PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Mentioned on the View AGAIN!

orenbus
10-10-2007, 09:31 AM
My sister just told me, Joy Bayheart mentioned Ron Paul was good in the Debate last night. Some other lady said "I don't even know who Ron Paul is" and they discussed briefly.

Again I think we need to tap this market and send flowers to Joy before Friday, she's going to be on Bill Maher's show?

Trassin
10-10-2007, 09:33 AM
Again I think we need to tap this market and send flowers to Joy before Friday, she's going to be on Bill Maher's show?

I would at least say we should all send her an e-mail thanking her for mentioning him and asking her to mention him again on Maher's show. If she mentions him there then it will probably get brought up again on Monday's view.

Do we have an e-mail address for her specifically?

Ron Paul Fan
10-10-2007, 09:37 AM
Tucker will be there too!!!!!! Ron Paul should get some more good press in the media! Maher said today on Morning Joe that Paul was the only sane one running for the GOP nomination. Who said they didn't know who Ron Paul was? Rosie, Star Jones, or that blond bimbo?

Bradley in DC
10-10-2007, 09:48 AM
We need her to organize a big money fundraiser. :D

Trassin
10-10-2007, 09:49 AM
Ummm...I don't think Rosie and Star are on the show anymore, are they? In the othe clip where they mention RP on the show Rosie knows who he is anyways.

ItsTime
10-10-2007, 09:50 AM
Bingo

We need her to organize a big money fundraiser. :D

Bradley in DC
10-10-2007, 09:51 AM
Yeah, she can donate too. At this point, the next quarter filing deadline reporting would put us AFTER the primaries start. ;)

Question_Authority
10-10-2007, 09:57 AM
My sister just told me, Joy Bayheart mentioned Ron Paul was good in the Debate last night. Some other lady said "I don't even know who Ron Paul is" and they discussed briefly.

I'll organize this. Flowers for Behar. Let's do it!

http://www.chipin.com/mypages/edit/id/236f94d60a524687

kylejack
10-10-2007, 09:58 AM

That's a bad link. Find the publicly accessable one.

Bradley in DC
10-10-2007, 10:00 AM

You rock! (oh, and add something about the fundraiser on the note ;) )

orenbus
10-10-2007, 10:02 AM
Star's replacement Sherri Sheperd said she didn't know who Ron Paul was. They were saying it's because they didn't have the candidates names at the bottom of the screen, when they were talking in the debates. So someone who is watching for the first time wouldn't know which one is who if they tuned in late.

jj111
10-10-2007, 10:07 AM
Star's replacement Sherri Sheperd said she didn't know who Ron Paul was. They were saying it's because they didn't have the candidates names at the bottom of the screen, when they were talking in the debates. So someone who is watching for the first time wouldn't know which one is who if they tuned in late.

I think the networks don't put the names of the candidates on screen enough. This keeps people from learning who the people are that they haven't heard of before. The networks do not do enough to help the viewers know who the candidates are who are talking. Whether this is purposeful on the part of the networks/producers or not, I don't know. But I am sure there are millions who watch the debates, and at the end of the debate, they still do not know who Ron Paul is.

Question_Authority
10-10-2007, 10:23 AM
That's a bad link. Find the publicly accessable one.

WOOPS sorry...

http://grannies.chipin.com/sending-flowers-to-joy-behar

njjack
10-10-2007, 10:38 AM
I chipped in $10, tell her we want a fundraiser or
at the very least she has to continue mentioning his name

Trassin
10-10-2007, 10:42 AM
Donated! Come on people, a small donation here could lead to a huge amount of free media and even larger donations to the main campaign.

Your contribution to Sending Flowers to Joy Behar has been processed via PayPal:

ChipIn Event Title: Sending Flowers to Joy Behar
ChipIn Event Organizer: (deleted)
Transaction ID: c0619416cb0d0ec1
Contribution Amount: $5.00
Contribution Date: October 10, 2007 4:37 PM GMT

I would just put "Thank you for supporting Ron Paul on your show. Please continue to speak out about this great American Patriot." or something like that on the card.

margomaps
10-10-2007, 10:56 AM
I need to find the link around here somewhere, but I think one of our homegrown TV commercials is/was supposed to air on The View this week in NH. That would be an awesome double-whammy -- the hosts dropping Paul's name, and then a commercial to reinforce it to the viewers.

jj111
10-10-2007, 11:00 AM
What's her email address to thank her?

Trassin
10-10-2007, 12:42 PM
Bump!

Anyone know her e-mail?

DJ RP
10-10-2007, 01:27 PM
I don't know why you guys need to "chip in" to send flowers. If you're gonna chip in $10 you could probably get some flowers delivered personally yourself. Just go to a local flower retailer in her area and get it done. It's going to seem better if it comes from one real person thanking her (or lots of seperate people) rather than a big group buy from one message board which seems more creepy.

kylejack
10-10-2007, 01:28 PM
I don't know why you guys need to "chip in" to send flowers. If you're gonna chip in $10 you could probably get some flowers delivered personally yourself. Just go to a local flower retailer in her area and get it done. It's going to seem better if it comes from one real person thanking her (or lots of seperate people) rather than a big group buy from one message board which seems more creepy.

