PDA

View Full Version : Hostettler needs our support.

John Taylor
04-20-2010, 11:23 AM
Let's look at the situation rationally.

1) John Hostettler is not Ron Paul. He is a more vehement social conservative, and has previously taken stances not in line with classical liberalism.

However:

2) John Hostettler opposed the war on Iraq in 2002, from a principled conservative position. He refused to buy the neo-conservative arguments and arm-twisting, and made his own way with Ron Paul and 4 other House Republicans, opposing the invasion. Hostettler is also a stickler for the constitution, and for maintaining his own independence. This makes him a great ally for Rand Paul and Peter Schiff in the Senate, and would greatly strengthen our movement should he win.

What is the situation on the ground in Indiana?

A) I do not live in Indiana, but I used to, and I know a little about the political situation there. John Hostettler is relatively popular in his old district, in Southern Indiana. He will win a great number of his votes there in the primary.

B) Mr. Coats and Mr. Marlin Stuzman, his primary primary opponents, are both from Northern Indiana, and will split the vote there between themselves. Realistically, Hostettler will only need to win about 32-35% of the vote to have a very good chance of winning the primary.

C) Neither Mr. Coats or Mr. Stuzman have very much money, so even a few radio ads could seal the deal for Hostettler.

If we can raise even 50K for him on the 22nd, we can have a disparately high impact on this race, and could easily, for a very small investment, realistically gain two constitutionalists instead of merely Rand in the fall. Hostettler is polling way ahead of his Democratic opponent, and he is within 3 points of former Senator Coats in the primary race. He needs just a little boost to put him over the top, and secure for the liberty movement a very libertarian, strict constructionist in the Senate.

Ron Paul has endorsed him, and has campaigned for him recently, can we pull through for him and get him over the finish line by a nose in 3 weeks??? I think we can.

MRoCkEd
04-20-2010, 11:24 AM
Hell yes.

Cowlesy
04-20-2010, 11:37 AM
Good analysis.

+1

FSP-Rebel
04-20-2010, 11:51 AM
In case it hasn't been mentioned in other threads pertaining to the Indy Senate race, DeMint and his Senate Conservative PAC sent out an email this morning for supporting Stutzman instead of Hostettler.

John Taylor
04-20-2010, 12:49 PM
In case it hasn't been mentioned in other threads pertaining to the Indy Senate race, DeMint and his Senate Conservative PAC sent out an email this morning for supporting Stutzman instead of Hostettler.

Yeah, I got that same email. That's why we need to double down and really give Hoss what he needs to stick it to the neo-cons.