - Normal successful American guy moved to get into government when 9/11 convinced him that he should be an asset to his state and country, who has since authored or sponsored legislation promoting balanced budgets, ethical behavior and 2nd Amendment rights in Indiana. Indiana is one of only five states with a balanced budget and Marlin gets a lot of credit for that. He also has the idea that he can get the Washington crowd to become part-time legislators required to continue a residence in their home state and to go back home to listen to their constituency when not working on Capitol Hill. Is that possible? I have decided to put my support behind Marlin Stutzman for the content of his character and the record in public service as a man who gets the right things and the smart things done. To Stutzman, bi-partisan involves getting the other side to agree with your position.

John Hostettler is so steeped in the history and content of the Constitution and the Founding Fathers he truly would make an excellent instructor on the subject. He did stand as a man of principle while in Washington. Many came into office in 1994 with a "Contract With America" and John was one of the minority that did not break that contract. There is no doubt in my mind that John Hostettler would be a great Senator and frankly it is hard for me not to endorse him. It is not any flaw I see in John Hostettler but rather potential greatness in Marlin Stutzman that has caused me to endorse Marlin Stutzman. I have stood beside both men, questioned them, listened to them, and wound up impressed by both. I am pretty sure Marlin decided I was somebody he liked upon meeting and vice-versa, while Hostettler and I were a bit like two rutting Elk locking horns at first. I have a tremendous amount of respect for both men and I mean that sincerely. I would be overjoyed if Marlin won and would still cheer a Hostettler win. A Coats triumph would be...

AuH20
04-22-2010, 11:43 AM
Stutzman loves those farm subsidies:

http://hotlineoncall.nationaljournal.com/archives/2010/04/stutzmans_subsi.php

IN state Sen. Marlin Stutzman (R) is looking for support from Tea Party activists in his bid to replace Sen. Evan Bayh (D), but he'll have to explain to the anti-spending crowd why he accepted more than $150K in government handouts.

Stutzman, whose family owns 3 farms, has accepted a total of $156,907 in farm subsidies between '97 and '06, as the Washington Post's Dave Weigel reported last week.
Stutzman, running an uphill battle against ex-Sen. Dan Coats (R) and ex-Rep. John Hostettler (R), needs Tea Party activists if he's going to have any shot. He's told the crowd he wants to "incrementally move away" from farm subsidies as national policy. And, he told Weigel, he isn't feeling any heat from those activists.

erowe1
04-22-2010, 12:06 PM
Keep up the good work guys. You're making a tangible difference. A small amount of money can make a big difference here. Hostettler won 6 House races in a district that was evenly split between R's and D's, getting far outspent each time by running an extremely lean campaign and depending heavily on grassroots volunteer support.

I can tell you from what I see on the ground first hand that he has the same thing going for him in this Senate race. I live on the opposite end of the state from the Hoss, and the moment he announced he was running I became part of a statewide network of volunteers eager to help him win. He completed his petitions (which in Indiana are a pretty serious hurdle for getting on the ballot) in a fraction of the time any of the other candidates did without spending any money on it (Coats was faster but only because he paid for all of his signatures).

The reason Hostettler has stayed neck-and-neck with Coats in every poll so far without spending any money is because he has an army of grassroots supporters passing out fliers at tea parties, going door-to-door, sitting at tables at gun shows, and using word of mouth to build up his support. So far it's working extremely well. Hardly anyone who's going to vote May 4 know or care about anyone's endorsements. 50 grand to get the Hoss on the radio statewide could be all it takes to seal the deal.

MRoCkEd
04-22-2010, 12:10 PM
Keep up the good work guys. You're making a tangible difference. A small amount of money can make a big difference here. Hostettler won 6 House races in a district that was evenly split between R's and D's, getting far outspent each time by running an extremely lean campaign and depending heavily on grassroots volunteer support.

I can tell you from what I see on the ground first hand that he has the same thing going for him in this Senate race. I live on the opposite end of the state from the Hoss, and the moment he announced he was running I became part of a statewide network of volunteers eager to help him win. He completed his petitions (which in Indiana are a pretty serious hurdle for getting on the ballot) in a fraction of the time any of the other candidates did without spending any money on it (Coats was faster but only because he paid for all of his signatures).

