PDA

View Full Version : $31,130 already pledged to 12/16 Ron Paul Money Bomb!

sofia
04-20-2010, 12:57 PM
www.TheRonPaulTeaParty.com

Brett
04-20-2010, 01:00 PM
That would create quite the stir. I hope we can do it.

low preference guy
04-20-2010, 01:03 PM
wait until May 19 guys! I mean, after Schiff's primary!

Agorism
04-20-2010, 01:03 PM
Can we raise money for an undeclared candidate?

JamesButabi
04-20-2010, 01:05 PM
Who created this site?

shaunish
04-20-2010, 01:06 PM
his age will make him unelectable to the masses.

we need to switch our focus to gary johnson.

peacepotpaul
04-20-2010, 01:07 PM
That would create quite the stir. I hope we can do it.

not trevor

sofia
04-20-2010, 01:09 PM

Yeah...we can have sign waves again.... "Who is Gary Johnson?" ....or "Google Gary Johnson" :rolleyes:

no thanks

MelissaWV
04-20-2010, 01:10 PM
wait until May 19 guys! I mean, after Schiff's primary!

These are pledges.

Pledges.

Seriously.

Have none of you done this before? lol

Anti Federalist

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/nick_adams/BooThisMan.gif

sofia
Who created this site?

Elwar...

he said the graphics will be improved and new stuff added....

this is just a prototype starter

low preference guy
04-20-2010, 01:15 PM
These are pledges.

Pledges.

Seriously.

I know. But I think it takes away focus from at least 2 very important races: Rand's and Hostettler's.

brandon
04-20-2010, 01:17 PM

pls go

dr. hfn
04-20-2010, 01:33 PM

absolutely not, gary cannot win the nomination while being pro abortion and for open borders...and i'm not starting all over again when we don't have to

MelissaWV
04-20-2010, 02:17 PM
I know. But I think it takes away focus from at least 2 very important races: Rand's and Hostettler's.

It takes a moment to pledge, and people just donated to Rand bigtime yesterday. I'm fairly sure that someone seeing the Ron Paul Tea Party website at this point is already aware of Rand's race. Hostettler's race is another matter, to be sure, but this could be remedied (instead of complaining) by attaching banners for the relevant races/money bombs/events to the Ron website.

It's more of a show of interest. Obviously, the man hasn't declared himself to be a candidate, so it's nothing more than that. Consider it an ongoing internet poll.

Most of the folks in here can walk and chew gum at the same time :) We just don't have money to buy gum for everyone...

Elwar
04-20-2010, 02:46 PM
but this could be remedied (instead of complaining) by attaching banners for the relevant races/money bombs/events to the Ron website.

I will be adding banners...(actually the main pic at the top is a rotating banner, I just have the one banner in there at the moment).

It definitely doesn't detract. The moneybomb date is over a month after the 2010 general election.

dwboyer
04-20-2010, 03:05 PM
Just made it 9800FRNs, who can make it to 10,000FRNs?!

speciallyblend
04-20-2010, 04:18 PM
Can we raise money for an undeclared candidate?

already are;) hehe blimpin for my pledge for Dec 16th 2010!! now time to fb and twitter.

StudentForPaul08
04-20-2010, 04:39 PM
Lets spread this far and wide. We have to enter the race with a bang. A moneybomb.

speciallyblend
04-20-2010, 04:41 PM
just sent and posted to coffee party, northern tea party, colorado campaignforliberty, bonnie and many fb friends:) blimpin, keep it up folks, dam fb and the security codes now!!

mello
04-20-2010, 04:47 PM
My first 1 oz. gold kruggerand will go to Ron Paul's first moneybomb but only if he officially announces.
My guess is that my kruggerand will be worth $2,000 when he does announce. (Originally paid $900 for it).

speciallyblend
04-20-2010, 05:04 PM
My first 1 oz. gold kruggerand will go to Ron Paul's first moneybomb but only if he officially announces.
My guess is that my kruggerand will be worth $2,000 when he does announce. (Originally paid $900 for it).

just make sure you pledge;) and spread:)

tmosley
04-20-2010, 05:19 PM
I'm going to pledge the maximum amount the day he declares.

