PDA

View Full Version : Why do some support Michele Bachman?

Brett
04-17-2010, 03:16 PM
A lot of people on another forum always mention her, and I always think it's weird because I was always under the impression that she was a Ron Paul-type of Republican.

According to open congress (http://www.opencongress.org/people/show/412216_Michele_Bachmann) the GOP member she votes with the least is Ron Paul.

Am I just mistaken in thinking Pro-RP people also support her? or are there other reasons I'm missing.

Immortal Technique
04-17-2010, 03:26 PM
she is the same as Palin if you ask me
Just a neo con retrofit

JohnEngland
04-17-2010, 03:56 PM
A lot of people on another forum always mention her, and I always think it's weird because I was always under the impression that she was a Ron Paul-type of Republican.

According to open congress (http://www.opencongress.org/people/show/412216_Michele_Bachmann) the GOP member she votes with the least is Ron Paul.

Am I just mistaken in thinking Pro-RP people also support her? or are there other reasons I'm missing.

I think you'll find that the GOP member almost all Republicans vote with least is Ron Paul.

But Bachmann likes Ron. She attends his weekly Liberty sessions and was begging him for months to come to Minnesota and do an event with her.

And she did vote against the TARP, bailouts, the stimulus etc., unlike many other Republicans.

She's not bad. Obviously not a Ron Paul, but better than most in Washington.

Slutter McGee
04-17-2010, 03:58 PM
She is not a neo-con. She is a genuine fiscal conservative who has been deluded into supporting neo-connish foreign policy.

I have been saying that that the Tea-Party needs to stick to issues of government spending and debt. If they don't bring their theocratic ideas into the mix, we won't bring our anti-war views into the mix. (Yes I do realize that military spending is also a fiscal issues)

Basically I am saying that insofar as the tea-party movement supports limited government, with her attatched to that, then she is a temporary ally to accomplish those goals.

But because of her more traditional conservative views on forcing morality on others, and her neo-con views of interventionism she will not make a long term ally in the goal for increased liberty.

Everybody here is terrified of temporary alliances with the right. (Selling out principles) But when Ron Paul mentions a temporary alliance with the anti-war left, they hoot and rave. This does not mean you accept ALL the views of another group. Simply that you come together in support of a few important issues. And in that regard I think she is a good thing.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

silentshout
04-17-2010, 04:23 PM
Just a neo con retrofit

Agreed.

TroySmith
04-17-2010, 04:36 PM
She is a fiscal conservative who is Pro-Israel interventionism. It's someone who the liberty movement can at least work with on several issues.

tangent4ronpaul
04-17-2010, 04:37 PM
She's very popular, a leader and has done tons to push back against things like the HC bill.

Rather than rejecting anyone who we have a few differences with, but who is primarily a friend, better to bring her to our side and work on changing her views on those items we disagree with over time.

-t

Ninja Homer
04-17-2010, 04:44 PM
She's with Ron Paul with almost everything except for foreign policy. She's helped Ron out a lot on finance bills such as audit the fed. Hopefully she'll eventually move over to Ron Paul's views on foreign policy.

parocks
04-17-2010, 04:51 PM
More good analysis.

She is not a neo-con. She is a genuine fiscal conservative who has been deluded into supporting neo-connish foreign policy.

I have been saying that that the Tea-Party needs to stick to issues of government spending and debt. If they don't bring their theocratic ideas into the mix, we won't bring our anti-war views into the mix. (Yes I do realize that military spending is also a fiscal issues)

Basically I am saying that insofar as the tea-party movement supports limited government, with her attatched to that, then she is a temporary ally to accomplish those goals.

But because of her more traditional conservative views on forcing morality on others, and her neo-con views of interventionism she will not make a long term ally in the goal for increased liberty.

Everybody here is terrified of temporary alliances with the right. (Selling out principles) But when Ron Paul mentions a temporary alliance with the anti-war left, they hoot and rave. This does not mean you accept ALL the views of another group. Simply that you come together in support of a few important issues. And in that regard I think she is a good thing.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Daamien
04-17-2010, 05:17 PM
She is a fiscal conservative who is Pro-Israel interventionism. It's someone who the liberty movement can at least work with on several issues.

We can work with her, just let's make sure not to reelect her.

SovereignMN
04-17-2010, 05:42 PM
She's with Ron Paul with almost everything except for foreign policy. She's helped Ron out a lot on finance bills such as audit the fed. Hopefully she'll eventually move over to Ron Paul's views on foreign policy.

This.

Cowlesy
04-17-2010, 05:59 PM

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

strong post

charrob
04-17-2010, 05:59 PM
Why do some support Michele Bachman?

don't know: she's a big government neocon.

