PDA

View Full Version : Chip in to send Flowers to Joy Behar

Question_Authority
10-10-2007, 10:27 AM
Joy Behar is talking up Ron Paul on The View and is going on the Bill Maher show Friday night. I think Tucker Carlson will be there too! We must jump on this.

Please donate to send her a Thank You Bouquet (a kick-ass one)

http://grannies.chipin.com/sending-flowers-to-joy-behar

I will ask for photos, etc. to be posted. Whoever did the Laura one, who did you use for a florist? Did everything work out? We should use the same service so they get to know us and are willing to give pics, etc.

I am taking suggestions for what to put on the card.

NOTE: We need enough funds by Thursday morning so we will have time to arrange this. The Chip In web site would not allow such a short chip in. Had to be Friday. Ignore that deadline!

kylejack
10-10-2007, 10:28 AM
A local florist was used, and that should be done again. FTD/1800Flowers generally suck.

FrankRep
10-10-2007, 10:29 AM
That's very sweet. I like the idea.

Cindy
10-10-2007, 10:39 AM
Your Receipt

Your contribution to Sending Flowers to Joy Behar has been processed via PayPal:

ChipIn Event Title: Sending Flowers to Joy Behar
ChipIn Event Organizer: Elizabeth Comeau (liz@keyelementdesign.com)
Transaction ID: 85e5f416eb19e8c9
Contribution Amount: $5.00
Contribution Date: October 10, 2007 4:33 PM GMT

She's worth it! Shes been so cool to Paul bringing him in a very supportive way and argues in favor of him against that blond twit on the show.

njjack
10-10-2007, 10:42 AM
I'm down for $10

Trassin
10-10-2007, 10:46 AM
I chipped in $5.00

Knowguy
10-10-2007, 10:46 AM
I did the same type of fundraiser for the cancellation of the TV series Jericho on CBS so I made my website into a donation site to send flowers to a Miss Nina Tassler who was in charge of Jericho and I got a local company in LA to take a picture of both the flowers before they went and when they got delivered..we should use the company I used....anyways check out www.JesseRoland.com to see what I did.

mavtek
10-10-2007, 10:52 AM
$10 sent

Question_Authority
10-10-2007, 11:08 AM
A local florist was used, and that should be done again. FTD/1800Flowers generally suck.

Oh, is Laura in NY too? I cannot find an address on her site. I would like to use the same florist if possible. Thanks!

erowe1
10-10-2007, 11:12 AM
I can't think of a worse way to cripple Paul's chances of getting the GOP nomination than saddling him with the support of that horridly liberal airhead woman.

kylejack
10-10-2007, 11:14 AM
I can't think of a worse way to cripple Paul's chances of getting the GOP nomination than saddling him with the support of that horridly liberal airhead woman.

A worse way: Saddling him with the support of that horribly conservative airhead woman, Elisabeth Hasselbeck.

Name recognition is our number one problem. Anyone who talks about him constantly gets flowers or cigars.

erowe1
10-10-2007, 11:19 AM
Hasselbeck is not a conservative. She's just the token pretty girl on the show whom they frame as a conservative, when none of them have a clue about politics to begin with. Of the thousand or so women and ten or eleven men who watch the View, maybe one or two at most will vote in the Democrat primary and zero in the GOP.

Cindy
10-10-2007, 11:19 AM

She is giving him serious name recognition to millions of viewers in a target market we need to reach and capture.

erowe1
10-10-2007, 11:22 AM
She is giving him serious name recognition to millions of viewers in a target market we need to reach and capture.

Which target market is that? Are we gunning for the obesity vote now?

kylejack
10-10-2007, 11:23 AM
Hasselbeck is not a conservative. She's just the token pretty girl on the show whom they frame as a conservative, when none of them have a clue about politics to begin with. Of the thousand or so women and ten or eleven men who watch the View, maybe one or two at most will vote in the Democrat primary and zero in the GOP.
I'm not sure what planet you're on, but The View is averaging 3.5 million viewers a day, its highest ratings ever, and around 15x as many viewers as many cable news shows. Name recognition is still a major concern and Joy Behar mentions him all the time.

thehittgirl
10-10-2007, 11:23 AM

I am really glad Joy is for him. My mom watches the View and all of a sudden is coming around. She was a Hillary fan.