Assuming he does. He's in good shape, so I think the chances are good.

speciallyblend
04-20-2010, 05:52 PM
I'm going to pledge the maximum amount the day he declares.

Assuming he does. He's in good shape, so I think the chances are good.

blimpin

just make sure you sign up and pledge and spread:)

jake
04-20-2010, 06:54 PM
who created that automatic facebook blaster script in 2008? we need that again!!

speciallyblend
04-20-2010, 07:15 PM
can someone please try to contact daily paul and www.ronpaul.com and www.ronpaul2012.com this needs to spread asap!!!

speciallyblend
04-20-2010, 07:57 PM
14,040:) going up:)

peacepotpaul
04-20-2010, 08:06 PM
how's Trevor's new blimp doing?

Promontorium
04-20-2010, 08:07 PM
My shot in the air suggestion is that if Dr. Paul runs again, he should spend his money early. I think every dollar up front is worth $2 half way through, and no money in the end is useful.

speciallyblend
04-20-2010, 08:08 PM
how's Trevor's new blimp doing?

not sure i do not keep up with the peace blimp!! been so busy with local races where we have ron paul republicans running and can WIN:)

Lovecraftian4Paul
04-20-2010, 08:17 PM
Love the idea and the website, but I worry that this December might be a bit early. Aren't most candidates holding off from getting in until the first or second quarter of 2011?

ssforronpaul
04-20-2010, 09:54 PM
Love the idea and the website, but I worry that this December might be a bit early. Aren't most candidates holding off from getting in until the first or second quarter of 2011?

The earlier the better. As soon as the November elections are over Mitt and others will announce they will be getting into the primary. Many are quitely running right now. Mitt is going to have a large amount (10s of millions, along with his own) of neo-con money. We need to recruit as many new people as early as possible to prevent the other fake republicans from defining the issues and capturing the money. The debates will probably begin in the spring/summer of 2011. He needs better ads, maybe borrow Rand's people. Start running them and telling the american story (what's wrong and how he is the only one to fix it) slowly and tie it with the tea party movement. Romney and others control much of the upper tier establishment of the republican party. Go back to the 08 primary and remind people of Ron Paul calling for the collapse which happened several months after his exit. Show him he has the foresight to guide the American economy to a better time. Show how he is based on principles and not on lobbyists. Make the others respond to our views, unlike how we felt in 07-08 always trying to say why Paul was a republican.

The most important thing is the ad story. It has to be good, defining Dr. Paul and showing how he was correct while others were laughing especially in the early states. Be inclusive do not tell the primary voters they were wrong last time. Allow them to understand that themselves. If we try to show them they were wrong they will be defensive and not listen. If we show them how we are together on certain issues and let them understand how they were wrong we will be able to convert many more. Lead them with small pieces of candy (little ads) to our house and once they finally enter (listen to Paul) they will never be able to leave. Focus on Iowa, Nevada, and New Hampshire; unless other states move their primaries up. The most important is to get a good advertising company, possibly Rands!!! I don't want to see the poor quality ads of late 07, early 08. The internet ads were 100s of times better than those pieces of junk.

ssforronpaul

Michigan11
04-20-2010, 10:21 PM
Let Ron Paul do his thing, he knows he has massive support behind either decision. In my opinion, I do hope he runs, if he wants to, but if he does, He must be in it this time to WIN it, like he does for his congressional race. Another educational run won't cut it for the majority of his supporters this time, they won't be as into it as before.

Black and white here, yes or no, run to win or forget it. If he decide to win it, then I and many I know will be ready to max out in donations and time.

The more I think about this, I am convinced it is too early to be talking about a presidential campaign, instead we should be focusing on congressional races right now. WAKE UP people, we have people to get elected right now, and money to donate.

speciallyblend
04-20-2010, 10:29 PM
Let Ron Paul do his thing, he knows he has massive support behind either decision. In my opinion, I do hope he runs, if he wants to, but if he does, He must be in it this time to WIN it, like he does for his congressional race. Another educational run won't cut it for the majority of his supporters this time, they won't be as into it as before.

Black and white here, yes or no, run to win or forget it. If he decide to win it, then I and many I know will be ready to max out in donations and time.

