PDA

View Full Version : Hostettler but not Schiff?

Daamien
04-19-2010, 09:30 AM
Why has Ron Paul officially endorsed John Hostettler, the senate candidate for Indiana, but not Peter Schiff from Connecticut?
Why do John Hostettler and Rand Paul both have banner advertisements on these forums for their money bombs but there is nothing for Peter Schiff's May 1st money bomb?
Why does John Hostettler not have a subform with the other liberty candidates?
I see all of these examples as a lack of consistency. What are your thoughts?

itshappening
04-19-2010, 09:45 AM
lack of urgency, Schiff primary is August, Hostettler is May 4th, Rand is May 18th

if anything we haven't done enough for Hostettler !! it should be priority #1 along with Rand

These 2 are also winning in General election matchups whereas Schiff has a very tough task

Jeremy
04-19-2010, 09:47 AM
I believe the Hostettler banner was paid for by someone.

Flash
May be the Schiff campaign didn't ask RP to give an endorsement for a reason?

AuH20
Schiff has no chance to win now that Dodd has stepped down. With that said, he's getting his name out there for future contests and bringing forth sound economic theory into the mainstream.

erowe1
04-19-2010, 09:49 AM
Why has Ron Paul officially endorsed John Hostettler, the senate candidate for Indiana, but not Peter Schiff from Connecticut?

I agree with the comment above, it's a matter of timing.

Why do John Hostettler and Rand Paul both have banner advertisements on these forums for their upcoming money bombs but there is nothing for Peter Schiff's May 1st money bomb?

That could also be a matter of timing.

Why does John Hostettler not have a subform with the other liberty candidates?

Because Hostettler has a voting record to pick at and they don't.

WorldonaString
04-19-2010, 09:53 AM
Schiff has no chance to win now that Dodd has stepped down. With that said, he's getting his name out there for future contests and bringing forth sound economic theory into the mainstream.

Completely disagree. Schiffs campaign has a long ways to go relative to the other big races. While the race may be a bit more complicated for Schiff, I believe he is our strongest and most inspiring candidate outside of the Good Doctor himself. I'm sure Schiff'll be making more noise soon.

AuH20
04-19-2010, 09:55 AM
Completely disagree. Schiffs campaign has a long ways to go relative to the other big races. While the race may be a bit more complicated for Schiff, I believe he is our strongest and most inspiring candidate outside of the Good Doctor himself. I'm sure Schiff'll be making more noise soon.

It's Connecticut though. Blumenthal has high favorabilty ratings now that they purged Dodd. He's killing Simmons as well.

gls
04-19-2010, 09:57 AM

Peter has said many times that he wouldn't be running if believed he had no chance to win. I highly doubt that he is setting himself up for "future contests". It is obvious to me at least that he does not aspire to be a professional politician.

Daamien
04-19-2010, 09:59 AM

I agree that he should continue to run to spread the message of free markets and liberty even if he won't win the election. However, there is still plenty of time until the primary in August and the general election in November to make up some ground.

It should also be noted that his numbers are improving with each new poll and that Blumenthal isn't a guaranteed winner given that he is just another establishment politician running to improve his political career. Scott Brown (although I don't really support him) did have a surprise victory over the previously popular incumbent Massachusetts Attorney General Martha Coakley. Perhaps a similar situation could develop in Connecticut due to voter discontent.

Basically I wouldn't write-off his election chances yet.

AuH20
04-19-2010, 09:59 AM
Peter has said many times that he wouldn't be running if believed he had no chance to win. I highly doubt that he is setting himself up for "future contests". It is obvious to me at least that he does not aspire to be a professional politician.

Well, as soon as Dodd stepped down, and the Democrats were allowed to bury their cronyism & essentially reset the race with Blumenthal, any chance of Peter winning flew out the window. I love Peter's message but he's simply running in a horrible state.

gls
04-19-2010, 10:10 AM
Well, as soon as Dodd stepped down, and the Democrats were allowed to bury their cronyism & essentially reset the race with Blumenthal, any chance of Peter winning flew out the window. I love Peter's message but he's simply running in a horrible state.

Having lived here all my life I'm well-aware of Connecticut's historically very liberal political climate but despite presenting it as so your opinion is not fact. Peter would not be running if he honestly believed he has no chance of winning whatsoever.

Daamien
04-19-2010, 10:10 AM
Because Hostettler has a voting record to pick at and they don't.

We want him to win, right? A specialized sub-forum would promote better coordination of efforts.

erowe1
04-19-2010, 10:15 AM
We want him to win, right? A specialized sub-forum would promote better coordination of efforts.

I do. But it's been discussed enough here without it happening that I think it's safe to say that those who make that decision don't want to do it, which is their prerogative.

tmosley
04-19-2010, 10:18 AM
As things get worse, Schiff will have a progressively better chance of winning.

And they WILL get worse.

Don't Tread on Mike
04-19-2010, 03:00 PM
People in CT like Ron Paul! Everyone i have talked to knows who he is and likes him. It would be a good endorsement. Let us not forget that Ron Paul won CPAC which was on the local news here. Also Glen Beck is from CT and we all know that he likes Rand and he has had Schiff on his program a number of times.

Brian4Liberty
04-19-2010, 03:24 PM

Once you start down the road of adding sub-forums for every "liberty candidate", you would be in for a lot of work.

These people are maintaining a list:

http://www.liberty-candidates.org/

We want them all to win, and it's good to have a horse in every race, but that would be a lot of subforums.

Daamien
04-19-2010, 03:30 PM
Once you start down the road of adding sub-forums for every "liberty candidate", you would be in for a lot of work.

These people are maintaining a list:

http://www.liberty-candidates.org/

We want them all to win, and it's good to have a horse in every race, but that would be a lot of subforums.

He is Ron Paul endorsed. These are the Ron Paul forums. Why are certain candidates who have been endorsed worthy of forums and others are not? Who gets to decide, what criteria is used, and why?

Daamien
04-19-2010, 03:38 PM
People in CT like Ron Paul! Everyone i have talked to knows who he is and likes him. It would be a good endorsement. Let us not forget that Ron Paul won CPAC which was on the local news here. Also Glen Beck is from CT and we all know that he likes Rand and he has had Schiff on his program a number of times.

Minor correction: Glenn Beck isn't "from" Connecticut, he lives here and bought his house in New Canaan in 2005 and then put it on the market in December 2009 (it hasn't sold). He is from Washington state. His family isn't from Connecticut, he doesn't work in Connecticut (he did for a short time), and he probably wouldn't identify himself as from Connecticut. Therefore, I don't see him carrying any special weight in Connecticut as some sort of local figure. I don't think Beck is in the business of endorsing anyone either.

speciallyblend
04-19-2010, 04:38 PM
Minor correction: Glenn Beck isn't "from" Connecticut, he lives here and bought his house in New Canaan in 2005 and then put it on the market in December 2009 (it hasn't sold). He is from Washington state. His family isn't from Connecticut, he doesn't work in Connecticut (he did for a short time), and he probably wouldn't identify himself as from Connecticut. Therefore, I don't see him carrying any special weight in Connecticut as some sort of local figure. I don't think Beck is in the business of endorsing anyone either.

run away from a beck endorsement!! beck is no friend to liberty!! the best thing for Liberty is for beck to keep his mouth shut!!