PDA

View Full Version : McCain: Senate GOP will oppose immigration reform until borders secured

Agorism
04-20-2010, 05:31 PM
McCain: Senate GOP will oppose immigration reform until borders secured. (http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/93265-mccain-senate-gop-will-oppose-immigration-reform-until-borders-secured)

"I don't really see it going anywhere," McCain said of the Schumer proposal. "Jon Kyl and I will fight against it until the borders are secure."

Southern Man
04-20-2010, 05:46 PM
HA! There has NEVER been any intention to secure the borders.

At most, the administration, just like the previous ones, will likely just temporarily place some border guards here and claim to be adding some technological improvements but in the end nothing practical will result.

Same bull as usual.

Agorism
04-20-2010, 06:10 PM
He says the the Schumer bill is dead on arrival though. That's a plus.

Southern Man
04-20-2010, 06:12 PM
He says the the Schumer bill is dead on arrival though. That's a plus.I highly doubt that.

The scumbags will probably tweak it enough to win over/bribe other Senators to pass it.

I think there might be enough votes to stop it but we should never underestimate party loyalty and the pandering to the pro-amnesty Hispanic voters.

Johnnybags
04-20-2010, 06:13 PM
Amnesty is after his reelection. Why Arizona would reelect this progressive is beyond me.

Agorism
04-20-2010, 06:57 PM
When is the primary?