PDA

View Full Version : Less than 1/4 of the 4 Mil Goal has been met 1/3 into the month...???!!!

mconder
10-10-2007, 10:05 AM
Is anyone concerned about this? We raised $500K and 3 days last month. In October it's taken 10 days to do the same.

Someone should graph the growth curve of the Meetup groups. I have a suspect that we are on the downswing. Has Ron Paul reached a saturation point in his appeal with mainstream voters?

stones88
10-10-2007, 10:06 AM
Maybe if the campaign allowed Ron to agree to more interviews then he'd get more exposure and we'd have more donations. They may have just set the fundraising bar too high though.

ronpaulitician
10-10-2007, 10:08 AM
The bar was set too high, I think, for this first month.

Paired with the disappointing latest Gallup poll, I doubt that we'll reach the $4 million mark. However, I do think we'll get to the $2 million mark.

kylejack
10-10-2007, 10:09 AM
Is anyone concerned about this? We raised $500K and 3 days last month. In October it's taken 10 days to do the same.

Someone should graph the growth curve of the Meetup groups. I have a suspect that we are on the downswing. Has Ron Paul reached a saturation point in his appeal with mainstream voters?

I think we're just starting to pop, actually. The cash gives us a lot more mainstream legitimacy, and we're seeing some pretty in-depth articles and coverage.

CodeMonkey
10-10-2007, 10:10 AM
I think people are still kinda tapped out from the last week of the 3rd quarter. As bank accounts start to replenish and we attract new supporters, I think we will see it curve upward. I doubt we will make 4 million for October but I do expect to see 12 million by year's end.

Ron Paul Fan
10-10-2007, 10:10 AM
Here we go again. I already shot down one of these threads today. The fundraising will grow as we get more towards the end of the month. Will we hit the $4 million? That remains to be seen. But we'll get there a lot faster if we keep spreading the word instead of making threads about how we won't make it. Donate and spread the word. Donate and spread the word. Dr. Paul is doing his best and how do you know they aren't letting him do more interviews? Donate and spread the word.

mconder
10-10-2007, 10:12 AM
I think we're just starting to pop, actually.

I could go one of two ways. I haven't done the math, but the Meetup growth curve appears to be slowing way down. I hope that isn't any indication of the growth in actual primary voters.

constituent
10-10-2007, 10:13 AM
i think the suggestion is worthy of ridicule.

expect a slow pace at the beginning and a boom toward the end.

quit worry warting, if you're worried... give. if you're maxed out,
look into SHOP FREEDOM and work with me to help get it off the ground...

mconder.

kylejack
10-10-2007, 10:14 AM
I think we're just starting to pop, actually.

I could go one of two ways. I haven't done the math, but the Meetup growth curve appears to be slowing way down. I hope that isn't any indication of the growth in actual primary voters.

That may mean we've capped on the internet, but we're seeking mainstream real-world legitimacy, and we're just starting to get it. Besides, that is a ton of Meetup members. Remember, those are just the activists, not the supporters.

wgadget
10-10-2007, 10:15 AM
Here, read this:

Last week, the Ron Paul for President Campaign (RPPC) announced it raised more than $5 million in the third quarter ending September 30, more than double what it raised in the second quarter. The Paul campaign also announced it has $5 million cash on hand.

The RPPC set the fundraising bar to $12 million for the fourth quarter, and has a counter on its website to monitor the pace of the fundraising campaign. By setting a goal more than double the torrid third quarter pace, is the RPPC campaign setting itself up for a great disappointment? Or, is the $12 million goal a low-ball figure that will be easily exceeded?

If the average Paul for President contribution is $40, then more than 100,000 individuals contributed during the third quarter. In other words, “small” contributors are the backbone of the RPPC, and they usually make several contributions during the course of a campaign. Thus, if virtually all current contributors make additional contributions during each month until the end of the year, then the campaign will raise at least $15 million.

Moreover, this extrapolation does not include new contributors to the campaign. If another 100,000 contributors make their first contribution averaging $40 to the RPPC during the fourth quarter, then another $4 million will be raised, potentially bringing the fourth quarter total to $19-$20 million.

But wait, there is more. There must be at least 100,000 American who have not yet contributed to the RPPC campaign across the political spectrum who want to end the Iraq War ASAP, pay fewer taxes to fund the welfare-warfare state and can contribute at least $100 to the campaign. That means there could be another $10 million waiting to be tapped by the RPPC.

There is even more. What if there are at least 10,000 Americans who could contribute $1,000 to the campaign for the first time. Another $10,000,000 would be raised. And if another 1,000 individuals contribute the maximum allowed by law, $2.3 million would be raised.

In short, there is potentially $42.3 million that could be contributed to the RPPC by December 31.

Given the grassroots success so far of the Paul for President Campaign, if 500,000 Americans make an average contribution of $40-$80 between October 1 and December 31, they would contribute between $20 million to $40 million to the RPPC.

If the RPCC raises anywhere these amounts in the fourth quarter and then wins or comes in second or third in the early caucuses and primaries, then Rep. Paul will have the momentum going into Super Tuesday. In a crowded field of pro-war Republicans who sound like Ron Paul on some domestic issues, the ten term congressman from Texas is shining like a beacon of hope for a free America

By winning the GOP nomination, Rep. Paul would be the anti-war, pro-liberty candidate in the race against Hilary Clinton, unless she stumbles so badly that one of her opponents gets traction to mount a huge upset.