Trassin
10-10-2007, 01:34 PM

I personally don't have enough extra cash between donations and all my local projects to send her one nice enough to get any real attention on my own.

I also don't see how "From: Supporters of Ron Paul" is creepy?

Nefertiti
10-10-2007, 02:05 PM
Whoopi Goldberg is on the View now. Didn't you hear a week or two ago how Whoopi had the audacity to say to Nancy Pelosi and her husband on the air live that she wanted to engage in a threesome with them? I don't know which one to consider lower-Whoopi for saying it or Nancy Pelosi for not immediately walking off the stage. Second in line to the presidency and Whoopi had so little respect to make such a crude and tasteless remark and Pelosi had no spine to just leave after such an insult!

WillInMiami
10-10-2007, 02:06 PM
You people that start taking donation to send flowers to anyone that mentions Ron Paul in a positive way are completely insane. You are part of the reason that guys like Glenn Beck don't like Ron Paul and call HIM crazy. YOUR CRAZY RUBS OFF ON HIM (that's the perception). Stop sending goddamn flowers to people and send the money to the campaign! Holy fucking hell - it's like you all really do live in basements! Grow up!

kylejack
10-10-2007, 02:08 PM
You people that start taking donation to send flowers to anyone that mentions Ron Paul in a positive way are completely insane. You are part of the reason that guys like Glenn Beck don't like Ron Paul and call HIM crazy. YOUR CRAZY RUBS OFF ON HIM (that's the perception). Stop sending goddamn flowers to people and send the money to the campaign! Holy fucking hell - it's like you all really do live in basements! Grow up!

Settle down. Go hand out some slimjims to cool your jets.

winston_blade
10-10-2007, 02:33 PM

I suppose that I am not quite as angry as you, but I think sending flowers is a stupid idea too.

kylejack
10-10-2007, 02:41 PM
I suppose that I am not quite as angry as you, but I think sending flowers is a stupid idea too.

Go hand out some slimjims until you see the wisdom in this fantastic idea.

orenbus
10-10-2007, 02:46 PM
Hmm someone hasn't seen this yet. Whatever above ground dweller...

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa194/bryanxt/ronpaulrev.jpg

Question_Authority
10-10-2007, 02:47 PM

A $10 bouquet? Um...yeah that'll net a few dandelions stuck in a tin can if we're lucky. Sheesh

Danny Molina
10-10-2007, 02:51 PM
No video of this yet?

DrNoZone
10-10-2007, 02:55 PM
I think the flowers idea was cute, once. But I think sending money to the campaign is a much wiser use of the funds.

orenbus
10-10-2007, 02:57 PM
I think the flowers idea was cute, once. But I think sending money to the campaign is a much wiser use of the funds.

I agree but we're talking about what $50? People should only be doing this if they have the extra cash

kylejack
10-10-2007, 03:00 PM

That's illegal, for many.

Eric21ND
10-10-2007, 06:53 PM
video?

Trassin
10-11-2007, 11:43 AM
Bump!

DrNoZone
10-11-2007, 12:07 PM
That's illegal, for many.

It's illegal to send funds to the campaign? If you mean some people are maxed out, fine, then they should be donating for ads in Iowa and NH. I just don't think the flowers thing should be done every single time someone in the MSM farts and it smells like Ron Paul.

Trassin
10-11-2007, 12:12 PM
It's illegal to send funds to the campaign? If you mean some people are maxed out, fine, then they should be donating for ads in Iowa and NH. I just don't think the flowers thing should be done every single time someone in the MSM farts and it smells like Ron Paul.

The reason she is getting special attention is because she will be on Real Time with Bill Maher show this Friday, most likely talking about Ron Paul.

This also means that she will most likely mention that appearance and Ron Paul again on Monday.

Anything that can be done to ensure both of those things happen seems more than worth it to me. That is a ton of free media with a demographic that our grassroots campaign does a very poor job of reaching.

Question_Authority
10-11-2007, 12:14 PM

But this is NOT just a matter of her "mentioning" Ron Paul. This is a strategy to get a bigger bang out of it. She is going to be on the Bill Maher show tomorrow night along with Tucker Carlson, and an unfriendly economist-guy, Krugman, or something.

This is perfect timing to get some extra publicity out of it. God knows Ron Paul supporters are always slamming people when they say something bad.

Yes, this is a little risky, but it is not bankrupting anyone and I think it is a positive step.

Danny Molina
10-11-2007, 12:14 PM
All that was said yesterday is that they couldn't find Ron Paul because his name wasn't on the podium. There was no praise.

Trassin
10-11-2007, 03:10 PM
What we are really trying to do is build upon all the times he has been mentioned on the show, such as this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv7r3z2Fqy4