PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding contacting your reps

Spider-Man
04-20-2010, 09:21 PM
I was thinking about calling Richard Shelby every day until S 604 is either pushed through committee or dies. I was wondering is it okay to call your representative ever day for something, or would that be considered rude?

hotbrownsauce
04-20-2010, 09:48 PM
Well that is subjective. I think every day is too much... maybe 1-2 times a week. Maybe each time you call ask what Shelby has been doing for S 604 and maybe let them know when your next call would be. I dunno... just my thoughts :)

Noob
04-20-2010, 09:54 PM
I was thinking about calling Richard Shelby every day until S 604 is either pushed through committee or dies. I was wondering is it okay to call your representative ever day for something, or would that be considered rude?

the answer is yes and yes. You can call them as many times as you like. Even if you are very,very nice to them, it still be considered rude. Simply becuse they dont like getting calls, e-mails, faxes, and hand writting letters, unless it supports the bills they want to pass, and force down Americas throat.

Spider-Man
04-20-2010, 09:57 PM
I was thinking since he basically works for me, right, I should be able to call his office every day and check up on him.

lx43
04-20-2010, 09:58 PM
Why not sign up at http://www.downsizedc.org They have a number of items, including S 604 that you could write all 3 of your representatives at the sametime.

Noob
04-20-2010, 10:06 PM
The best thing you can do is visit thier offices. Of course watch what you say, they be more than happy to have you arrested.

LittleLightShining
04-21-2010, 11:22 AM
I was thinking about calling Richard Shelby every day until S 604 is either pushed through committee or dies. I was wondering is it okay to call your representative ever day for something, or would that be considered rude?I did. And finally, after about a month Peter Welch signed onto 1204. I'd mention some other stupid resolution or bill that he did sign onto and ask why he wouldn't co-sponsor 1207.

Spider-Man
04-21-2010, 12:42 PM
Just called Shelby's office.

"Senator Shelby doesn't usually cosponsor legislation, but he does support an audit of the Federal Reserve."

Not sure how to take that.