In the general election, the American people would learn from Dr. Paul what the Founders fought for in 1776 and how we must return to our philosophical and constitutional roots if we are to survive as a free country. The freedom philosophy would be intoxicating, and Hillary would be sound like an old time leftist extolling the virtues of big government and “shared prosperity.”

In the meantime, Ron Paul’s message of limited government and a noninterventionist foreign policy is resonating in big cities, suburbs and rural towns across America. The next few months will reveal if the Second American Revolution is alive and well or if Ron Paul’s “impossible dream” presidential campaign ends in disappointment.

Views expressed are solely those of the author.

ronpaulhawaii
10-10-2007, 10:17 AM
I've run out of time to continue the MySpace push. Doesn't Fez still have thousands of urls that could use reminding of this battle for our future? Is the push still going on? How many people joined us in that effort? Did you? If not, why not? My inbox was filled with people thanking me for the reminder. The effort worked. There is very few good reasons for not resurrecting and joining that effort. Enough excuses already!!! This is WAR!!!!

OptionsTrader
10-10-2007, 10:19 AM
Less than 1/4 of the 4 Mil Goal has been met 1/3 into the month...???!!!

Rather than complaining about it and populating a negative thread, donate some cash and hand out campaign documents to your neighborhood.

Amazingly more productive than venting.

Zydeco
10-10-2007, 10:20 AM
Here we go again. I already shot down one of these threads today. The fundraising will grow as we get more towards the end of the month. Will we hit the $4 million? That remains to be seen. But we'll get there a lot faster if we keep spreading the word instead of making threads about how we won't make it.

Hear, hear!

Primbs
10-10-2007, 10:22 AM
Every gun owner should give to Ron Paul. If we can get military members to donate 10 dollars a piece we would do well.

paulitics
10-10-2007, 10:24 AM
the last week of the month will be over 1 million. We may not make 4, but we will probably make 3, which will still be a record month. I think december will be more than 4 million.

Delivered4000
10-10-2007, 10:32 AM
His main obstacle remains name recognition.

margomaps
10-10-2007, 10:40 AM

I can understand your disappointment at the rate of donations thusfar in October. I think this is an inevitable result of the campaign setting the goal just a little too high to start with. Please remember, though, that at our current rate of donations, we will still exceed Q3 numbers. In Q3 the campaign raised somewhere around $3.5 million online -- the rest came from mailed-in donations and live fundraisers. Our current pace puts us at close to $5 million in online donations alone this quarter. We're doing great, and I think the pace of donations will increase as the end of each month approaches, and the end of the quarter approaches.

Speaking of the pace of donations, please take a look at: http://splat.chowda.net/fundraiser/. In particular, pay attention to the "Total Raised Today vs. Yesterday" graph. At the moment, today's donations are already near what we got yesterday, which in and of itself was a good day. We might double yesterday's total by midnight tonight. I think this is in large part due to the debate yesterday, and the associated buzz afterward, as well as the fact that the campaign sent out another e-mail today.

Please don't be discouraged. Ron's raising a lot of money -- likely a lot more than he's raised in the past. He's all over the media. He's rising in some key polls, and he continues to dominate the internet as well as straw polls on the ground. Keep giving, and don't let perfect be the enemy of good; whether or not we meet the campaign's artificial goal of $12 million, we're getting the message of freedom out there, and Ron is becoming known by more and more people.

Now you asked whether Ron has reached the saturation point with mainstream voters. No way! He may be approaching the saturation point with dedicated activists (meetup groups as an example). It is now the job of the dedicated acitivists to get his name and his message out there in a positive light. The problem is not mainstream saturation -- the problem is lack of mainstream name recognition. I think something like 70% of the people still haven't heard Ron's name before, not to mention his message! That will change with increased media exposure, either by natural consequence of Ron's improving performance in national polls, or by the tireless activists who are working so hard to get his name out there. We have volunteers scrimping together thousands of dollars to put Ron Paul ads in newspapers, TV, radio, etc. The other candidates do not have this, even if some have more fundraising cash.

American
10-10-2007, 10:42 AM
I just dont have the money to donate anymore, but I have stepped up my flier/slim hand outs, and meet and greet new people. Name recognition is still paramount.

me3
10-10-2007, 10:47 AM
I've noticed the official campaign website has slowed down. I have been waiting for the next round of Web 2.0 marketing, but it's not coming. I think Justine needs to remember that interactivity is the key. These flash donation banners don't drive growth, only fund raising.

CasualApathy
10-10-2007, 11:02 AM
Today is indeed looking like a 100k+ day!

However, I am even more optimistic about the rally's we have seen recently. They are getting closer and closer to reaching critical mass, where you really can't ignore his support any longer. The MSM are fast running out of excuses.

Johncjackson
10-10-2007, 11:11 AM
It seems to have picked up some, actually. a few days ago the average was right about $50,000 a day or slightly under, projected to about $4.6 over the quarter.

Now it looks like over $525,000 slightly less than 10 days in. Might hit an average rate of over $55,000 per day sometime tonight.

Hopefully, this is the base level and when certain events and media happen it will spike.

kylejack
10-10-2007, 11:11 AM
Yesterday we raised $65,428.70. We out-raise that today at $531,663.40. GO GO GO GO