PDA

View Full Version : Great op-ed in the Huffington Post about Dr. Paul with ZERO comments!?

wfd40
10-10-2007, 12:05 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kirsten-anderson/better-luck-this-time_b_67754.html

"Ron Paul's message is about an America that's virtually government free, where people are expected to manage their lives without government support, but also without government interference. Maybe the reason Paul's message is more popular now than in 1987 is that the world--or at least one part of it--has caught up with it. Maybe the reason Ron Paul's support is so tied to the Internet is that he is the candidate whose vision for how the nation should be run most closely matches how the Internet is run. Maybe he is the best candidate for Internet Nation.

In a 1988 interview, Paul was asked how long he thought it would take to reach his goal of a virtually government-free America.

"How long did it take the Marxists to do it? It took them about 75 years. We've been at it for 16 years, and I'd say we're doing very well."

That was almost twenty years ago. That leaves 39 years for the real world. But maybe online, the revolution has already happened. "

good stuff. Have at it team

LibertyEagle
10-10-2007, 12:17 PM
Huh? Why would he mention Marxists? I don't think that came out like he intended.

CodeMonkey
10-10-2007, 12:32 PM
Huh? Why would he mention Marxists? I don't think that came out like he intended.

I was thinking the same thing :p Oh well, not much to do about a comment he made in 1988...