The more I think about this, I am convinced it is too early to be talking about a presidential campaign, instead we should be focusing on congressional races right now. WAKE UP people, we have people to get elected right now, and money to donate.

it is a pledge for after nov elections 2010!!! we all can chew gum and walk at the sametime. this is no way this is hurting current moneybombs or campaigns!! the pledge is just that and after we win 2010 elections. a moneybomb that says we want Ron Paul and 10 million reasons behind it. i think we are all focusing on Liberty Candidates 2010 locally but the race for 2012 already started at cpac and srlc!!

the only way anyone is stopping my pledge is if the government and corporations bankrupt me!! as far as i am concerned the race for 2012 started the minute the gop alienated and turned their backs on ron paul republicans back in 2006-2008!!! nerver forget what the corrupt gop did at state conventions last election!! gop establishment has 0 credibility!!

mstrmac1
04-20-2010, 10:34 PM
I think the goal is way to little.... This movement is way to big for such a little goal...10 millon is nothing... lets go 25 million...

speciallyblend
04-20-2010, 10:39 PM
I think the goal is way to little.... This movement is way to big for such a little goal...10 millon is nothing... lets go 25 million...

well if we get over 100,000 in next month or so. then 25 million would be the next step:) no reason we cannot raise the bar at every step of the way:)

people need to spread this and tell others!!!! asap

speciallyblend
04-20-2010, 10:45 PM
blimpin over 18,000 now

peacepotpaul
04-21-2010, 12:16 AM
not sure i do not keep up with the peace blimp!! been so busy with local races where we have ron paul republicans running and can WIN:)

that's what i meant!

my only concern in this case is, wouldn't Paul have to announce his candidacy first, or else who would be authorized to collect funds in his name?

Baptist
04-21-2010, 12:36 AM
Maybe add more amounts between $200 and $2400.

We'd probably throw one or two grand to Paul.

teacherone
04-21-2010, 01:11 AM
$10,000,000!

that's a lot of "he's catchin' on i'm tellin' ya ads!"

already got the one from last campaign! why waste money producing new ads? just edit the year out-- it's a timeless classic!

could air it all over the country at odd hours!

soon every night owl in the land will be a liberty minded paultard!

resistence is futile--

he's catchin' on

StateofTrance
04-21-2010, 01:37 AM
$10,000,000!

That's a lot of "he's catchin' on i'm tellin' ya ads!"

already got the one from last campaign! Why waste money producing new ads? Just edit the year out-- it's a timeless classic!

Could air it all over the country at odd hours!

Soon every night owl in the land will be a liberty minded paultard!

Resistence is futile--

he's catchin' on

lol :d

speciallyblend
04-21-2010, 05:17 AM
that's what i meant!

my only concern in this case is, wouldn't Paul have to announce his candidacy first, or else who would be authorized to collect funds in his name?

well from what i am seeing it is only a pledge so far, so no money is asked for unless he runs!!!!

speciallyblend
04-21-2010, 05:19 AM
$10,000,000!

that's a lot of "he's catchin' on i'm tellin' ya ads!"

already got the one from last campaign! why waste money producing new ads? just edit the year out-- it's a timeless classic!

could air it all over the country at odd hours!

soon every night owl in the land will be a liberty minded paultard!

resistence is futile--

he's catchin' on

yep nighttime early morning ads!! would be prime to wake folks up! rather see Ron Paul ads at 2-4am then the silly info commercials!!

speciallyblend
04-21-2010, 06:14 AM
blimpin 60 bucks away from 20,000, this is just the beginning

rprprs
04-21-2010, 06:36 AM
These are pledges.

Pledges.

Seriously.

I don't know, but I just felt the above needed to be re-stated.
In reading through the various threads on this subject, it seems that some are still failing to grasp the simplicity of this concept.
Of course, there are details which will need to be worked out along the way, but the focus of this effort is merely to demonstrate RIGHT NOW the ever-growing support for something we hope to see happening in the future and, in doing so, to encourage it to happen.

Pledging takes mere moments and in no way detracts from efforts on behalf of other liberty candidates. Additionally, no one is holding a gun to anyone's head. While I would hope that any pledges would reflect your honest intent, if Ron's candidacy doesn't materialize, or you find yourself penniless come that date, you have lost nothing by pledging. No harm, no foul.

