PDA

View Full Version : MO revenue down 13%, Hwy Patrol to increase enforcement

disorderlyvision
04-19-2010, 07:31 PM
http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-43006-Quincy-Libertarian-Examiner~y2010m4d19-Missouri-Highway-Patrol-increasing-enforcementagain-Missouri-revenue-down-over-13

A report by WGEM says that Missouri's Highway Patrol will be increasing their enforcement efforts along Highway 36 and 61 in coming months. This follows two other recent articles I have commented on.

Missouri police to 'aggressively enforce' seat belt violations

Semi drivers proceed with caution in the tri-states

First they stepped up their enforcement on truck drivers, followed by an increased enforcement on seat belt violations, and now they are going to increase enforcement, allegedly, to prevent traffic accidents and "promote traffic safety." All of this increased enforcement is for our safety of course. *rolls eyes*

Could the real reason of all of this increased enforcement have to do with another recent news report?

Missouri revenues down 13.2% through the third quarter of the budget year. "Figures released Friday by the Office of Administration show that Missouri's sales tax collections now have fallen for 10 straight quarters. Individual income tax collections also remain down for the year, although they picked up some in March. Missouri's fiscal year began last July and runs through June 30. March revenues plunged 17.8 percent compared with March 2009."

Are they really concerned for your safety? Or is all the recent increased enforcement efforts a way for the state to try to cover their budget shortfall?

Rael
04-19-2010, 08:36 PM
I don't support seat belt laws for adults. But I swear, I'll never understand people who don't wear them. It's such a simple thing to do and can save your life or prevent serious injury.

TC95
04-19-2010, 08:59 PM
Are they really concerned for your safety?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...........No.

Or is all the recent increased enforcement efforts a way for the state to try to cover their budget shortfall?

Yes.

speciallyblend
04-19-2010, 09:00 PM
they could make up the revenue by allowing a jimmy buffett concert .Then bust them for dui's and marijuana:) sorry for the sarcasm;)

TC95
04-19-2010, 09:33 PM
they could make up the revenue by allowing a jimmy buffett concert .Then bust them for dui's and marijuana:) sorry for the sarcasm;)

Or the could tailgate people so they're forced to speed up for fear of being rear-ended and then they could bust them for speeding. Whatever works. :)

Golding
04-19-2010, 10:19 PM
Anyone who's been pulled over more than once in their teens can attest that highway cops have no interest in anyone's safety. Simply fight the ticket and forbid the state from criminalizing you for profit.

james1906
04-19-2010, 10:22 PM
To cite and collect

Chester Copperpot
04-19-2010, 10:42 PM
Anyone who's been pulled over more than once in their teens can attest that highway cops have no interest in anyone's safety. Simply fight the ticket and forbid the state from criminalizing you for profit.

Yep.. Fight the ticket and demand a Jury trial... Constitution promises jury trial in all suits over $20...

itll cost them more than the ticket by the time theyre done.

speciallyblend
04-19-2010, 10:52 PM

here is a current story, i was driving from leadville to beanu vista. I passed a car going 5-10 under speed limit and passed legally. well 15 minutes later i am getting pulled over by a state trooper. first he asks for driver lisc. i ask him why? he explains that someone complained i passed them. I immediately went off on the officer! i said wtf? i have 2 witnesses and i never broke any laws! i was MAD and he knew it. I was not taking shit from this officer and never have or will!! He comes back to me threating to write me a ticket. I said what for? he said for passing illegally. I called bs on him and said no your not writing me a ticket! i continued to argue to the point i said write me a ticket or arrest me . i have done nothing wrong. he then hands me my drivers lisc and says i am not going to write you a ticket. I said you are dam right your not going to write me a ticket. he tried to intimidate me but i wasn't buying it. he kept trying to argue so i argued back finally my wife said get in the car. i said no this officer is full of crap. in the end the police left ,no ticket but i still wanted to chew his ass out but he left knowing i was going to bitch him out!! #1 lesson do not take crap from the police especially when you haven't done anything wrong!!

