PDA

View Full Version : An interactive heat map of Tea Party events

Matt Collins
04-19-2010, 12:35 PM
An interactive map of Tea Party events:

http://www.slate.com/id/2251029/

kahless
04-19-2010, 12:58 PM
What a disgusting display of comments right now with posters playing the race card smearing the Tea Party protesters as racists.

"A fair number of them are at least somewhat racist (given the times a lot of them were raised in, it shouldn't be surprising" -- Mathew

"Funny, these folks never seemed to care about government spending when a white guy was President." -- James

"Well sure, there are old racist white guys all over the country" -- Claire

When violent racism needs to be dealt with it will be not taken seriously because of these true racists continually playing the race card crying wolf for political gain.

Anti Federalist
04-19-2010, 01:09 PM
An interactive map of Tea Party events:

http://www.slate.com/id/2251029/

Two things:

One - Was I the only one that observed that the map of events was eerily similar to "nuke impact" maps?

Two - Throughout the comments is the repeated whine: "well, where were these teabaggers when George Bush was doing X Y Z that was unconstitutional?"

Umm, some of us, the ones who actually started the "Tea Party" movement were out, loudly and repeatedly condemning Bush on a regular basis.

I could easily ask the "lefties" where the hell did all the antiwar people go?

Damn the hypocritical sluts on both sides of this miserable equation.

kahless
04-19-2010, 01:17 PM
Two things:

One - Was I the only one that observed that the map of events was eerily similar to "nuke impact" maps?

Two - Throughout the comments is the repeated whine: "well, where were these teabaggers when George Bush was doing X Y Z that was unconstitutional?"

Umm, some of us, the ones who actually started the "Tea Party" movement were out, loudly and repeatedly condemning Bush on a regular basis.

I could easily ask the "lefties" where the hell did all the antiwar people go?

Damn the hypocritical sluts on both sides of this miserable equation.

Two - I see that on every website, every day and repeated over and over again. I got sick of correcting people. I swear I think most of them are probably paid by some PAC to post replies like that all day on every newspaper site.