PDA

View Full Version : Look How Much Money Illegal Aliens are Milking Us for

stu2002
04-19-2010, 05:02 AM
Amount expected to rocket if Democrats grant amnesty

By Michael Carl

A new report from Numbers USA, which advocates for limits on immigration into the United States, says each American paid $330 last year to provide government services for illegal aliens.

Numbers USA staffer Chad MacDonald said if an amnesty plan becomes law, allowing illegals from coast-to-coast to suddenly establish citizenship, their retirement program will set U.S. taxpayers back an estimated $2.6 trillion.

In an interview with WND, MacDonald addressed a long list of issues, including the costs of illegal immigration.

"Last year, every American on the average paid $330 to provide government services for low-education illegal immigrant households," he said. "If amnesty legislation would be passed by Congress, like the proposal from 2007, American taxpayers would have to pay $2.6 trillion in retirement costs to those amnestied illegal aliens."

MacDonald and a team of volunteers has been following the Tea Party Express, an organization that has been traveling the country staging rallies to protest the high costs of government and advocate for more individual rights and responsibilities. Flyers by the thousands have been given out, he said.

The message isn't complicated: The more immigrants, the higher taxes go.

He said since 1990, immigrants who have come to the U.S. have swelled the welfare rolls.

"Fifty-three percent of recent immigrants use welfare services and immigrants who have arrived since 1990 and their legally born children account for a 75 percent growth rate in the nation's uninsured population," MacDonald said.

Get "Taking America Back," Joseph Farah's manifesto for sovereignty, self-reliance and moral renewal

That has voters worried.

"The issue is about jobs and about fiscal responsibility, and that resonates with the voters," MacDonald said.

He said even in left-leaning regions, such as the Northeast, he's found supporters.

"Today I brought 5,000 flyers and I'm down to about 1,500. I have 50 activists here handing out the flyers and we've gotten a great response from the crowd. The response has been good at every stop along the way as well," MacDonald reported at the Boston tea-party event this week.
Listen to an interview with MacDonald:

"There's always opposition, but I didn't encounter any opposition in Boston," MacDonald said.

He said Numbers USA is not anti-immigrant.

"Numbers USA is absolutely not anti-immigrant. We're just for lower immigration numbers. We have a very strong no immigrant bashing policy on our web site and for our members," MacDonald explained.

"It's about policy for us. It's about reducing the amount of legal and illegal immigration to historical levels when this country had great growth and had low unemployment and that's our policy," he said.

"We are a nation of immigrants and if it is working the way it has historically worked, 250,000 to 300,000 each year, and we've experienced great growth," MacDonald said.

"Last year there were 1.8 million. We had 1.1 million green cards issued last year. That's hard to understand when there are nearly 25 million Americans who are unemployed," MacDonald said.

He said another expense hits taxpayers in the number of illegal aliens who are in prison.

"I can't speak to the situation in every state, but I know that in California, about 30 percent of the inmate population is illegal," MacDonald said.

Advocates for amnesty claim that by passing an amnesty bill, the U.S. could bring in hundreds of millions of dollars in tax revenue. But that doesn't align with a research report by the Center for Immigration Studies. The CIS report said claims made by a pro-amnesty think tank about illegal immigrants and a 90 percent tax payment rate are misleading.

"The report, 'Immigrant Legalization: Assessing the Labor Market Effects,' was published by the foundation-supported Public Policy Institute of California (PPIC), and was written by Laura E. Hill, Magnus Lofstrom, and Joseph M. Hayes. You will be reading about the 90 percent or so tax payment rate throughout the upcoming legalization debate," CIS reported.

"The trouble is that this finding, though narrowly accurate about the people studied, totally misrepresents the characteristics of America's illegal population generally," the CIS report continued.

The CIS report claims that the California group used an ideal model to back their findings about illegal immigrants.

"If you read the technical appendices to their study carefully, you will find that they draw data from the 2003 New Immigrant Survey. And who was studied in that survey? It was people who, and I am quoting, 'have recently gained legal permanent residence in the United States,'" the CIS report concluded.

Other costs include the losses from crime by illegal aliens, an issue that reached headlines in recent weeks with the shooting death of an Arizona rancher who may have been trying to help an illegal alien crossing his ranch.

States themselves sometimes have resorted to fighting back. Arizona recently adopted a plan that allows law enforcement officers to check the immigration status of any suspect if the officer has reason to suspect the person's legal status.

Besides its public information campaign, MacDonald said his organization also is seeking support in Congress that could be used to defeat any coming amnesty proposal.

WND reported earlier when one organization suggested using information from the 2010 Census to track down, apprehend and deport illegal aliens.

"We'd like for Congress to pass a special bill demanding that the census data be used," William Gheen, president of Americans for Legal Immigration PAC, told WND at the time. "The alarm that needs to be raised is that every illegal alien that fills out the census is stealing taxpayer resources and political representation."

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=141985

AlexMerced
04-19-2010, 05:26 AM
"Milking Us" is a strong way to put it, my issue sometimes on this board is that we always have to villify everyone. We promote individualism and self-determination, and a lot of the time that's what people are doing, the problem isn't the people but the services available to them that drain resources and create dependencies.

People are people

tangent4ronpaul
04-19-2010, 05:46 AM
recipe:

Wall with razor wire, plowed ground to show up footprints real good and laced with trip flares and land mines, trench filled with sewage. oil, water and punji sticks, more plowed ground, land mines and trip flares, another wall, strip with really MEAN attack dogs, guard towers w/ search lights and machine guns overlooking kill zone...

problem solved...

