PDA

View Full Version : Cost of Freedom At All-Time High (parody)

OceanMachine7
10-10-2007, 10:08 AM
http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/cost_of_freedom_at_all_time

nullvalu
10-10-2007, 10:16 AM
You know what's sad, is that I got one of those forwarded emails yesterday from a cousin..

In it, it showed a picture of an old war vet hugging his son, an iraq war vet who had been severely injured in Iraq.. In the email it said "Pass this on so that all may know the price of freedom"

After reading this I was so enraged that someone would think a wouned soldier is a just "price of freedom" when we shouldn't be fighting this war to begin with.. I replied to the forward, including everyone who had ever received it (probably 200-300), many of them are my extended family..

Here's what I wrote:

Unfortunely too many confuse patriotism with blind acceptance of war as a "price of freedom".

Too many also accepted the "Patriot Act" as a "price of freedom", but if people understood how it violates our individual liberties I think it would be repealed overnight.

The truth of the matter is, this war has been planned for years by a small group of people known as the "neo-conservatives". They are former liberals and communists who have stolen the Republican party and the "conservative" label.

In truth, conservatives have been traditionally anti-war and have endorsed a humble foreign policy.

In truth, Iraq had absolutely nothing to do with 9/11.

We should be going after Osama, instead it seems like we're gearing up for war with Iran.

In truth, a lot of the hatred in the middle-east has been caused by "Blowback".. Look up the term if you're interested in what's really been going on..

While most don't want to admit it, our aggressive foreign policy has been to the benefit of only one country, Israel - not the United States.

This war has cost nearly $500 billion. Does anyone know where that money comes from? 2 places. 1) We've borrowed it from China. and 2) We "borrow" it from the Federal Reserve.

Borrowing money from the Federal Reserve is a direct cause of inflation. This devalues our dollar in global markets which is partly why the price of oil has been going up. This is also not going to help our current housing market slump.

Well, if anyone's interested in what's really going on.. Watch this video, it's a good place to start..

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-542082512417844949

It explains how money works. Boring subject? Trust me, it's not..

Want to do people a real favor? Forward THIS message, and have everyone you know watch that video.

Noone has replied yet.. I'll be interested to see if anyone does.