PDA

View Full Version : I think we need to understand one VERY important thing

BLS
10-10-2007, 02:19 PM
regardless of the negative piece by Glenn Beck, or the shoddy job done last night at the debate of giving RP NO time to speak, there is ONLY ONE WAY he cannot be discounted.

And that is MONEY...

Plain and simple.

If you're not the type who get's out and does the door to door thing....I wish you would, but that's OK.

But the reality is, Ron needs money. ALOT of money.
12 Million IMO is the MINIMUM he's going to need to 'hang' with the big boys.
They are going to be fundraising like mad this 4TH quarter.

If Ron were somehow able to outraise ALL OF THEM...there is NO WAY the media would ignore him anymore. He WOULD become the front runner.

It will give him plenty of money to buy ads in Iowa and NH.
Then the media no longer matters. They'll take his money....trust me.

GIVE, GIVE, GIVE. Find others who support them, and manipulate them to give.
Tell them they're doing it for their kids, tell them they'll get it back in there paychecks once the IRS is gone. Tell them if they don't give anything, they DESERVE to have what we have always had.

Do WHATEVER it takes to get others involved. Even if you have to make them feel guilty to do it. You know in your heart it's right....why should those non-givers reap the rewards of our hard work. Push your family. Push your friends.
Run a kid's carnival with donations, run a car wash, fix computers on a donation basis, WHATEVER......

If Ron raises over 15 million this quarter, he's got a VERY good shot at the nomination.

IT WILL NOT HAPPEN UNLESS WE MAKE IT HAPPEN.

THERE IS A 72 YEAR OLD MAN OUT THERE RUNNING FROM STATE TO STATE TRYING TO KEEP US FREE AND GIVE US OUR COUNTRY BACK.

WHAT ARE YOU WILLING TO DO TO HELP HIM?

OptionsTrader
10-10-2007, 02:20 PM
I think we need to understand one VERY important thing

small font is hard to read?

DeadheadForPaul
10-10-2007, 02:22 PM
Beck was saying things that I've thought before. Honestly, if the average American hears "I want to close down the FBI, CIA, DOE, etc", you better explain how and why

BLS
10-10-2007, 02:24 PM
What does that have to do with raising money?

Are you now questioning Ron Paul??

klamath
10-10-2007, 02:32 PM
What does that have to do with raising money?

Are you now questioning Ron Paul??

It does seem like a lot of people are asking these questions about getting rid of the agencies. Why now? Why did they ever support RP in the first place:confused: Ron has been saying it from the get go. That is the whole thing about limited government. It almost sounds like they have found a new leader. "Glen Beck for President."

Lord Xar
10-10-2007, 02:40 PM
I agree!!!

I do have a question that just popped into my head. What happened to that secret big donor that was suppose to be around earlier in the campaign. Where are the Ross Perots and such.. why ain't they funneling big money into the campaign...arghhhh....

BUT, yes.. WE NEEED TO DONATE HARD!!! AND Ron Paul needs to mention this at the rallies.....

"Please, I ask you to sacrifice as you can to donate to the campaign. etc.."

whatever.. but something.. If he would have said that last night, perhaps 500 donors could have donated..... our of that huge crowd.

Thunderbolt
10-10-2007, 03:42 PM
FYI - I received a "package" from a Meetup group the other day. It had one shiny colored postcard with the Mosaic ad on it. One sheet of tiny yellow stickers that said Ron Paul on them - but you had to cut them. Then it had several articles written by a local attorney about things in general, but nothing specifically about Ron Paul. Tons of pages were copied for that part of it. It also had a DVD in there of Freedom to Fascism - but nothing about Ron Paul. The card of the attorney who had written the articles and and a card promoting a website in Phoenix. All in a paper bag that had Ron Paul stamped on it.

It also had some "RINO collector cards" and some fake twenty dollar bills with a rubber band holding it together and the DVD was in a nice sleeve that would fit into a DVD holder.

They had thousands of dollars of RP cards, balloons, and other things on a table they were giving away.

If Meetup groups keep spending like this, the campaign will have nothing. I can't believe that everyone in the group is maxed out. There is no way. We have to start turning out attentions to the campaign. It is one thing to hand out a slim jim or two, but when you are spending a fortune on small little Ron Paul stickers to hand out, we are really off base.

At least I think so. I could be wrong.

CodeMonkey
10-10-2007, 03:53 PM
It does seem like a lot of people are asking these questions about getting rid of the agencies. Why now? Why did they ever support RP in the first place:confused: Ron has been saying it from the get go. That is the whole thing about limited government. It almost sounds like they have found a new leader. "Glen Beck for President."

Nobody I've seen is questioning the policies, but some (myself included) think that there should be a crystal clear explanation of them if we have any hope of not alienating the majority of voters.

DrNoZone
10-10-2007, 03:57 PM
FYI - I received a "package" from a Meetup group the other day. It had one shiny colored postcard with the Mosaic ad on it. One sheet of tiny yellow stickers that said Ron Paul on them - but you had to cut them. Then it had several articles written by a local attorney about things in general, but nothing specifically about Ron Paul. Tons of pages were copied for that part of it. It also had a DVD in there of Freedom to Fascism - but nothing about Ron Paul. The card of the attorney who had written the articles and and a card promoting a website in Phoenix. All in a paper bag that had Ron Paul stamped on it.

It also had some "RINO collector cards" and some fake twenty dollar bills with a rubber band holding it together and the DVD was in a nice sleeve that would fit into a DVD holder.

They had thousands of dollars of RP cards, balloons, and other things on a table they were giving away.

If Meetup groups keep spending like this, the campaign will have nothing. I can't believe that everyone in the group is maxed out. There is no way. We have to start turning out attentions to the campaign. It is one thing to hand out a slim jim or two, but when you are spending a fortune on small little Ron Paul stickers to hand out, we are really off base.

At least I think so. I could be wrong.

No, you're not off base. I think there's this huge unspoken competition out there to be the coolest, most creative, most popular RP supporter out there. And it's costing a ton of money and wasting a bunch of time! Don't get me wrong, there is a lot of good stuff going on out there, and much of it is effective and worthwhile. But I think there's a point where it becomes ridiculous (I mean, do we need 10,000 shirt designs on Cafe Press?).

I think supporters need to be much more wise about how they support the campaign with their money and their time.

RTsquared
10-10-2007, 04:17 PM
(I mean, do we need 10,000 shirt designs on Cafe Press?).

Yes, we do.

It took me going through the entire CafePress Ron Paul catalog three times to finally decide which shirt I wanted.