Anti Federalist
04-19-2010, 11:07 PM
here is a current story, i was driving from leadville to beanu vista. I passed a car going 5-10 under speed limit and passed legally. well 15 minutes later i am getting pulled over by a state trooper. first he asks for driver lisc. i ask him why? he explains that someone complained i passed them. I immediately went off on the officer! i said wtf? i have 2 witnesses and i never broke any laws! i was MAD and he knew it. I was not taking shit from this officer and never have or will!! He comes back to me threating to write me a ticket. I said what for? he said for passing illegally. I called bs on him and said no your not writing me a ticket! i continued to argue to the point i said write me a ticket or arrest me . i have done nothing wrong. he then hands me my drivers lisc and says i am not going to write you a ticket. I said you are dam right your not going to write me a ticket. he tried to intimidate me but i wasn't buying it. he kept trying to argue so i argued back finally my wife said get in the car. i said no this officer is full of crap. in the end the police left ,no ticket but i still wanted to chew his ass out but he left knowing i was going to bitch him out!! #1 lesson do not take crap from the police especially when you haven't done anything wrong!!

+1

phill4paul
04-19-2010, 11:10 PM

Yeah. That's the way it is done.:)

bossman068410
04-19-2010, 11:14 PM

A Live Nation Concert

Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band Tickets
All Ages
Thursday04/29/10at 8:00 PM
Verizon Wireless Amphitheater St. Louis
Maryland Heights, MO

HAHAHAHAH

and I'm going !

speciallyblend
04-19-2010, 11:25 PM
Yeah. That's the way it is done.:)

not sure arguing with a police officer is good advice:) but with all the shit that has been going down lately. The last thing i was going to have was taking crap from an officer unless i had truly done something wrong!!

#2 Lesson, try not to argue with police officer like i did,might not work out as planned:)

my wife and daughter were freaking out. They thought for sure i was going to get arrested!!:eek:

speciallyblend
04-19-2010, 11:29 PM
A Live Nation Concert

Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band Tickets
All Ages
Thursday04/29/10at 8:00 PM
Verizon Wireless Amphitheater St. Louis
Maryland Heights, MO

HAHAHAHAH

and I'm going !

YouTube - Jimmy Buffett Fins Music Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNrM7DnYz4Y)

YouTube - Why Don't We Get Drunk and Screw - Jimmy Buffett (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wFpvRMIIEM)

been to a few shows myself over the yrs;) enjoy the show;)

hotbrownsauce
04-20-2010, 03:56 PM
In Missouri they can't pull you over for not having a seat belt on. But they can issue you a ticket for you not having a seat belt on if they stop you for a different reason.

acptulsa
04-20-2010, 03:59 PM
So, did they say whose voters they're targeting this year? Hopefully they've switched to targeting leftover Obama stickers.

rancher89
04-21-2010, 07:36 PM
The grapevine has it that ALL law enforcement officers have been instructed to pull anyone going just a smidge over the speed limit.

Fact one: Revenues are down.

Fact two: Sure fire way to up your revenue is to issue speeding tickets, it's a Southern way of life.....

IMHO, I'm watching my lead foot.......don't want the hassle, don't want to spend the time dealing with it, don't have the money to pay for it....

nate895
04-21-2010, 08:17 PM
Or the could tailgate people so they're forced to speed up for fear of being rear-ended and then they could bust them for speeding. Whatever works. :)

Actions of other drivers, such as what you describe, can get you out of a ticket if you know what you are doing. Also, there would be the double whammy of entrapment on that one. Sadly, 98% of people pay their tickets without fighting whatsoever. It pays for the state to simply sit on the side of the road and just pull people over.

I believe WA is increasing enforcement as well. I see cops everywhere. It is creepy, I feel the cops breathing down my neck, and I don't do anything illegal. 1984, coming to a town near you.