PDA

View Full Version : Fat Man Stares Down Teacher Cabal in New Jersey

AuH20
04-20-2010, 02:14 PM
I was a Lonegan guy during the primary, but I'm shocked that Christie is taking on these long-protected sacred cows! Read some of his comments!

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/04/gov_chris_christie_accuses_nj.html

Christie cited what he called a "mandatory" homework assignment instructing children in the Monroe Township School District to interview their parents about whether and why they would vote on Tuesday.

"These are the typical kind of scare tactics that they involve themselves in," Christie said about the 200,000-member New Jersey Education Association, which has been critical of his proposed $820 million cut in school aid. "Scaring students in the classroom, scaring parents with the notes home in the bookbags, and the mandatory 'Project Democracy Homework' asking your parents about what they're going to do in the school board election, and reporting back to your teachers union representatives, using the students like drug mules to carry information back to the classroom, is reprehensible."

Christie also said some teachers "have decided that even our families are not out of bounds." He said his "nieces and nephews who go to public school have been told by their teachers that the governor, your uncle, is an awful person." Christie's four children go to private school.

"This is the stuff that's going on in classrooms across New Jersey, at the urging and coordination of the bullies across the street," Christie said. "This conduct is just unacceptable. It's beyond the pale, and they are completely out of touch."

specsaregood
04-20-2010, 02:45 PM
Oh Damn, that reminds me I gotta go vote today.

now I gotta figure out how to vote, these questions are not very informative. Guess i'll just vote no.

JeNNiF00F00
04-20-2010, 02:47 PM
bump

specsaregood
04-20-2010, 02:49 PM
Public Question:
RESOLVED, that there should be raised for General Funds 52,643,543.00 for the ensuing School Year 2010-2011. YES/NO.

So what happens if people vote no? They gotta have another election on a new budget I guess?

specsaregood
04-20-2010, 03:06 PM
So what happens if people vote no? They gotta have another election on a new budget I guess?

Ah, the alumni page has a notice saying to vote for the proposed budget AND
"11. In the event of a failed budget, additional staff and program cuts will be required."

Guess i know which way I'm voting then. Cut away you bastards.

Stary Hickory
04-20-2010, 03:37 PM
The teacher Union is the problem with our schools now(besides being government run). They are profiting off our children, they teach them nothing and suck down all the resources for themselves and their corrupt union.

The teachers Union is the biggest criminal organization against children today.

Chieppa1
04-20-2010, 04:03 PM
I was also not a Christie guy in the primary. But I back him 100% on this. My budget will give all teachers a 3% raise, while they still don't pay into their health benefits. This would cost each household $100 in taxes more a year. And don't forget, if we vote down the budget, most of the time our council will go and pass it anyway.

P.S. I heard of a Democrat running against Baxter in Cali who's platform is anti-teachers union. He was on the radio last night talking about how he wasn't invited to the primary debates and went in anyway. Caused a scene.

rprprs
04-20-2010, 04:14 PM
I'm such a cynic, that I doubt this will amount to much in the long run. But, for now, kudos to Christie.

Chester Copperpot
04-20-2010, 04:41 PM
damn I didnt even know there was a vote for this.

Chester Copperpot
04-20-2010, 04:43 PM
Ah, the alumni page has a notice saying to vote for the proposed budget AND
"11. In the event of a failed budget, additional staff and program cuts will be required."

Guess i know which way I'm voting then. Cut away you bastards.

Shit.. Good thing I read this.. Im gonna check my normal vote poll.... Isnt this the lowered budget though that everybody is screaming about? Makes it kind of confusing.. I want the more cuts the better...

Cut away everything and make schooling private for all I care.

specsaregood
04-20-2010, 04:57 PM
Shit.. Good thing I read this.. Im gonna check my normal vote poll.... Isnt this the lowered budget though that everybody is screaming about? Makes it kind of confusing.. I want the more cuts the better...

Cut away everything and make schooling private for all I care.

Yeah evidently the Governor is asking people to vote for the budgets for schools that accepted cuts and it looks like my district did, but he didnt' give out a list to compare against.

I'm just gonna vote against it, the more cuts the better. This is a really low turnout election, so your vote really counts. I'm waiting for the wifey to get home so I can drag her down there and make her vote NO.

LibForestPaul
04-20-2010, 05:18 PM
Why do school budgets go for a vote?
I do not know of any government budget that I am able to vote for?

MTA (transit authority), no vote
County, no vote
State, no vote
Courts, no vote
Prisons, no vote
Fire, no vote
Police, no vote

Why do the elites allow and put forth a school budget for a vote?

