PDA

View Full Version : Highly Decorated Major General Supports Ron Paul's foreign Policy

ProBlue33
04-19-2010, 07:42 AM
Well this is a deceptive headline because the man is dead, but if Ron Paul and this General were in charge of American foreign policy how different things would be for America.

Smedley Darlington Butler (July 30, 1881 – June 21, 1940), nicknamed "The Fighting Quaker" and "Old Gimlet Eye", was a Major General in the U.S. Marine Corps, and at the time of his death the most decorated Marine in U.S. history. During his 34-year career as a Marine, he participated in military actions in the Philippines, China, in Central America during the Banana Wars, the Caribbean and during World War I, he served in France. By the end of his career he had received 16 medals, five of which were for heroism. He is one of 19 people to be twice awarded the Medal of Honor, one of three to be awarded both the Marine Corps Brevet Medal and the Medal of Honor, and the only person to be awarded the Brevet Medal and two Medals of Honor, all for separate actions

After he retired here are some of his comments

I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during that period I spent most of my time as a high class thug for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism. I helped make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefit of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for the International Banking House of Brown Brothers in 1902–1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for the American sugar interests in 1916. I helped make Honduras right for the American fruit companies in 1903. In China in 1927 I helped see to it that Standard Oil went on its way unmolested. Looking back on it, I might have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents.
Even back then America was becoming a corporatist state.

My mental faculties remained in suspended animation while I obeyed the orders of the higher-ups. This is typical with everyone in the military.
Yes that's how they are trained, just look at that latest video from Iraq of those helicopters shooting up all those people.

I wouldn't go to war again as I have done to protect some lousy investment of the bankers. There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
AMEN

War is just a racket. A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of people. Only a small inside group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few at the expense of the masses.
IRAQ?

I believe in adequate defense at the coastline and nothing else. If a nation comes over here to fight, then we'll fight. The trouble with America is that when the dollar only earns 6 percent over here, then it gets restless and goes overseas to get 100 percent. Then the flag follows the dollar and the soldiers follow the flag.
Ron Paul has said exactly the same thing

The problem is too many Americans see the light or truth too late in there lives, blinded by patriotism to follow the flag and nationalism, but Ron Paul is encouraged by the many young people that see the truth so early in there lives these days.

NoHero
04-19-2010, 08:07 AM
You deceptive bastard... Haha :-)

Seriously though, thanks for the post. I had never heard of this man. Thank God for the Quakers. They have really been a glaring example of religion at its best throughout American history. Always very opposed to war. Does anyone up around Pennsylvania way know if the Quakers supported Ron Paul?

My grandfather was in Shanghai when Mao and the communist and before he died described to me blood running in the streets soiling his white Naval uniform. He was repulsed if one of us had even a small cut as children. He was a noninterventionist, pacifist Republican before it was cool. I love and miss that man. He gave me my beliefs before I realized they were my own.