While none of us hope to see any further "He's catchin' on..." ads, actually demonstrating this to be true is quite another matter. Nothing breeds success like success. I previously erred in pledging only $200.00, when, in fact, I know I will contribute far more if and when the time comes. I'm going to go back and correct that now.

In any event, I see only positives here. Please pledge and encourage others to do so.

speciallyblend
04-21-2010, 06:39 AM
website says pledges plain as day!! seriously folks if you pledge and do not follow thru. A new Branch of government called the Ron Paul pledge Police will be knocking on your door to make sure you follow thru( sarcasm)!!

nc4rp
04-21-2010, 07:32 AM

thats a myth i think. if hes still got it then hes still got it.

Current Pledge Amount: $20660

Elwar
04-21-2010, 09:06 AM

This December is perfect timing. Most candidates will be starting their exploratory committee around January of 2011. But if Ron Paul can announce his in December of 2010 he gets a lot of benefit from it.

He gets the outcome of this moneybomb which will have people talking throughout the holidays about Ron Paul as the Republican Party candidate and will let people know that Ron Paul owns the Tea Parties.

Also, if his more affluent donors can max out in 2010, the ticker flips back in 2011 so they can max out again that year. That's why instead of having just a moneybomb pledge site, I added the feature of showing how much you plan on donating. Those who can donate $2,400 will be able to show that and give more incentive to everyone else to rally behind the moneybomb with the higher figures.

If it comes down to it and Ron Paul doesn't announce in time for the moneybomb, we will have figured out by then how best to get the money to him. Either through CFL, or his congressional campaign, or whichever...but I believe that he wouldn't let an opportunity like this pass him by and will be compelled to announce.

Either way, we are the grassroots. We are powerful because we don't have to follow the campaign rules set up to strangle the candidates. We can start the campaign right here and right now. There's no reason to wait for an announcement. Ron Paul 2012 has begun!

speciallyblend
04-21-2010, 10:08 AM
This December is perfect timing. Most candidates will be starting their exploratory committee around January of 2011. But if Ron Paul can announce his in December of 2010 he gets a lot of benefit from it.

He gets the outcome of this moneybomb which will have people talking throughout the holidays about Ron Paul as the Republican Party candidate and will let people know that Ron Paul owns the Tea Parties.

Also, if his more affluent donors can max out in 2010, the ticker flips back in 2011 so they can max out again that year. That's why instead of having just a moneybomb pledge site, I added the feature of showing how much you plan on donating. Those who can donate $2,400 will be able to show that and give more incentive to everyone else to rally behind the moneybomb with the higher figures.

If it comes down to it and Ron Paul doesn't announce in time for the moneybomb, we will have figured out by then how best to get the money to him. Either through CFL, or his congressional campaign, or whichever...but I believe that he wouldn't let an opportunity like this pass him by and will be compelled to announce.

Either way, we are the grassroots. We are powerful because we don't have to follow the campaign rules set up to strangle the candidates. We can start the campaign right here and right now. There's no reason to wait for an announcement. Ron Paul 2012 has begun!

exactly, folks need to listen. the threads on Ron Paul 2012 and The Pledge Site need to be spread ASAP. Get with the Program Folks, Liberty Candidates 2010, Ron Paul 2012!!!! there is no need to wait!! If lil ole me and other ron paul republicans can win a delegate vote for a local Ron Paul Republican! 16-9 to be exact so can everyone else! Do not worry if you local gop doesn't get with the program! They will not be winning local/state or national Elections!!!!

The gop establishment will change their tunes as the bus comes to station and When The Liberty Movement Bus leaves the station, they will either get on the bus or be left at the bus station.

Liberty Candidates 2010, Ron Paul 2012!!!

Chester Copperpot
04-21-2010, 10:11 AM
Im in for $100 but Im not joining the site.. Im still getting emails from Trevor and 5th november, and blimpie. and well you know what I mean...

all we need is 50,000 people signed up online and the other 50,000 will be people like me who are in but not on the list.

pacelli
04-21-2010, 10:13 AM
Im in for $100 but Im not joining the site.. Im still getting emails from Trevor and 5th november, and blimpie. and well you know what I mean...

all we need is 50,000 people signed up online and the other 50,000 will be people like me who are in but not on the list.

