PDA

View Full Version : I've Been Robbed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

granny miller
10-10-2007, 09:57 AM
I've just come back from town & my RON PAUL yard sign is missing!!! :mad:

It has been leaning against the post in my front yard since late May.

It is the storm door for my basement .
It was the biggest piece of plywood I could find to make a homemade yard sign after the South Carolina debate.

I need it and if I don't get it back......somebody is going to have to make me a new storm door.

My cats need it too.
That little cut out square is the "cat door" so the cats can come & go freely into the basement to kill mice.

It is a work of original folk art & one the very first homemade RON PAUL yard signs in this county...well at least in western Pennsylvania.

I'm going back to town to have pictures made so I can give them to the Pennsylvania State Police when I file my complaint.

I'm calling the newspapers & TV too.

This is WAR!!!!!!!!!!!
Yard Sign fixed up for THE RON PAUL REST STOP

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a375/veme/ronpaulsign.jpg

Yard sign before:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a375/veme/Ronpaul003.jpg

uncloned21
10-10-2007, 09:58 AM
I've been robbed too!!

$4,000 stolen from my paychecks YTD!

Enough is enough!

Question_Authority
10-10-2007, 09:59 AM
I've been robbed too!!

$4,000 stolen from my paychecks YTD!

Enough is enough!

LOL

Don't steal! The government hates competition!

My yard signs are stolen on a regular basis. Just the regular signs though. But you had such a special sign! BUMMER!

CodeMonkey
10-10-2007, 10:01 AM
I'll make you a new storm door, if you pay for materials and shipping from Alabama to Pennsylvania ;)

OptionsTrader
10-10-2007, 10:02 AM
It is sad that someone stole the sign/door, but me thinks the newspapers & TV will not care about it.

allyinoh
10-10-2007, 10:03 AM
This is a serious question...

Could you attach electricity to a sign? So if someone tries to grab the metal post to pull it out they would get shocked?

Whether people believe it or not, those signs are property and people go onto your property to steal your property, it is a crime.

CodeMonkey
10-10-2007, 10:05 AM

Could you attach electricity to a sign? So if someone tries to grab the metal post to pull it out they would get shocked?

Whether people believe it or not, those signs are property and people go onto your property to steal your property, it is a crime.

Technically yeah, but all in all more trouble than it's worth...

constituent
10-10-2007, 10:06 AM

it might become the biggest buglight the world has ever seen.

imagine the press.

10thAmendmentMan
10-10-2007, 10:06 AM

You could, but you would get sued and you'd lose. If this weren't true, I'd have fun laying all sorts of traps all over my house. :p

lucius
10-10-2007, 10:07 AM

I am no lawyer, but I suspect that OH has statutes against man-traps.

ps. my sign gets stolen once a week, I kid myself and think they have a greater need than I and just put another one out, a got a bunch.

specsaregood
10-10-2007, 10:08 AM

People have been arrested and convicted I believe for setting up booby traps such as that. Although I'm sure it varies by state.

constituent
10-10-2007, 10:09 AM

Yes, but enormously petty. I assure you that if someone is small enough to get
a laugh out of stealing your sign/work/art, those people have more than
enough problems in their world... in other words, they've got it comin back.

Ninja Homer
10-10-2007, 10:42 AM
Mount one of those fake security cameras (or a real one if you want, they've gotten pretty cheap) somewhere pointed at the sign. Add a little sign under the lawn sign that says, "Smile! You're on camera!"

McDermit
10-10-2007, 10:52 AM
It is sad that someone stole the sign/door, but me thinks the newspapers & TV will not care about it.
Oh yes they will! In rural PA, stories like this make news.

I'm on the other side of the state... but when swimming pools are stolen out of yard, or when reently a little boy's halloween decoration (a 6' blow up sponge bob) was stolen from his front yard, it made ALL the local news.

Definitely call your news stations and papers! I wish you the best in finding your door/sign.

EvilEngineer
10-10-2007, 10:52 AM
Technically yeah, but all in all more trouble than it's worth...

A fried thief? I think it would be worth it... might get some manslaughter charges filed against you. But you could always argue here in Texas that they were a thief on your property... which here thankfully can mean the owner enforced death penalty :D

OptionsTrader
10-10-2007, 10:55 AM
Oh yes they will! In rural PA, stories like this make news.

I'm on the other side of the state... but when swimming pools are stolen out of yard, or when reently a little boy's halloween decoration (a 6' blow up sponge bob) was stolen from his front yard, it made ALL the local news.

Definitely call your news stations and papers! I wish you the best in finding your door/sign.

HA! Well maybe I should move to rural PA if this kind of crime activity is newsworthy. Sounds like a phenominal place to live!

granny miller
10-10-2007, 11:10 AM
HA! Well maybe I should move to rural PA if this kind of crime activity is newsworthy. Sounds like a phenominal place to live!

It is:)

I'm thinking this has something to do with Fred Thompson or that scum sucker Rudy G.

It will make the news.
I'm going to make sure it does:D

RP08
10-10-2007, 11:20 AM
In the run-up to 2004 my next-door neighbor had his yard sign stollen several times. Eventually he gave up and put a big sign up that said "You can steal our signs, but you can't steal our votes! <candidate's name here>"

I thought it was quite witty.

That one got stollen too :(

WASH DC
10-10-2007, 11:32 AM
I live in the District of Columbia and have had RP signs up in my front and back yards for 2 months (each facing well traveled streets) and they have not been damaged, defaced, or removed.

saku39
10-10-2007, 11:33 AM
In the run-up to 2004 my next-door neighbor had his yard sign stollen several times. Eventually he gave up and put a big sign up that said "You can steal our signs, but you can't steal our votes! <candidate's name here>"

I thought it was quite witty.

That one got stollen too :(

That's really cool.