Depressed Liberator
04-17-2010, 06:05 PM
She is a huge social conservative and very pro-Israel. Not to mention very polarizing.

ctiger2
04-17-2010, 06:25 PM
I'm in her district and I will not vote for her. From what I read and hear, she says things solely to get elected. She has 0 integrity. I voted independent in the last election and I'll either vote independent again OR vote for the D just to get her out. It's only 2 years and I want them to feel the churn. I hope there's tons of Republicans and Democrats that get voted out this coming fall. I'd like to see 95% turnover.

specsaregood
04-17-2010, 07:53 PM

Ron Paul supports her. This was his endorsement email last election cycle.

When it comes to fiscal issues, Congresswoman Michelle Bachman is a strong ally in Washington. She recently stood up with me and voted against the massive Wall Street Bailout, a politically difficult, principled stand for which she should be commended.

Michelle also serves with me on the House Financial Services Committee where she is a consistent ally in our efforts to shine light on the Federal Reserve. Her recent Op-Ed in the Washington Times demonstrates her leadership on the Monetary Issue.

As you may have heard, Congresswoman Bachman has recently come under attack by the liberal media. Her opponent has capitalized and raised some big money in a short period of time. There is even talk of a write-in candidate with no chance of winning that would only syphon votes away from Michelle.

At this time when big government forces are grabbing more and more power, we can not afford to lose a fiscally principled Representative like Michelle Bachman in the Congress. Please join me in supporting Michelle in any way you feel comfortable and, most importantly, please make sure you get the polls and vote for her on November 4th.

Anybody that stands with Dr. Paul against the Federal Reserve is an ally.

james1906
04-17-2010, 08:29 PM
Laura Ingraham had Bachmann on her show the day after CPAC and asked her about Ron Paul. She said something along the lines of it being better to have someone you agree with most of the time in office.

sofia
04-17-2010, 08:44 PM
she is a war mongering , attention seeking Israeli whore

tangent4ronpaul
04-17-2010, 09:10 PM
she is a war mongering , attention seeking Israeli whore

This is why we will loose....

We need to support our friends.

-t

Depressed Liberator
04-17-2010, 09:24 PM

-t

She's not a friend. Do not delude yourself.

sofia
04-17-2010, 09:37 PM

-t

Bachman is our "friend" like Glen Beck is our friend.....u just wait and see until the 2012 GOP primaries come......none of these assholes will lift a finger to help us

Don't Tread on Mike
04-17-2010, 10:01 PM
she seems very.....empty headed.........

Stary Hickory
04-18-2010, 08:20 AM
I think you'll find that the GOP member almost all Republicans vote with least is Ron Paul.

But Bachmann likes Ron. She attends his weekly Liberty sessions and was begging him for months to come to Minnesota and do an event with her.

And she did vote against the TARP, bailouts, the stimulus etc., unlike many other Republicans.

She's not bad. Obviously not a Ron Paul, but better than most in Washington.

Yep, exactly if Ron Paul has any allies at all Bachman would have to be one. There is no one else like Ron Paul in government at all.....

speciallyblend
04-18-2010, 08:36 AM
Just a neo con retrofit

yeah your spot on. she is no friend to liberty!! palin/beck/bachman are what i call dingleberries.

cpike
04-18-2010, 08:43 AM
Bachmann has lots of issues, that being said, she's still light-years better than Palin. Paul and her are friendly, as well as Woods. I'll trust the people in our movement who know her personally. That being said she does have a lot of growing/learning to do, and she's done a lot of great work like others mentioned w/ Paul on the Fed and Monetary policy. ctiger2 I hope you just do a write in then, because she's the best running, the dem's would be giant steps back from Bachmann. I'm not one for lesser of two evils, but unlike most lessers, I do think Bachmann does more good than bad.

Epic
04-18-2010, 08:47 AM
http://washingtonindependent.com/41786/ron-pauls-economic-theories-winning-gop-converts

klamath
04-18-2010, 09:10 AM
Bachmann is two or three steps ahead of Schiff. I support Schiff so I guess I had better support Bachmann.

Inflation
04-20-2010, 02:29 PM
She attends his lunch seminars on economics and liberty.

Bachmann is Dr Paul's star pupil. And Sarah Palin listens to her.....

http://www.pynkcelebrity.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/charlies-angels_l.jpg

Just think of Dr Paul as Charlie, with Michele and Sarah starring as Charlie's Angels.

http://www.yaliberty.org/sites/default/files/imagecache/fullsize/images/Jeff_Frazee/sth-email_2.jpg

The Bachmann bashers around here would feel right at home ranting on DU, Kos, HuffPo, LGF, or any other nasty leftist sewer. They hate her with a special kind of fear-tinged passion.

YouTube - Ron Paul / Michele Bachmann Student Town Hall @ UofMN - Sponsored by YAL - 1 of 9 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOjXUp0MCJU)