PDA

View Full Version : Exposing The SPLC - Very Interesting Info..

libertygrl
04-21-2010, 04:18 PM
The SPLC has moved away from its early work in such poverty law fields as death penalty cases, employment rights and voting rights because Dee’s learned that he could take in more money by exaggerating the size and menace of the Klan. An editorial that accompanied the series that made the Montgomery Advertiser a Pulitzer finalist in 1994 – it was a finalist in 1995 – for its nine-day expose of Morris Dees. The editorial said that while the Klan deserves the scorn of all reasonable people, it had become a farce, and that critics of the SPLC were justified in saying that it, quote, “focuses on an anti-Klan theme not because the Klan is a major threat, but because it plays well with liberal donors.”

No one is more – I’m going to abbreviate this, but our report notes that the best reporting about the SPLC in its early days, especially about their financial cynicism, comes from liberal publications. (Inaudible) – publication from The Nation, JoAnn Wypijewski wrote in 2001 – she said: No one has been more assiduous in inflating the profile of hate groups than millionaire huckster Morris Dees. She called the SPLC puffed-up crusaders.

And she says: Hate sells, poor people don’t, which is why readers who go to the SPLC Web site will find only a handful of cases on such non-lucrative causes as fair housing, worker safety or health care. Why the organization continues to keep poverty or even law in its name can be ascribed only to a nostalgia or to a cynical understanding of the marketing possibilities in class guilt.

complete transcript: http://cis.org/PanelTranscripts/Immigration-SPLC

YouTube - (Carol Swain - II of II) Panel: Immigration and the SPLC (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hslp5nqy2-U&feature=player_embedded)

catdd
04-21-2010, 05:42 PM
I love this woman. Much respect to Vanderbilt University for not throwing her under the bus over her dispute with the SPLC.

low preference guy
04-21-2010, 05:51 PM
Vanderbilt did the right thing in that case.

But they also hired a women who said the Duke students in the fake rape case should go to jail whether they raped the accuser or not, because they have some sort of "historical guilt". Vanderbilt hired her after she made that statement. Don't remember her name.

Deborah K
04-21-2010, 07:00 PM
I've always liked Carol. She used to be a regular on Lou Dobbs.

catdd
04-21-2010, 07:07 PM
I've always liked Carol. She used to be a regular on Lou Dobbs.

Until the intolerant left had him removed. ;)

catdd
04-24-2010, 07:08 PM
Comments have been disabled on all of her videos on youtube. Wonder why?