PDA

View Full Version : BJ Lawson Sits Down With Founder of DownsizeDC.org

PBrady
04-19-2010, 08:49 PM
I got to briefly meet Jim Babka as he came through during a meet-n-greet for BJ at a local park. He is a real down to earth guy who is definitely on the side of liberty. Just realized that BJ put up this video on youtube the other day. They're basically just discussing the main pieces of legislation that downsizedc is trying to push ("One Subject at a Time" Act, "Read the Bills" Act, "Write the Laws" Act, "Enumerated Powers" Act, etc.)

YouTube - DownsizeDC Interview with Jim Babka (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP0wSd_m05Y)

Gotta remind BJ about the rule of thirds, though :p

lx43
04-19-2010, 11:56 PM
I wish the Downsize DC had an army of a million or more.

PBrady
04-20-2010, 08:26 AM
Before I met him, I had heard of Downsize DC but didn't really know all that much about it. Really just saw links to it around the interweb. Looks like they're 29,500+ and growing.

I'm pretty sure since they are a non-profit or whatever that they can't endorse, but I will say that Jim definitely speaks very highly of BJ. Apparently he is one of VERY few candidates willing to take on confidence games like Social Security, Medicare/Medicaid, etc. On one hand, it's discouraging to hear that there are so few, but on the other hand, it just makes you want to work that much harder to get him elected.