Question_Authority
10-10-2007, 11:24 AM

Are you kidding me? We cannot afford to ignore such a large block of voters. Put your bias aside and work for the campaign. Don't put down someone who is talking up Ron Paul!

orenbus
10-10-2007, 11:26 AM

um we have the 18-35 Male viewership locked down, it's time to expand.

LibertyEagle
10-10-2007, 11:28 AM

You sure about that?

One of the only reasons Obama is so popular, is because of Oprah promoting him. Last time I checked, Oprah's prime audience was WOMEN.

Behar hasn't been attaching "liberal" to Paul. All I have seen her do is talk about what he has said. In fact, she has been very careful not to put words in his mouth. Most of the time she actually goes to the trouble to quote him directly. If she had been doing otherwise, yes, it might be a negative, but that is not what she has been doing.

She's not our enemy. She is doing a great service to us in getting his name out there. As a traditional conservative, I welcome people from ALL parties and ALL walks of life to join us in this fight to reclaim our individual liberty and reinstate the Constitution. If we can all stay focused on that as well, we will win.

erowe1
10-10-2007, 11:29 AM
Ok, ok, my remarks were out of line. I'm sorry though, I still think we need more Republican votes. And I can't help thinking that Behar will turn off more of them then she'll turn on.

LibertyEagle
10-10-2007, 11:30 AM
$10 chipped in. :)

LibertyEagle
10-10-2007, 11:31 AM
Ok, ok, my remarks were out of line. I'm sorry though, I still think we need more Republican votes. And I can't help thinking that Behar will turn off more of them then she'll turn on.

We need BOTH.

specsaregood
10-10-2007, 11:41 AM
I'm in for $10.

Confirmation Number: 9XB41441E60924108.

I would NOT be surprised if she mentioned this on the air. Just think more publicity (and good image of supporters which we need) for very little money.

Marceline88
10-10-2007, 11:45 AM

I can't think of a worse way to cripple Paul's chances than to continue the hateful "liberal" bashing and name calling, and not recognizing the benefit to the good of us all when someone hears and supports the truth Ron speaks. The only name I have for such a person is American.

The GOP no longer belongs to the hateful name callers who have voted for the current mess over and over again. It must be restocked such so-called "liberal airheads" as Joy Behar and me, and my sisters, who know the truth when we finally hear it.

Learn to live in the big tent.

Syren123
10-10-2007, 11:48 AM
Hey I'm no Joy Behar fan...I think The View is toxic poison...but if she's on board with RP, hooray for her. I could care less who her fans are but if they'll look into and support RP at Joy's recommendation, that's that many fewer that WE have to convert.

RonPaulFever
10-10-2007, 11:49 AM
I can't believe some of the stupidity I come across in this forum. We have a major daytime TV personality talking up RP in front of millions, yet someone finds a way to spin it into something negative. :rolleyes:

Question_Authority
10-10-2007, 11:50 AM
You sure about that?

One of the only reasons Obama is so popular, is because of Oprah promoting him. Last time I checked, Oprah's prime audience was WOMEN.

Behar hasn't been attaching "liberal" to Paul. All I have seen her do is talk about what he has said. In fact, she has been very careful not to put words in his mouth. Most of the time she actually goes to the trouble to quote him directly. If she had been doing otherwise, yes, it might be a negative, but that is not what she has been doing.

She's not our enemy. She is doing a great service to us in getting his name out there. As a traditional conservative, I welcome people from ALL parties and ALL walks of life to join us in this fight to reclaim our individual liberty and reinstate the Constitution. If we can all stay focused on that as well, we will win.

Bravo! Well said, Liberty, well said!

Question_Authority
10-10-2007, 11:53 AM
Hey I'm no Joy Behar fan...I think The View is toxic poison...but if she's on board with RP, hooray for her. I could care less who her fans are but if they'll look into and support RP at Joy's recommendation, that's that many fewer that WE have to convert.

