PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know Ron Paul's speaking fee for a university?

The Patriot
04-19-2010, 01:52 PM
Just a question. I thought someone around here might know.

low preference guy
04-19-2010, 01:57 PM
He is not allowed to get paid because he is a member of Congress.

TheState
04-19-2010, 02:15 PM
He is not allowed to get paid because he is a member of Congress.

Yep, can't even pay for his travel.

The Patriot
04-19-2010, 02:18 PM
So I just email him? And he will come for free?

low preference guy
04-19-2010, 02:20 PM

If he can fit it in his agenda, probably. But he said he is not able to accept hunders of invitations because they are too many, not only from the country, but from all over the world.

But give it a try. Which state or university are you talking about?

Cowlesy
04-19-2010, 02:21 PM
It probably helps if you have a well-established YAL chapter.

MRoCkEd
04-19-2010, 02:25 PM
It probably helps if you have a well-established YAL chapter.
Yeah. All YAL chapters were given applications to have Ron Paul speak on their campus.

angelatc
04-19-2010, 02:29 PM
Just a question. I thought someone around here might know.

Maybe check with LadyJade about his availability. I think she keeps his calendar.

TheState
04-19-2010, 02:31 PM

Usually he can only come on mondays and fridays and there are very few openings. When we had him come to OSU, it took 2-3 months before we finally could settle on a date. He could only confirm about 3 weeks in advance.

The Patriot
04-19-2010, 02:57 PM
We are University Libertarians at SMU in Dallas. We already emailed him, he said he could probably go, but there are going to be some issues because he doesn't want to directly associate with another Political Party. We will probably just invite him through the Austrian Economics sub-group that is a branch of the Libertarian Club(which I am the chair of). There is no way in hell we are sharing this with College Republicans or letting them take any credit for it.

spudea
04-19-2010, 03:20 PM
We are University Libertarians at SMU in Dallas. We already emailed him, he said he could probably go, but there are going to be some issues because he doesn't want to directly associate with another Political Party. We will probably just invite him through the Austrian Economics sub-group that is a branch of the Libertarian Club(which I am the chair of). There is no way in hell we are sharing this with College Republicans or letting them take any credit for it.

is this an SMU student only event? I'm a college student in the dallas area and would love to attend.

The Patriot
04-19-2010, 03:24 PM
is this an SMU student only event? I'm a college student in the dallas area and would love to attend.

We don't have the details matted out yet. It will probably be early Fall 2010 semester. We are going to try and pack the house for sure, so you can probably come. Where do you go to school?

rancher89
04-19-2010, 03:28 PM
Contact Jared Fuller with the YAL @ Wake Forest University and the founder of "Year of Youth" organization.

http://www.yaliberty.org/posts/wake-forest-yal-doin-work

http://www.yearofyouth.org/

Two years ago he wrote an incredible "bid" that won a visit by Ron Paul at Wake Forest U.......my memory fails me but I think it ran to 16 pages. Needless to say, the C4L and RP staff (not to mention RP) were impressed with his entreaty.

He's a busy guy, so be patient, hint--write a killer subject line.....grins! He's worth knowing anyway if you are active at the college level (and beyond)--I'm very impressed with his ability to get the job done and done well.

Good luck!