Ditto. I'm pledged in spirit but refuse to submit my email address to future marketeers.

speciallyblend
04-21-2010, 10:17 AM
can someone create a 4 way flyer ,that promotes Ron Paul 2012 and the Liberty Tea Party movement?

speciallyblend
04-21-2010, 10:23 AM
Over 25000 now spread it around

Matthew Zak
04-21-2010, 10:27 AM
Yeah...we can have sign waves again.... "Who is Gary Johnson?" ....or "Google Gary Johnson" :rolleyes:

no thanks

We still need to do that for 90 year old ron paul, anyway.

Elwar
04-21-2010, 10:34 AM
Im still getting emails from Trevor and 5th november, and blimpie. and well you know what I mean...

Ya, I'm on so many Ron Paul e-mails that I completely understand. I won't be using the list for spam. Everyone who supports Ron Paul is already on one list or another so there's no huge announcement that would require the use of the list.

I had one other moneybomb and the only e-mail I sent out to the list was on moneybomb day. I think I even deleted it. I have no use for e-mail lists.

speciallyblend
04-21-2010, 10:37 AM
Ditto. I'm pledged in spirit but refuse to submit my email address to future marketeers.

this isn't being run by trevor ,just some folks from RPF!!

Elwar is who you need to chat with!!

Romulus
04-21-2010, 11:37 AM
I can take a little Ron Paul spam.

Signed up and pledged - bring it on!

Elwar
04-21-2010, 01:49 PM
I can take a little Ron Paul spam.

Signed up and pledged - bring it on!

http://www.ctitek.com/images/ronpaulspambotnet.jpg

speciallyblend
04-21-2010, 04:21 PM
blimpin for Ron Paul Spam!!!

QueenB4Liberty
04-21-2010, 05:34 PM
I'm still deciding what I want to pledge, lol. What happens if he doesn't run and has all this money? Who does it go to? (The money being raised on that site)

sofia
04-21-2010, 05:48 PM
I'm still deciding what I want to pledge, lol. What happens if he doesn't run and has all this money? Who does it go to? (The money being raised on that site)

it's a non-binding pledge...

obviously, if Ron doesnt have his explatorary committee and website up by 12/16....then we dont pay anything...

but i have a hunch he'll form his explatory by then....

speciallyblend
04-21-2010, 06:13 PM
it's a non-binding pledge...

obviously, if Ron doesnt have his explatorary committee and website up by 12/16....then we dont pay anything...

but i have a hunch he'll form his explatory by then....

yep:) the fact is Ron Paul 2012 is gonna happen with the gop or without and the gop better get with the program soon;) the only ones that have backed us into a corner are the failed gop establishment themselves. if they do not want Ron paul running as an indy. Then they better get with the program. I have 0 Tolerance for the failed gop establishment, ugh i just stole a buzz term from the neo-cons sigh ) 0 Tolerance ;) NOBIGGOVGOPINMYTEA and locally we are gonna say it loud and clear by electing Ron Paul Republicans and Dems!!

i hope the failed gop is listening ?? if not! they will alienate themselves!!

QueenB4Liberty
04-21-2010, 06:14 PM
I'm not sure what an exploratory committee is? Just seeing how much money he can gain early on? Would this set up by his people??

speciallyblend
04-21-2010, 06:27 PM
I'm not sure what an exploratory committee is? Just seeing how much money he can gain early on? Would this set up by his people??

none of that matters, it is a pledge site ,so if he doesn't run,no one is out any money. If he does Run. Then our pledges will deliver at that time;) if we have 10 million in pledges before summers end. odds are he will accept and announce by Dec 16th enabling folks to max out this yr and next yr!!! the point is to pledge and spread! now if he Runs and you have pledged and do not donate.Then i will personally come knocking on the door with the Ron Paul version of homeland security;)

rancher89
04-21-2010, 07:15 PM
If I and or my husband have a job by Dec 1, we will pledge AND be in Boston for the Tea Party.

Dare you to be there.

Elwar
04-21-2010, 07:23 PM

An exploratory committee gets set up by a candidate to see if he has support for a possible campaign run.