BINGO! As far as someone said about turning off Republicans, how many of them are watching? And it's not like Fox News is telling all the neo-cons what Joy Behar says.

chowda
10-10-2007, 11:58 AM
I put this on my chipin page

http://ronpaulgraphs.com/chipin.html

Question_Authority
10-10-2007, 12:21 PM
I put this on my chipin page

http://ronpaulgraphs.com/chipin.html

Thanks.

BTW Is everyone using the chip in page or are some sending it directly to my paypal account? I have notifications from paypal that there were $60 in donations, but the chip in page says $30 (and it has been a good hour since the last few donations!)

xcalybur
10-10-2007, 12:27 PM
I put in $40.

LibertyEagle
10-10-2007, 12:28 PM
I used the Chip-in widget. Clear your cache and look at it again. It says $60 for me.

Trassin
10-10-2007, 12:29 PM

Exactly, there are still far to many "average" Americans out there who have no idea who Ron Paul is. The View talking about him will be a huge help with this.

Trassin
10-10-2007, 12:34 PM
It would be great if we raised well over $200 and you were able to send her some giant extravigant boquet that was sure to draw lots of attention from her and her co-hosts.

speciallyblend
10-10-2007, 12:58 PM
QUESTION AUTHORITY GET IN TOUCH WITH BRYAN OK<HE HAS A FAILED CHIPIN FOR LAURA IGRAHAM ,maybe willing to unite it for thisthread maybe

Question_Authority
10-10-2007, 02:14 PM
QUESTION AUTHORITY GET IN TOUCH WITH BRYAN OK<HE HAS A FAILED CHIPIN FOR LAURA IGRAHAM ,maybe willing to unite it for thisthread maybe

I already put that out there.

kylejack
10-10-2007, 02:15 PM

He still had to spend the money. The flowers were still delivered.

Question_Authority
10-10-2007, 02:16 PM
What do you think about an Edible Arrangement instead? There are pros and cons. The good thing is that everyone in the studio will want to come SHARE it and she will tell them where it came from. The downside is that it will be gone pretty quickly. Upside: It is more unique than flowers. Might create more of a stir. OPINIONS PLEASE! http://www.ediblearrangements.com/

kylejack
10-10-2007, 02:17 PM
What do you think about an Edible Arrangement instead? There are pros and cons. The good thing is that everyone in the studio will want to come SHARE it and she will tell them where it came from. The downside is that it will be gone pretty quickly. Upside: It is more unique than flowers. Might create more of a stir. OPINIONS PLEASE! http://www.ediblearrangements.com/

Downside, I wouldn't eat something from strangers.

hopeforamerica
10-10-2007, 02:18 PM

I love those things, and it would be more memorable. Great idea.

hopeforamerica
10-10-2007, 02:18 PM
Downside, I wouldn't eat something from strangers.

It's a very reputable company that delivers these.

kylejack
10-10-2007, 02:20 PM
It's a very reputable company that delivers these.

I personally have never heard of the company, even if reputable.

Trassin
10-10-2007, 04:13 PM
Bump!

Revolution9
10-10-2007, 04:29 PM

Are republicans part of the obesity vote?..heh.. I cannot imagine a conservative turning to that twaddle for amusement during the day. Even retired they would toodle around in thier garage or tomato patch rather than be subjected to a gaggle of geese gibbering incessantly about trivial topics or trivializing important topics. However..if they want to talk about Dr Paul..well that is them and at least 4000 other women who have him on their mind. Women should love this guy. He is the only other man beside their betrothed coming anywhere near that honeypot<runs and ducks for cover>

Best:D
randy

McDermit
10-10-2007, 04:36 PM
$200 for flowers? come onnnnn. this is getting retarded. $50 or $60 is sufficient. Give the rest of that money to the campaign.

LibertyEagle
10-10-2007, 04:37 PM

The delivery was made. Unfortunately, it didn't get to Laura, but the flowers were delivered. The money has been spent. At least that is my understanding.

JenHarris
10-10-2007, 04:45 PM
Chipped in $50. And before any of you money police start yelling at me. I am maxed out to the campaign and so is my husband.

Question_Authority
10-10-2007, 08:09 PM
$200 for flowers? come onnnnn. this is getting retarded. $50 or $60 is sufficient. Give the rest of that money to the campaign.

It won't hurt the campaign if people are each sending in $5 or $10.

