PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul should use the attacks coming toward him as ammo.

Matthew Zak
04-19-2010, 05:13 PM
Have any of you seen 8 mile, the movie starring eminem? *spoiler alert* In the movie, he attempts to "free style" to a crowd of people who give him no chance to win, because he's white, the audience is black, and his competition knew a lot about him which they used against him in their rap "battles". Every time it was eminem's turn to rap, he choked -- even puked out of nervousness. Finally, he figured out that in order to nullify the attacks, and use them to his own advantage, he just rapped about everything the crowd could possibly find controversial, or anything that could be used against him, effectively stripping the power away from his enemy. At the end of which he challenged, "There, now tell these people something they don't know about me." He won.

What I think Ron Paul should do is go on the offensive with all of the things the GOP tries to marginalize him for, and do it in such a way that would be somewhat controversial. An ad, perhaps, using their attack words. Something that shows clips of the GOP attacking him relentlessly over the past 3 or 4 years. At the end of which Ron Paul can say, "If it makes me a conspiracy theorist to want to repeal the patriot act and restore your privacy, then I'm a conspiracy theorist. If it makes me a kook to want to disband the IRS and the federal reserve to restore value to our currency and protect our rights, then I am a kook. If it makes me too-old because I still believe in the constitution and I want to preserve our unalienable rights, then I am too old. I am Ron Paul. Conspiracy theorist. Kook. Old-timer."

Or something like that.

JamesButabi
04-19-2010, 05:52 PM
A viral video perhaps. This would be a good grassroots project.

BuddyRey
04-19-2010, 06:00 PM
It's unconventional, but I like it! People really respect candor and self-effacing wit in politicians.

Carole
04-19-2010, 06:02 PM
I would love to see a collection of the videos in Congressional hearings of his questions to the Fed, etc. and some of his interviews by the MSM and in debates (all prior to the meltdown) in which he warns over and over again of the coming housing and economic meltdown and monetary crisis. Put a bunch of repetitious warnings (verty brief ones) all in an ad :D :D

Sentient Void
04-19-2010, 06:11 PM
+1776 !

I AM SENTIENT VOID, AND I ENDORSE THIS MESSAGE.

Who can make this? We'll send it viral.

RCA
04-19-2010, 06:30 PM
Great idea!

Matthew Zak
04-19-2010, 07:02 PM
My computer is on the fritz, otherwise I would give it a shot.

It would be cool to create a campaign of videos, made by youtubers... although, I think coming from Ron Paul would make it most effective.

silus
04-19-2010, 09:05 PM
Ron Paul does not acknowledge attacks. He sticks to his message for any and all who will listen. Nothing less, nothing more.

Matthew Zak
04-20-2010, 05:22 PM
Ron Paul does not acknowledge attacks. He sticks to his message for any and all who will listen. Nothing less, nothing more.

Right, but everyone else does acknowledge the attacks, and those are voters. I think people are afraid to align themselves with Ron Paul because they'll be ridiculed for doing so. Ron Paul needs to take that power away from the GOP.

Actually, user-made videos could be pretty effective. Let's make a project of it.

"If it makes him a conspiracy theorist to see how the patriot act encroaches on our rights, then he's a conspiracy theorist. If it makes him a kook to want to abolish the income tax, the irs, and the federal reserve because of the damage those institutions do to out currency, our constitution, and our liberties, then he's a kook. If it makes him too-old because he follows the advice of our founding fathers, then he's too old. Yeah, Ron Paul is definitely an old, kooky, conspiracy theorist. And if he runs for president, he's definitely going to get my donation, and my vote."

John Taylor
04-20-2010, 05:44 PM
Have any of you seen 8 mile, the movie starring eminem? *spoiler alert* In the movie, he attempts to "free style" to a crowd of people who give him no chance to win, because he's white, the audience is black, and his competition knew a lot about him which they used against him in their rap "battles". Every time it was eminem's turn to rap, he choked -- even puked out of nervousness. Finally, he figured out that in order to nullify the attacks, and use them to his own advantage, he just rapped about everything the crowd could possibly find controversial, or anything that could be used against him, effectively stripping the power away from his enemy. At the end of which he challenged, "There, now tell these people something they don't know about me." He won.

What I think Ron Paul should do is go on the offensive with all of the things the GOP tries to marginalize him for, and do it in such a way that would be somewhat controversial. An ad, perhaps, using their attack words. Something that shows clips of the GOP attacking him relentlessly over the past 3 or 4 years. At the end of which Ron Paul can say, "If it makes me a conspiracy theorist to want to repeal the patriot act and restore your privacy, then I'm a conspiracy theorist. If it makes me a kook to want to disband the IRS and the federal reserve to restore value to our currency and protect our rights, then I am a kook. If it makes me too-old because I still believe in the constitution and I want to preserve our unalienable rights, then I am too old. I am Ron Paul. Conspiracy theorist. Kook. Old-timer."

Or something like that.

I like that.

Matthew Zak
04-20-2010, 07:49 PM
When I fix my computer I work on this project... Ahhh, I wish I could do it right now.

silus
04-20-2010, 08:17 PM
Right, but everyone else does acknowledge the attacks, and those are voters. I think people are afraid to align themselves with Ron Paul because they'll be ridiculed for doing so. Ron Paul needs to take that power away from the GOP.

Actually, user-made videos could be pretty effective. Let's make a project of it.

"If it makes him a conspiracy theorist to see how the patriot act encroaches on our rights, then he's a conspiracy theorist. If it makes him a kook to want to abolish the income tax, the irs, and the federal reserve because of the damage those institutions do to out currency, our constitution, and our liberties, then he's a kook. If it makes him too-old because he follows the advice of our founding fathers, then he's too old. Yeah, Ron Paul is definitely an old, kooky, conspiracy theorist. And if he runs for president, he's definitely going to get my donation, and my vote."
His job is to stay on message, our job is to respond to attacks and direct people towards that message using tactics like those mentioned in this thread. And honestly Ron Paul would have too many attacks to respond to. The republican nomination worked well as every attack felt the wrath of thousands of callers, emails and letters. I like how that went.

Romulus
04-21-2010, 01:02 PM
The neocons will just play the 9/11 card when the times comes.. prepare for it.

Matthew Zak
04-21-2010, 05:15 PM
The neocons will just play the 9/11 card when the times comes.. prepare for it.

Which is why I'm saying he needs to beat them to it.

Romulus
04-23-2010, 07:21 AM
Agreed.. neutralize the attack before they can even launch it.