PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Supporter Kicked out of Tea Party

revolutionisnow
04-16-2010, 08:43 PM
YouTube - WACEB Kicked out of Pleason TEA Party Event at The Fairgrounds.Video 1 Raw Fotage (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUmo-hfIVKA)

Feel free to post any other videos of legitimate protesters that were kicked out or harassed

http://i44.tinypic.com/4todg6.jpg

RileyE104
04-16-2010, 08:52 PM
LOL, "I'm providing you with a free speech location!"

QueenB4Liberty
04-16-2010, 08:53 PM
I love that he kept calling that event staffer a fascist.

Uriel999
04-16-2010, 08:54 PM
That is sad. :( Damned brownshirts.

BuddyRey
04-16-2010, 08:54 PM
WTF?! Tea Parties have "Free Speech Zones" now?!

Chester Copperpot
04-16-2010, 09:08 PM
Id like to see the video of what led up to this.. Was the guy being distuptive?

Chester Copperpot
04-16-2010, 09:12 PM
They kicked him out because his sign of sara palin offended them? haha.. If thats the case, that aint no tea party.. bullshit party is more like it.

Smitty
04-16-2010, 09:18 PM
Said it before and I'll say it again,...

There's no reason for the liberty movement to be associated with the Republican party.

Rank and file republicans are *not* for limited government. They're big government warmongers.

Any lip service they give to liberty is just rah-rah rhetoric. They're the enemies of liberty just as much as the democrats,....maybe even more so.

low preference guy
04-16-2010, 09:21 PM

There's no reason for the liberty movement to be associated with the Republican party.

Rank and file republicans are *not* for limited government. They're big government warmongers.

Any lip service they give to liberty is just rah-rah rhetoric. They're the enemies of liberty just as much as the democrats,....maybe even more so.

Go and tell that to Ron Paul.

dannno
04-16-2010, 09:23 PM

Well to be fair, I think he'd agree ;)

catdd
04-16-2010, 09:27 PM
That staff guy seems like a real shithead.

Smitty
04-16-2010, 09:27 PM

Ron Paul is well aware of the attitudes of garden variety republicans.

He's indicated many times that he would prefer being associated with something other than the GOP, but it's fairly impossible to get elected to Congress without being in one of the 2 dominant parties.

low preference guy
04-16-2010, 09:30 PM

Oops. I bolded the wrong part. I meant to highlight:

I doubt RP would agree with that, because he associated himself with the Republican Party by running on its ticket.

catdd
04-16-2010, 09:38 PM
They kicked him out because his sign of sara palin offended them? haha.. If thats the case, that aint no tea party.. bullshit party is more like it.

I never got a good look at the sign. What did it say about SP? :confused:

Spider-Man
04-16-2010, 09:47 PM
I was at a Tea Party event in Alabama on Thursday. Sarah Palin's dad and brother swung through that night to speak. They were the last speakers scheduled. My girlfriend, her dog and I packed up and left with our RON PAUL 2012 and ABOLISH THE FED sign. I'd rather cut my balls off with a rusty saw than sit there and be subjected to that. Anyway, no one gave us any trouble. As long as it's positive I guess. The only people you're "allowed" to bash are Democrats in the co-opted Tea Party.

Got to see Chuck Baldwin, though, whom I voted for in '08, and he railed against the Fed, among other things. Wish I had gotten it on video.

PreDeadMan
04-16-2010, 09:48 PM
Her picture was morphed into a vampire under it , it said R.I.P Tea parties lol

catdd
04-16-2010, 09:57 PM
Oh yeah, I saw it the second time. They didn't like the TP RIP thing I bet.
He was protesting the co-opted TP by saying RIP.
The hippies once held an actual funeral for the commercialized "hippie" in Haight Ashbury and they were basically saying the same thing as this guy.

revolutionisnow
04-16-2010, 09:58 PM

Added screen shot of sign to original post, I will try to find a full size Palin vampire photo so we can all have flyers like it. Maybe we can make it as popular as the Obama joker was.

charrob
04-16-2010, 10:09 PM

i think it was just the vampire picture of her that's been going around, ie.,

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs459.ash1/25258_119374354742857_100000108791083_306750_10677 06_n.jpg

this past March 20 we attended the peace march in D.C. and then walked over to the Capitol where the tea party was having a health care rally. (this was the first time i ever attended a 'tea party').

while leftist peace marchers who noticed my Ron Paul t-shirt welcomed us and thanked us for coming, the neocons at the tea party who saw my Ron Paul t-shirt muttered how they didn't like Ron Paul because of 'some' of his views. -which didn't surprise me. I didn't like them, not one bit-- but i didn't let on (was just more curious to get a feeling for what made these people tick). When the guy sitting next to me stated he wrote in Sarah Palin's name in the past presidential election (for president) i almost barf'd. But, again, held my tongue and showed my utmost respect for the idiot.

excuse my language but there is no way in hell i would have let any of these people know i just came from a peace march (i hid my 'No Iran War' sign in my backpack). And God help me if i let out my views about their goddess palin...

although i heard no racist remarks or any of that kind of stuff, there was a definite undertone of violence in the air-- to the point i finally had to walk away. They were just nasty. I did not like them one bit.

catdd
04-16-2010, 10:15 PM
This is terrible. I haven't been to one since the pubs took over and didn't know it had gotten so bad.

charrob
04-16-2010, 10:18 PM
This is terrible.

what's terrible?

catdd
04-16-2010, 10:21 PM
Didn't realize how bad things have gotten since the pubs took over.