The reason Hostettler has stayed neck-and-neck with Coats in every poll so far without spending any money is because he has an army of grassroots supporters passing out fliers at tea parties, going door-to-door, sitting at tables at gun shows, and using word of mouth to build up his support. So far it's working extremely well. Hardly anyone who's going to vote May 4 know or care about anyone's endorsements. 50 grand to get the Hoss on the radio statewide could be all it takes to seal the deal.
That's very encouraging. I hope he can pull this off.

Bergie Bergeron
04-22-2010, 12:15 PM
Everyone needs to link on their FACEBOOK to John's donating page with this message: Seriously, we dump money into good guys like BJ Lawson and Peter Schiff, who have a very very small chance of ever winning, when for a small fraction of that money, we have a LOCK with Hostettler. He's endorsed by Ron Paul !

erowe1
04-22-2010, 01:37 PM
Who here has twitter?

I don't. But someone emailed me saying that there haven't been enough tweets about this.

Bergie Bergeron
04-22-2010, 02:38 PM
I don't have Twitter either.

Wish we could know how much he's raising today.

Odin
04-22-2010, 03:32 PM
I don't have Twitter either.

Wish we could know how much he's raising today.

Well it looks like its over 200 people who've donated so far. If it gets to 250 or 300 by the end of the day, what do you reckon the average contribution would be?

Bergie Bergeron
04-22-2010, 03:46 PM
50$ maybe?

erowe1
04-22-2010, 03:47 PM
50$ maybe?

My guess would be higher than that. There are a lot of <$20 contributions. But also a good number of contributions in the $100-$200 range. I'm actually kind of wondering if they're over 15k and just haven't switched over to a monetary ticker yet.

Bergie Bergeron
04-22-2010, 04:02 PM
That's kind of why I said 50$.

MelissaWV
04-22-2010, 05:17 PM
This is way more important than a debate about trespassing. Bump.

Cowlesy
04-22-2010, 05:25 PM
//

John Taylor
04-22-2010, 05:28 PM
//

Donated twice today. Does anyone know if RP sent out an email today?

I've been too busy fending off people who don't believe in private property rights in the perhaps-soon-to-be-hot-topics swamps to check in here too often.

dr. hfn
04-22-2010, 05:29 PM
blimp

erowe1
04-22-2010, 06:05 PM
Donated twice today. Does anyone know if RP sent out an email today?

I've been too busy fending off people who don't believe in private property rights in the perhaps-soon-to-be-hot-topics swamps to check in here too often.

I haven't seen one yet. He supposedly said he'd send one to his Indiana supporters. We could still see one yet....I hope.

MRoCkEd
04-22-2010, 07:25 PM
Keep pushing!!!!!! Let's hit 300 contributors!

http://www.JohnHostettler.com

Badger Paul
04-22-2010, 07:39 PM
Just donated!

Cowlesy
04-22-2010, 07:39 PM
Go HOSS GO!

John Taylor
04-22-2010, 07:45 PM
go hoss go!

bump!!!

dr. hfn
04-22-2010, 07:58 PM
raised?

Badger Paul
04-22-2010, 08:09 PM
As with all one-day money bombs, it lasts until 4 a.m. (EST) when Hawaii-Alaska hits midnight.

erowe1
04-22-2010, 08:50 PM
Thank you to everyone who helped with this. Keep up the great work. I'm turning in.

Our ability to help John win doesn't end tonight. If anyone is sorry they missed the money bomb. Don't worry, just donate another time. Or you can help with phone banking.

You have my word that I'll do what I can do here until May 4, and hopefully Nov. 2. And John's working his butt off too. He might not campaign the way you expect a politician to, but he does it the way he's comfortable doing it. He puts his all into it. And when all's said and done, he doesn't owe legislative favors to anyone.

qh4dotcom
04-22-2010, 09:18 PM
Wasn't too happy about his vote for the Patriot Act but sent $5

This email confirms that you have donated $5.00 USD to John Hostettler for Senate (contributions@johnhostettler.com) using PayPal.
This credit card transaction will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL *JOHNHOSTETT".

Brian4Liberty
04-22-2010, 11:23 PM
Bump for the late-nighters...

Badger Paul
04-22-2010, 11:24 PM
Looks like they got over 300 donors.