PDA

View Full Version : Why don't we pay for the education of children in China?

Elwar
04-21-2010, 02:30 PM
I was discussing education with someone and they brought up the point that local communities that pay for the education of the children receive the return value of having educated children who leave school and then create productivity for the community.

But thinking back to the home town that I grew up in...they have received nothing from the investment that they made in my education since I left town once I graduated. As happens with a lot of kids. They get their free education and move on.

But they say that at least they educated me and I am benefitting another town just as they benefit from the free education given to the residents in their town.

If the whole point of educating children is just to somehow benefit society by having educated adults, why don't we educate children in China? We would actually probably benefit more by doing that since we get most of our goods from China, so we would have better goods if we gave those Chinese kids a good education.

Seriously, why are we paying for the education of kids in our communities only to have them enjoy the fruits of our contributions somewhere else?