Chieppa1
04-20-2010, 05:27 PM
I'm voting against any budget my town comes up with until it fair. This whole thing helps show the common Jersey parent how corrupt their "educators" are. Christie cuts their aid. So they raise taxes and fire young teachers and aids. God forbid they give themselves a pay cut.

specsaregood
04-20-2010, 07:53 PM
There was a pretty big turnout at my precinct, you could tell they were unprepared. The lady commented that they only had 20 of the little voter slips left when we went through at about 7:30pm.

Also came across this blog, that some of you may want to read from time to time.
http://blog.savejersey.com/

specsaregood
04-20-2010, 08:22 PM
//

noxagol
04-20-2010, 08:24 PM
Results coming in....
http://www.courierpostonline.com/article/20100420/NEWS01/100420050/LATEST-SCHOOL-ELECTION-RESULTS

That is 3 districts failing to pass and 1 passing so far in South Jersey. Look at those close results and small voter numbers. Every vote counted in this one.

Really close counts at that.

specsaregood
04-20-2010, 08:32 PM
//

specsaregood
04-20-2010, 08:35 PM
//

specsaregood
04-20-2010, 08:38 PM
//

silverhandorder
04-20-2010, 08:45 PM
What does this mean realistically for the public schools.

specsaregood
04-20-2010, 08:48 PM
//

specsaregood
04-20-2010, 10:40 PM
//

specsaregood
04-21-2010, 02:02 PM
//

Anti Federalist
04-21-2010, 02:21 PM
This is an important topic, and I hate to threadjack, but the OP's title just keeps making me think of this:

YouTube - Fat guy bump firing berreta (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBiFJsOuEHI)

specsaregood
04-21-2010, 05:39 PM
//

Cowlesy
04-21-2010, 05:44 PM
Hey can you lend Chris Christie to New York for his next term?

specsaregood
04-21-2010, 05:46 PM
//

Cowlesy
04-21-2010, 05:49 PM
Well he has been saying he is gonna run his administration as if he is a one-term governor. ie: I don't care if I piss everybody off and they vote me out.

Damn, I think you guys might have a....good, politician, as Governor.

Anti Federalist
04-21-2010, 06:09 PM
Well he has been saying he is gonna run his administration as if he is a one-term governor. ie: I don't care if I piss everybody off and they vote me out.

The hell?

This is New Jersey, right?

ETA - Meh, nvm.

Just another budget balancing facist.

Commenting on an entrapment case he prosecuted of a "terrorist" who was supplied a weapon to sell and an eager buyer by the feds:

Once you find someone who is that basically amoral, then whether or not he was actually able to do it, that debate ... who cares? I mean at the end, who cares? I don't have a crystal ball. And I don't know if this had fallen apart what Hemant Lakhani would have done next. ... I'm just not willing to take that chance. ... There are good people and bad people. Bad people do bad things. Bad people have to be punished. These are simple truths. Bad people must be punished.

And this obvious contradiction, since NJ gun laws are de facto a gross violation of the Second Amendment.

Christie has said that he supports strict and aggressive enforcement of the state's current gun laws. He however supports the Second Amendment's right to bear arms.

Slutter McGee
04-21-2010, 06:15 PM
You Jersey people are going to ruin your image if you keep electing honest people.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

specsaregood
04-21-2010, 06:20 PM
//

Chieppa1
04-21-2010, 06:21 PM
Christie isn't honest. But the conservative and Republican base in Jersey is awake. And he has to change his moderate views that he ran on.

We have to see who or what he gives this money he's saving to. If its no one put the taxpayer then sweet. He'd prove me wrong. But that hasn't happened yet.

Better then Corzine. 1000x better

osan
04-21-2010, 07:54 PM
Christie isn't honest. But the conservative and Republican base in Jersey is awake. And he has to change his moderate views that he ran on.

We have to see who or what he gives this money he's saving to. If its no one put the taxpayer then sweet. He'd prove me wrong. But that hasn't happened yet.

Better then Corzine. 1000x better

NJ is SUCH a s hit hole. Glad I got out long ago.

sofia
04-21-2010, 08:02 PM
NJ is SUCH a s hit hole. Glad I got out long ago.

only thing that keeps me in this cesspool is my elderly parents

specsaregood
04-22-2010, 12:35 PM
Ask The Governor 04-21-10 Part 1
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/6347006

Ask The Governor 04-21-10 Part 2
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/6347735