PDA

View Full Version : Vacationing a human right, EU Chief says

Cowlesy
04-19-2010, 03:13 PM
http://www.ottawacitizen.com/travel/news/Vacationing+human+right+chief+says/2924330/story.html

Presented without comment.

Vacationing a human right, EU chief says
By Katherine Laidlaw, National PostApril 19, 2010

The plan would see taxpayers footing some of the bill for families facing "difficult social, financial or personal" circumstancesPhotograph by: fotolia, fotoliaThe European Union has declared travelling a human right, and is launching a scheme to subsidize vacations with taxpayers' dollars for those too poor to afford their own trips.

Antonio Tajani, the European Union commissioner for enterprise and industry, proposed a strategy that could cost European taxpayers hundreds of millions of euros a year, The Times of London reports.

"Travelling for tourism today is a right. The way we spend our holidays is a formidable indicator of our quality of life," Mr. Tajani told a group of ministers at The European Tourism Stakeholders Conference in Madrid on April 15. Mr. Tajani was appointed to his post by Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi.

More at the link.

specsaregood
04-19-2010, 03:17 PM
Well that settles it, I'm going to disneyworld.

ChaosControl
04-19-2010, 03:18 PM
I demand my 52wk/yr vacation to start now and I want this guy to pay for it. It is my right!

Bruno
So how many days of vacation are a human right, exactly? :rolleyes:

Anti Federalist
Oh for fuck's sake...

??facepalm??

rancher89
04-19-2010, 03:20 PM

That's what I want to know.....:confused:

specsaregood
04-19-2010, 03:20 PM
Oh for fuck's sake...

??facepalm??

What you aren't looking forward to your taxpayer funded trip to one of the Hedonism Resorts?! I know I am.

BenIsForRon
04-19-2010, 03:42 PM
I think vacationing is a human right. The government has no right to stop someone from going on vacation, therefore, we have the right to go on vacation.

Daamien
04-19-2010, 03:49 PM

The State has determined to allot you 336 hours of vacationing as a human right. Girls Gone Wild: Ultimate Spring Break DVDs are also a human right for those unable to exercise their right to vacation to Cancun.