PDA

View Full Version : Announcing Liberty Planet !

Zoomer
04-20-2010, 07:51 PM
Hello there,

America, and indeed the world, needs independent news media now more than ever.

Which is why - just last week - I launched a new project called Liberty Planet (http://www.libertyplanet.com).

The project started based on a vision for having an easy way to follow our planet's modern day libertarian heroes. To recognize who they are, to follow their progress, and to celebrate their achievements.

After investing some of my hard earned cash into a premium domain name, establishing a number of key partners, and plugging away at site development (including an all nighter to make sure the site launched on time) - the site finally went live last Monday, April 12.

And after a week of additional work, I'm happy to report the project has been going great.

So today I wanted to take the time to specifically invite Liberty Forest readers to have a look.

http://www.libertyplanet.com

Your ideas, feedback, and input are appreciated.

The current version is "Prototype 4". The development of Protoype 5 is underway which features an implementation of a CMS (content management system) to make site updates easier - and to establish the groundwork for broader community involvement.

Anyway, being such a young project - this is a unique opportunity to share your ideas. So feel free to post right here in this thread.

I look forward to your comments.

All the best,

---Derrick

low preference guy
04-20-2010, 07:54 PM
great design.

as for the alex jones link, although he gives great information, i think it's bad publicity. also, he is nowhere near the category of "Ron Paul, Peter Schiff, and Rand Paul". it's like saying "Mozart, Beethoven, Vivaldi, and the BackStreet Boys".

Chester Copperpot
04-20-2010, 08:09 PM
yeah looks real nice.. and the page is responsive and not sluggish.. I like that too

Pauls' Revere
04-20-2010, 11:46 PM
Very cool. It will be nice to see this grow. Added to my favorites.

Nate-ForLiberty
04-21-2010, 07:13 AM
great site.

Zoomer
04-22-2010, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the great feedback!

In regards to the Alex Jones link:

great design.

as for the alex jones link, although he gives great information, i think it's bad publicity. also, he is nowhere near the category of "Ron Paul, Peter Schiff, and Rand Paul". it's like saying "Mozart, Beethoven, Vivaldi, and the BackStreet Boys".

You really think so ? I feel that Alex Jones is liberty hero among Ron Paul and Peter Schiff because of his trailblazing efforts to document the crimes of government, and to a larger extent - the military industrial complex.

Jones is a different type of liberty hero than Ron Paul. But a hero in his own right. After all, every good superhero club (ala X-Men) needs a diverse set of characters to get the job done.

I Am Weasel
04-22-2010, 01:03 PM
Nice site, but I don't get this link... wrong..

Canada Rejects IMF Bank Tax Plan

22. APR. 2010 / Comments

Ron Paul gave a stirring speech at the Tax Day Tea Party in Washington DC, calling for an end to big government and a return to a sensible foreign policy.

Continue Reading...

Todd
04-22-2010, 01:13 PM
Is this like Ron Paul Planet..... (http://www.ronpaulforpresident2008.com/news/)

Ya know.....the site that never got off the ground and has been in purgatory for over a year now?

Zoomer
04-22-2010, 02:58 PM
Nice site, but I don't get this link... wrong..

Canada Rejects IMF Bank Tax Plan

22. APR. 2010 / Comments

Ron Paul gave a stirring speech at the Tax Day Tea Party in Washington DC, calling for an end to big government and a return to a sensible foreign policy.

Continue Reading...

Got it - thanks for pointing this out - the link has been corrected.

The site is currently all manually coded in HTML and a little bit of PHP. No Content Management System in place yet - so occasionally I get the odd story mixup or broken link.

The strategy is to first establish the site, get things in motion and develop a flexible CMS to make things more efficient and also build the foundation for community interaction.

Of course, the long term objective is to become a leading independent news site: with emphasis on libertarian heroes like Ron Paul and others.

dr. hfn
04-22-2010, 03:23 PM
Is this like Ron Paul Planet..... (http://www.ronpaulforpresident2008.com/news/)

Ya know.....the site that never got off the ground and has been in purgatory for over a year now?

that used to be my #1 site

Zoomer
04-22-2010, 03:30 PM
tkubic46 - so is ronpaulforpresident2008.com is your site ? And if so, are you involved in Ronpaulplanet.com ?

Todd
04-22-2010, 04:30 PM
that used to be my #1 site

Me too. What the heck is going on.

literatim
04-22-2010, 06:06 PM
You should get rid of Alex Jones on your website.

dr. hfn
04-22-2010, 06:17 PM
no, it's not my site. i meant that i used to visit it everyday and it was my favorite.

johnrocks
04-22-2010, 06:21 PM
Good looking site and bookmarked.