-t

noxagol
04-19-2010, 05:49 AM
Death to welfare!

erowe1
04-19-2010, 06:02 AM
This thread should be called, "Look how much welfare and the drug war are milking us."

Meatwasp
04-19-2010, 06:17 AM
"Milking Us" is a strong way to put it, my issue sometimes on this board is that we always have to villify everyone. We promote individualism and self-determination, and a lot of the time that's what people are doing, the problem isn't the people but the services available to them that drain resources and create dependencies.

People are people

get rid of the services and put shame on those that take it.

dean.engelhardt
04-19-2010, 06:55 AM
I agree with the original post. But we still need to keep things in perspective. Link (http://costofwar.com/)

Ask that government to fix a problem that cost $330 per person and they might give us a $500 per person answer. It's better to end the warfare/welfare state.

constituent
04-19-2010, 07:00 AM
MacDonald and a team of volunteers has been following the Tea Party Express, an organization that has been traveling the country staging rallies to protest the high costs of government and advocate for more individual rights and responsibilities. Flyers by the thousands have been given out, he said.

What more do you need to know, folks?

Zippyjuan
04-19-2010, 12:01 PM
He said Numbers USA is not anti-immigrant.

"Numbers USA is absolutely not anti-immigrant. We're just for lower immigration numbers. We have a very strong no immigrant bashing policy on our web site and for our members," MacDonald explained.

"It's about policy for us. It's about reducing the amount of legal and illegal immigration to historical levels when this country had great growth and had low unemployment and that's our policy," he said.

"We are a nation of immigrants and if it is working the way it has historically worked, 250,000 to 300,000 each year, and we've experienced great growth," MacDonald said.

The last time we had those numbers was during the Great Depression. Yeah- the economy was really booming back then I guess. :rolleyes: The other time was the early 1800's.

http://web.missouri.edu/~brente/usimmigr.jpg
http://web.missouri.edu/~brente/immigr.htm

"I can't speak to the situation in every state, but I know that in California, about 30 percent of the inmate population is illegal," MacDonald said.

He needs to check his facts. It is more ten percent, not thirty. I would question his other "facts" as well. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/06/26/AR2006062601240.html

More than 10 percent of California's prison population is in the United States illegally.

slothman
04-19-2010, 12:49 PM
Why would they give money to an illegal through welfare?
Why would they keep them in prison?
Why not just deport them?

Vessol
04-19-2010, 02:04 PM
Why not just get rid of the welfare state and not just spend the countless billions it would cost to deport millions of people and even more to create the death camp like borders?

Make America the land of opportunity again. Where those who work hard make it to the top and those who don't, are left in the dust.

I can't see how so many people claim to be for small government, yet preach Protectionism, which naturally expands the government greatly just as much as war and the welfare state do.

Deborah K
04-19-2010, 02:09 PM
Why would they give money to an illegal through welfare?
Why would they keep them in prison?
Why not just deport them?

An acquaintance of mine lost her daughter to an illegal who was driving a company truck after hours while drunk. It was his 5th offense. The other four times, they deported him.

AuH20
04-19-2010, 02:09 PM
Why not just get rid of the welfare state and not just spend the countless billions it would cost to deport millions of people and even more to create the death camp like borders?

Make America the land of opportunity again. Where those who work hard make it to the top and those who don't, are left in the dust.

I can't see how so many people claim to be for small government, yet preach Protectionism, which naturally expands the government greatly just as much as war and the welfare state do.

The welfare state will not be dismantled at the end of either of our lifetimes. There are far too many special interest groups sucking off the funds injected into the welfare state. It's a moot point.

Deborah K
04-19-2010, 02:15 PM

It's not just about welfare. It's about businesses who hire and exploit them for slave wages. Have you ever visited an illegal encampment? They used to be all over San Diego county until the economy got bad. Living conditions are horrid.

Protectionism has nothing to do with expecting people from other countries to respect our immigration laws. All countries have borders and immigration laws.

Vessol
04-19-2010, 02:23 PM
What do you think drives them to slave wages? Immigration laws that push them away from proper jobs and puts them into the black market.

In a free market you wouldn't have to worry about the immigrants "took mah job!", the free market would naturally expand the job market to the job force.

I don't understand those who think we should spend countless billions on trying to solve an issue that can't be solved by throwing money at it.

Deborah K
04-19-2010, 02:37 PM
What do you think drives them to slave wages? Immigration laws that push them away from proper jobs.

In a free market you wouldn't have to worry about the immigrants "took mah job!", the free market would naturally expand the job market to the job force.

I don't understand those who think we should spend countless billions on trying to solve an issue that can't be solved.

Why do people insist on confusing the issues? If they could make a living in their own country, they wouldn't be trying to make one here. You don't see Canadians flooding across to the tune of millions every year. The problem is, our country isn't equipped to take everyone from every other country with a corrupt gov't. Mexico is a beautiful country with lots of natural resources. The only reason people can't earn a decent living there is solely because of the corruption.

Having stated the above however, I am completely for allowing people to work where they are wanted and needed as long as it is done according to the laws of the land. INS is a mess but then so few gov't agencies aren't. Working here legally shouldn't be as hard as it has become. The issue of illegal immigration isn't as cut and dried as you would think it would be.

torchbearer
04-19-2010, 02:39 PM
i see the world as the productive and non-productive. skin color and birth place don't figure into that equation.
the title and content of this thread really should be, look at how much money the non-productive are milking from us.

RideTheDirt
04-19-2010, 02:47 PM
Stop the welfare and they'll leave in swarms.
i see the world as the productive and non-productive. skin color and birth place don't figure into that equation.
the title and content of this thread really should be, look at how much money the non-productive are milking from us.
QFT