She is a CELEBRITY. Have you seen what a $50 bouquet looks like in this day and age? She'll probably blow her nose on it.

I just need $22 more, folks. I will pitch in whatever the tip is and any delivery charge.

Thanks!

RP4ME
10-10-2007, 08:16 PM

She is a CELEBRITY. Have you seen what a $50 bouquet looks like in this day and age? She'll probably blow her nose on it.

I just need $22 more, folks. I will pitch in whatever the tip is and any delivery charge.

Thanks!

Was this sent to Behar - remind her about NY primries re closing!!!! She must register GOP - she needs to tell viewers

Question_Authority
10-10-2007, 08:36 PM
Was this sent to Behar - remind her about NY primries re closing!!!! She must register GOP - she needs to tell viewers

BRILLIANT! Will do!

hard@work
10-10-2007, 08:39 PM
I will ask for photos, etc. to be posted. Whoever did the Laura one, who did you use for a florist? Did everything work out? We should use the same service so they get to know us and are willing to give pics, etc.

We missed Laura's 1st date but had a 2nd opportunity today which we've gone after. Should have a report soon afterwhich Bryan (RPforums admin) and I will be reviewing the results and seeing if we can help make this happen more and more across the nation. You guys doing this already is a very healthy sign that this can be spread from the street level to the media pundits through the grassroots!!

McDermit
10-10-2007, 08:43 PM

Thanks!uh, some of the 50-60 800flowers bouquets are nicer (and bigger) than the crap you'd get elsewhere. And 50 is enough for a dozen from shariesberries, which every chick loves (and she could share with people)

I personally sent 3 of the 10 items to julie banderas... But this is getting out of hand. If we spend 200 on every chick who mentions rp, we will collectively be wasting a lot of money.

TheConstitutionLives
10-10-2007, 08:49 PM
I think you guys are freakin' people out with all the flower stuff. Makes us look desperate.

hard@work
10-10-2007, 09:00 PM
I think you guys are freakin' people out with all the flower stuff. Makes us look desperate.

Desperate is calling to complain or sending vehement emails out of frustration. We're acting on hope. Sorry if you disagree, and fortunately that is a minority viewpoint right now. If we are wrong however we will know soon enough.

Question_Authority
10-10-2007, 09:22 PM
I personally sent 3 of the 10 items to julie banderas... But this is getting out of hand. If we spend 200 on every chick who mentions rp, we will collectively be wasting a lot of money.

We don't need to spend $200 every time, but this is a little different. We want a HUGE impact because she is going on Maher that night! Tucker will be there, etc. It could be a Ron Paul love-fest!

It is strategic timing and this needs to be noticed. SHe is surrounded by luxury daily. $50 will not do it.

Question_Authority
10-10-2007, 09:23 PM
By the way, I researched and her favorite color is RED, so I will go with the $189 version of this one: http://www.citifloral.net/item/tropical-garden

specsaregood
10-10-2007, 09:31 PM
Desperate is calling to complain or sending vehement emails out of frustration. We're acting on hope. Sorry if you disagree, and fortunately that is a minority viewpoint right now. If we are wrong however we will know soon enough.

You attract more bees with flowers than you do with vinegar. :)
I chipped in $10 and was happy to do it.

michaelwise
10-10-2007, 11:09 PM
No flowers for the blond bimbo, just Joy. I hope they can be delivered during todays show on air.

njjack
10-10-2007, 11:21 PM
Question_Authority, were you able to figure out best way to get the flowers to her? That's probably the most challenging part sounds like the other guys had obstacles in the way for Laura.

Trassin
10-11-2007, 05:24 AM
Only $17.00 to go, come on guys.

synthetic
10-11-2007, 05:57 AM
Is there a video of all this praise by Joy Behar? I was told she said his name twice, quickly, while being talked over by that blond girl. From my understanding there was no Ron Paul conversation of any sort, just a very brief mention of his name in passing.

Eric21ND
10-11-2007, 07:06 AM
What vendor are you using?

Proflowers is usually pretty good and their prices and slection are better than FTD, Hallmark, etc.

Question_Authority
10-11-2007, 08:01 AM
Question_Authority, were you able to figure out best way to get the flowers to her? That's probably the most challenging part sounds like the other guys had obstacles in the way for Laura.