Something tells me he won't have to worry about the support... :)

speciallyblend
04-21-2010, 07:29 PM
If I and or my husband have a job by Dec 1, we will pledge AND be in Boston for the Tea Party.

Dare you to be there.

pledge anyway;) if you are not able to pledge on dec 16th, do not worry i will come knock on your door and bitch at you(sarcasm):) just pledge 100 bucks we will figure out the rest by dec 16th;)

Spread And Pledge

Elwar
04-21-2010, 07:32 PM
I'm still deciding what I want to pledge, lol.

You can pledge $10 and it'll give you a login name and password so you can go back and update your pledge if you want.

rancher89
04-21-2010, 07:39 PM
Let me get through the next two-three weeks guys. We may end up living in the RV and losing everything, so I really can't pledge anything honestly.

I just don't believe in pledging if you don't intend to follow through.....

speciallyblend
04-21-2010, 07:42 PM
Let me get through the next two-three weeks guys. We may end up living in the RV and losing everything, so I really can't pledge anything honestly.

I just don't believe in pledging if you don't intend to follow through.....

well if you can't follow thru. we will figure something out. we are pretty much in your boat to;) if Ron doesn't run your out nothing. if he does run and you are in hard times. We will create a chip in to cover you;) deal:)

Liberty will have your back:) Well we at least hope!!!

i have lost our cars and might be losing our house to:( just trying to survive while the gop/dnc and insurance companies rape us!! hard times indeed and nothing to lose:(

QueenB4Liberty
04-21-2010, 08:03 PM
You can pledge $10 and it'll give you a login name and password so you can go back and update your pledge if you want.

Ok I put down $20 for now, I'll probably end up changing my mind in the future, in fact when he announces it I'll definitely give more if I can.

speciallyblend
04-22-2010, 12:34 AM
blimpin almost to 30,000!!!!! keep spreading folks, can someone post on Daily Paul. We need ronpaul.com and ronpaul2012.com to jump aboard to and RPF!!

ello ello anyone home???? blimpin for the night!

rprprs
04-22-2010, 06:22 AM

Elwar,
I attempted to update my pledge amount to a higher figure through the "settings", but I didn't see any increase in the site's total pledge amount. Will it eventually be reflected there?

speciallyblend
04-22-2010, 07:51 AM
Pledge and Spread, over 30,000 now, just getting started!!!!!

Bruno
04-22-2010, 07:53 AM
Pledged $200

Elwar
04-22-2010, 08:15 AM
Elwar,
I attempted to update my pledge amount to a higher figure through the "settings", but I didn't see any increase in the site's total pledge amount. Will it eventually be reflected there?

Yes, the update kicks in the next time someone submits a pledge.

UtahApocalypse
04-22-2010, 08:27 AM

That is a HUGE point that i had not even considered. We can double the amount possible just by announcing before next year.

jake
04-22-2010, 08:41 AM
remember this thread - this is the thread that started the process of putting Ron Paul in the Whitehouse in 2012!! :cool:

tmosley
04-22-2010, 09:36 AM
Is there a ticker somewhere that shows the total pledged? I didn't see one on that site.

Epic
04-22-2010, 09:56 AM
Are you guys sure about the whole people-can-donate-twice-as-much-if-RP-announces-in-2010 thing?

Cause that would be huge. But can we find a source for that?

I thought it was just a set amount for each election cycle.

amy31416
04-22-2010, 09:58 AM
Are you guys sure about the whole people-can-donate-twice-as-much-if-RP-announces-in-2010 thing?

I'm curious about that as well, I'd want to be sure before I get my hopes up.

Austin
04-22-2010, 10:14 AM

It's not true. It's based on each election cycle, i.e. primary & general.

That said, those that are married can donate a total of $9,600; $2400 per spouse per election cycle.

Also, it should be noted that the maximum contribution is adjusted for inflation each year, which is why the current limit is $2400 as opposed to the $2300 limit during the 08 race.

Elwar
04-22-2010, 02:50 PM
It's not true. It's based on each election cycle, i.e. primary & general.

Ahh, my bad...I thought it went by year.

Either way...more money early means cheaper rates on advertising down the road.

And Republicans tend to support frontrunners...they love to be on the side of the "winner".