PDA

View Full Version : Which Network Treats Ron Paul the Worst?

c0unterph0bia
10-10-2007, 10:10 AM
There has been discussion of a possible Boycott of companies who advertise during shows that unfairly represent Ron Paul. So far I have seen overwhelming support for this idea, and I would like to get an idea of who our first target would be if we went forward with this.

I feel that we should start with one news agency, then work our way down the list of sponsors. We could obviously then work our way down the list of media agencies.

Below are the available poll options, and a list of some shows that can be seen on each.

ABC News
- Nightline
- 20/20

CBS News
- CBS Evening News
- The Early Show
- 60 Minutes II
- 48 Hours
- Face The Nation

CNN

Fox News Channel
- Special Report with Brit Hume
- FOX Report with Shepard Smith
- The O'Reilly Factor
- Hannity & Colmes
- On the Record with Greta

NBC
- NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams
- NBC News Today
- Dateline NBC

MSNBC
- Hardball with Chris Matthews
- MSNBC Reports with Joe Scarborough

PBS
- The NewsHour with Jim Lehrer

After completing this poll, continue to the following post:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=24106

Johnnybags
10-10-2007, 10:15 AM
There has been discussion of a possible Boycott of companies who advertise during shows that unfairly represent Ron Paul. So far I have seen overwhelming support for this idea, and I would like to get an idea of who our first target would be if we went forward with this.

I feel that we should start with one news agency, then work our way down the list of sponsors. We could obviously then work our way down the list of media agencies.

Below are the available poll options, and a list of some shows that can be seen on each.

ABC News
- Nightline
- 20/20

CBS News
- CBS Evening News
- The Early Show
- 60 Minutes II
- 48 Hours
- Face The Nation

CNN

Fox News Channel
- The O'Reilly Factor
- Hannity & Colmes

NBC
- NBC News Today
- Dateline NBC

MSNBC

PBS

He is one of the worst. Truther,truther,truther.

Johnnybags
10-10-2007, 10:32 AM
maybe once id'd we can target the most offnsive show in a poll. I already can guess where this is going but I will not try to sway opinion.lol.

Brock Landers
10-10-2007, 10:40 AM
I put CNBC because of the debate, and because in all my watching of CNBC they never mention RP when talking about candidates. If he isn't seen as strong on economic issues, that can be partly attributed to CNBC imo.

But let me tell you, this was the hardest poll yet. It's hard to quantify and compare the various types of bias used against Ron Paul.

paulitics
10-10-2007, 10:42 AM
I put CNBC because of the debate, and because in all my watching of CNBC they never mention RP when talking about candidates. If he isn't seen as strong on economic issues, that can be partly attributed to CNBC imo.

But let me tell you, this was the hardest poll yet. It's hard to quantify and compare the various types of bias used against Ron Paul.

Until the wolf interview, I would have ranked them as bad as fox, because of complete blackout.

saku39
10-10-2007, 11:03 AM
I think only PBS has been fair.

They all get their shots in. But Fox is by far the worst.

terlinguatx
10-10-2007, 11:05 AM

dude58677
10-10-2007, 11:49 AM
NO network treats him fairly, but Fox and CNBC are definitely the worst. While MSNBC and ABC are the "best".

ABC? What about George Steph.?

"That's not going to happen".

Syren123
10-10-2007, 11:50 AM
ABC? What about George Steph.?

"That's not going to happen".

He's gonna EAT those words and I'm going to love watching him choke them down.

Spirit of '76
10-10-2007, 11:54 AM
Worst = Fox
Best = MSNBC (though it could be better)

Everyone else is somewhere in between.

c0unterph0bia
10-10-2007, 12:49 PM
After completing the poll please continue to:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=24106

michaelwise
10-10-2007, 12:57 PM

ABC News
- Nightline
- 20/20

CBS News
- CBS Evening News
- The Early Show
- 60 Minutes II
- 48 Hours
- Face The Nation

CNN

Fox News Channel
- The O'Reilly Factor
- Hannity & Colmes

NBC
- NBC News Today
- Dateline NBC

MSNBC

PBS

After completing this poll, continue to the following post:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=24106How about going right for the juggler. Boycott Wall Street! Re-allocate all 401k assets into precious metals funds, foreign currency, and bond funds. Don't own stock funds. Put your money where your mouth is.

Brock Landers
10-10-2007, 01:12 PM
How about going right for the juggler. Boycott Wall Street! Re-allocate all 401k assets into precious metals funds, foreign currency, and bond funds. Don't own stock funds. Put your money where your mouth is.

Bond funds? I don't think Wallstreet will be too bent out of shape over your investing in bond funds. You'll be helping to keep their cost of capital low by agreeing to be paid a rate that is just barely above the 'stated' inflation rate, much less the ACTUAL inflation rate. :eek: And I'm sure Wallstreet is still eager to sell the nasty subprime-filled CDO's to willing buyers. Furthermore, you might just be helping China unload some of the trillions in treasuries at a more reasonable price.

Also, if you believe that interest rates are manipulated to be lower than the market would price them naturally, then that implies that bonds are OVERvalued. I like the precious metals and foreign stocks ideas more (I generally prefer the former).