PDA

View Full Version : Are they including offline donations?

Tom29
10-10-2007, 01:56 PM
From the fundraise email today:

Now it's the start of the final quarter of the primary season. We've set a goal again, and this time, we're letting everyone track our progress throughout the quarter - the first campaign in history to disclose immediately every cent that is raised.

I haven't noticed any offline increase so far...

bbachtung
10-10-2007, 01:59 PM
A lot of the fundraiser donations are submitted via the website with a project code, so they probably don't all come in at once.

ItsTime
10-10-2007, 02:03 PM
I think it will be reflecting it soon. I think they wait for the check to clear before they tag it on? Im not 100% sure but it would make sense. Out of state checks take up to 10 business days to clear and today is only the 10th.

Do not forget fund raising dinners and such.

winston84
10-10-2007, 02:17 PM
According to the latest HQ e-mail blast; yes.

Exponent
10-10-2007, 02:35 PM
Maybe this is one of the reasons for the very steady, almost linear, rate of donors today, starting right around the start business: The campaign workers (or at least one or two) have been processing a bunch all day long, one at a time. They would clearly maintain a reasonably consistent rate, though it looks like they may have lost someone for lunch, since it looks as though it took a well defined turn to a slower rate during the noon hour.

ItsTime
10-10-2007, 02:36 PM
They also sent out a email asking for donations. There is always a spike when they do that.

Maybe this is one of the reasons for the very steady, almost linear, rate of donors today, starting right around the start business: The campaign workers (or at least one or two) have been processing a bunch all day long, one at a time. They would clearly maintain a reasonably consistent rate, though it looks like they may have lost someone for lunch, since it looks as though it took a well defined turn to a slower rate during the noon hour.

Exponent
10-10-2007, 03:02 PM
They also sent out a email asking for donations. There is always a spike when they do that.
The spike I can see as having all sorts of plausible explanations. It's the fact that it is so steady that really makes wonder what all is going on. (Not that I'm suspicious in a paranoid way, of course, I'm just the very curious type is all.)

Mani
10-10-2007, 04:09 PM
I think it will be reflecting it soon. I think they wait for the check to clear before they tag it on? Im not 100% sure but it would make sense. Out of state checks take up to 10 business days to clear and today is only the 10th.

Do not forget fund raising dinners and such.

You can pay for the fund raising dinners online as well. I did for mine as most people did. I'm sure there are some checks going through snail mail and what not.