As you can imagine, it is very difficult to get through to anyone. But I have the address of the studio. I will try HARD to get them delivered before taping, which is at 11AM.

I am going to be calling the flower place in a few minutes. Just hoping for a few more dollars to be pitched in. I just found out there is 8% sales tax, so that reduces my spending power by about $16.

I am pretty tight on cash this week, so I can't pitch in more than $10 or so myself.

jj111
10-11-2007, 08:03 AM
Why don't you all send her an email thank you as well. It is fast and costs nothing. Does anybody know how to contact her by email?

jj111
10-11-2007, 08:07 AM
Here is contact info for the View.
Why don't you all also send a nice comment here by email?

http://abc.go.com/daytime/theview/ask

kylejack
10-11-2007, 08:15 AM
Is there a video of all this praise by Joy Behar? I was told she said his name twice, quickly, while being talked over by that blond girl. From my understanding there was no Ron Paul conversation of any sort, just a very brief mention of his name in passing.
Keep in mind that this is not the first time. This is either the third or fourth time she has mentioned him, and the first conversation about him was about him directly, and fairly significant. That video is on Youtube, if you haven't seen it.

kylejack
10-11-2007, 08:16 AM

FYI, the political climate in this country throughout my life has me desperate for a different sort of candidate.

LizF
10-11-2007, 08:39 AM
Keep in mind that this is not the first time. This is either the third or fourth time she has mentioned him, and the first conversation about him was about him directly, and fairly significant. That video is on Youtube, if you haven't seen it.

Very true.

Question_Authority
10-11-2007, 12:21 PM
OK, the flowers have been ordered. I didn't have much luck trying to get them to take pics, etc. Thye said they have delivered to ABC before and of course there is no way to get past the reception area. Plus I did not have any funds left to pad it with a huge tip, especially after taxes. This is the bouquet I got...http://citifloral.net/item/tropical-garden

I got the deluxe version + $14 tax + $10 tip.

Let's cross our fingers!

McDermit
10-11-2007, 12:25 PM
/me bites tongue :D

Trassin
10-11-2007, 12:32 PM
OK, the flowers have been ordered. I didn't have much luck trying to get them to take pics, etc. Thye said they have delivered to ABC before and of course there is no way to get past the reception area. Plus I did not have any funds left to pad it with a huge tip, especially after taxes. This is the bouquet I got...http://citifloral.net/item/tropical-garden

I got the deluxe version + $14 tax + $10 tip.

Let's cross our fingers!

Nice. What did you put on the card?

Cindy
10-11-2007, 12:35 PM
Awesome. Just what I would've picked . Exoctics with some Antheriums. That's a very tasteful and classy arrangement that the most discriminating of tastes would admire and appreciate.

Thank you for taking care of this for all of us who chipped in and my thanks to everyone who did. Good call.

Her bringing him up and defending him after the June debate where Rudy said they attacked us because of our freedoms, Alone was more then worth this.

She'll appreciate it.

kylejack
10-11-2007, 12:38 PM
Get it there before taping?

torchbearer
10-11-2007, 01:34 PM
updates?

njjack
10-14-2007, 06:48 AM
ugh, i was expecting pictures and some type of interaction between a Ron paul supporter and the target. that's why I was asking, what was the plan of attack on getting the flowers to her. that the other group had trouble getting flowers to laura, this is going to be true of any celebraty. As far as we know the flowers got intercepted by someone in the company. We have no proof they were actually delivered to the target.

no no no, we should have waited until she did a book signing somewhere or a public event. this will probably be the last time i chipin for flowers for anyone, the $200 could have gone to materials the meetups group could have used.

like some of the things listed on this page:

http://www.ronpaulgraphs.com/chipin.html

speaking of which if anyone could help, NJ is trying to save up for a dvd duplicator and hosting to support advokit. if anyone is maxed out on contributions and would like to help it would be much appreciated by the nj meetups.

Question_Authority
10-14-2007, 07:59 AM
no no no, we should have waited until she did a book signing somewhere or a public event. this will probably be the last time i chipin for flowers for anyone, the $200 could have gone to materials the meetups group could have used.

I see your point and I agree now. Hey, live and learn. The flowers were delivered at 9:15AM to the "messenger center" and signed for by the security guard according to the florist Citifloral. (I could have sworn I posted this on the forum. In fact I know I did. Maybe it was the other Behar thread).

Anyway, I expressed my concern that it ever actually got to her. Who knows? Maybe the guy took-em home to his wife? But ABC was impossible to get through to on the phone other than leaving a voice mail message. I did leave one asking for confirmation that Joy got her flowers. Not holding my breath on a reply.

She never mentioned it on The View nor on Bill Maher that night.

I agree that we should wait for public appearances.

Live and learn.

alicegardener
10-14-2007, 09:27 AM
this will probably be the last time i chipin for flowers for anyone, the $200 could have gone to materials the meetups group could have used.

That quote gave me the idea: why not have somewhere on this forum to go to list projects in need of donations from people who have maxed out or just like a particular unique project? This is not to say everyone shouldn't support their local meetup etc first of all.

hopeforamerica
10-14-2007, 09:53 AM
this will probably be the last time i chipin for flowers for anyone, the $200 could have gone to materials the meetups group could have used.

That quote gave me the idea: why not have somewhere on this forum to go to list projects in need of donations from people who have maxed out or just like a particular unique project? This is not to say everyone shouldn't support their local meetup etc first of all.

hehe, it's been done. Go here:

LibertyEagle
10-14-2007, 10:04 AM
hehe, it's been done. Go here:

Man, I don't think this is a good idea, unless these people have been vetted. At the very least, they should ALL be giving us more information about who they are, not to mention the fact that they should provide information about their Meetup, so they can be checked out.

I would imagine that we will have all kinds of scam artists hitting us up for money. If someone is wanting people to hand over $5000 or more dollars, they should be willing to provide enough information so that we can be sure that the money will be spent for the purpose they espouse.

torchbearer
10-14-2007, 10:09 AM
Man, I don't think this is a good idea, unless these people have been vetted. At the very least, they should ALL be giving us more information about who they are, not to mention the fact that they should provide information about their Meetup, so they can be checked out.

I would imagine that we will have all kinds of scam artists hitting us up for money. If someone is wanting people to hand over $5000 or more dollars, they should be willing to provide enough information so that we can be sure that the money will be spent for the purpose they espouse.

Only trust chipins started by forum members that are established reputable members. Like with flowers for laura, the chipin was started by Bryan, that seemed like a safe chipin.

LibertyEagle
10-14-2007, 10:12 AM
Only trust chipins started by forum members that are established reputable members. Like with flowers for laura, the chipin was started by Bryan, that seemed like a safe chipin.

Agreed. There are a lot more Chip-ins on that web page than people we know though.

njjack
10-14-2007, 01:49 PM
If anyone is feeling generous here are some New Jersey chipins from the RonPaulNewJersey.com site

http://ronpaulnewjersey.com/?page_id=60

Meetup group 605 is the main NJ site most of the NJ organizers are also part of this meetup. Any donation no matter how small $5 is greatly appreciated :)

0zzy
10-14-2007, 01:57 PM
Screw her.

"He's anti-choice right? Ya I'm not voting for him."

hopeforamerica
10-14-2007, 02:04 PM
Screw her.

Don't you just love one issue voters?

Hope
10-14-2007, 02:07 PM
Screw her.

Support doesn't always come in the form of pulling a lever in the voting booth. Name recognition is our best friend right now, and as long as she continues to mention Ron Paul on a show that reaches many more people than any of the news channels, it's a very good thing for us.

Of course, Tucker probably spoiled that. But one can still hope.

njjack
10-14-2007, 02:10 PM
Support doesn't always come in the form of pulling a lever in the voting booth. Name recognition is our best friend right now, and as long as she continues to mention Ron Paul on a show that reaches many more people than any of the news channels, it's a very good thing for us.

Of course, Tucker probably spoiled that. But one can still hope.

yea tucker is an ass, why did he have to go all ego-balistic on the maher show? o well

Salamando
10-14-2007, 02:29 PM
Sending her flowers will leave her with a nice image of him at least, even if she won't vote for him.