Pepsi
04-16-2010, 10:22 PM
WTF?! Tea Parties have "Free Speech Zones" now?!
That happens when the Neocons take over.

charrob
04-16-2010, 10:22 PM
Didn't realize how bad things have gotten since the pubs took over.

What are pubs?

catdd
04-16-2010, 10:24 PM
Well, it looks like the RP guy is a hero. He didn't do anything wrong except step on neocon toes which deserves an A+ in my book.

fj45lvr
04-16-2010, 10:27 PM
this guys pic of Palin is pointless.... The guy must be a real "attention whore"...he was loving what happened.

catdd
04-16-2010, 10:29 PM
I disagree. He was making a point.
He walked into the belly of the beast even though the results were to be expected.
The Tea Parties are not ours anymore and that's a hard pill to swallow.

silverhandorder
04-16-2010, 10:37 PM
This guy was funny as hell and presented him self well. I was rolling from him sniping fascist one last time.

charrob
04-16-2010, 10:41 PM
this guys pic of Palin is pointless.... The guy must be a real "attention whore"...he was loving what happened.

i guess it would depend on who owned the property where the tea party was held. if this happened on the property of, say, a community center, the guy had every right to be there with his Palin vampire sign. But if the property was owned by a tea partier in love with his goddess Palin, that would be another story.

catdd
04-16-2010, 10:48 PM
This guy was funny as hell and presented him self well. I was rolling from him sniping fascist one last time.

:D

silverhandorder
04-16-2010, 10:50 PM
i guess it would depend on who owned the property where the tea party was held. if this happened on the property of, say, a community center, the guy had every right to be there with his Palin vampire sign. But if the property was owned by a tea partier in love with his goddess Palin, that would be another story.

I dunno, wouldn't a private party booking a public venue still have ability to kick people out? Freedom of association is often forgotten. They were not right in what they did but I think they should be allowed to do it.

revolutionisnow
04-16-2010, 10:54 PM
Here is another "infiltrator". Shame on him for bringing up that the Federal Reserve is a private bank.

YouTube - Infiltrators at San Francisco Tea Party (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR5Cs0fdfTo)

As far as a right to force people to leave, this officer at 5:18 in this video says he has no right to do that, he can only ask

YouTube - Tea Party Express Shuns We Are Change (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD0pZndX6vM&)

specsaregood
04-16-2010, 11:00 PM
The guy is free to do this, but why the need to call him a "Ron Paul Supporter"? Eh? If you are gonna do this, keep RP's name out of it.

charrob
04-16-2010, 11:05 PM
I dunno, wouldn't a private party booking a public venue still have ability to kick people out? Freedom of association is often forgotten. They were not right in what they did but I think they should be allowed to do it.

i guess it would depend on whether the public venue was allowed to be 'booked'. my knowledge about these sorts of things is really limited... when my parents had their 50th wedding anniversary they re-did their wedding vows in a beautiful location of a public park: in a gazebo on a hill overlooking the Chesapeake Bay (it was a gorgeous location). When we were in the planning stage, the park rangers said we were not allowed to "book" that area so strangers would be allowed of course to walk into the area during the ceremony. We said that was fine...and of course everything worked beautifully. (After the restatement of the vows our group simply walked to an enclosed pavilion which we did actually "book" for dinner and music.)

so it all would depend on whether the public area was just a public area, or if it really did require "booking".

either way the guy who made the RP person leave was a real jerk (he simply could have ignored the sign).

catdd
04-16-2010, 11:14 PM
The guy is free to do this, but why the need to call him a "Ron Paul Supporter"? Eh? If you are gonna do this, keep RP's name out of it.

You mean carrying the Vampire Palin sign?

chadhb
04-16-2010, 11:16 PM
I'm disgusted....i'm pissed off...

puppetmaster
04-16-2010, 11:21 PM
Ron Paul is well aware of the attitudes of garden variety republicans.

He's indicated many times that he would prefer being associated with something other than the GOP, but it's fairly impossible to get elected to Congress without being in one of the 2 dominant parties.

I think that we are very, very close to having a third party be a viable option...They are scared shitless of this and this is why there is a "tea party" AKA republican/democrat diversion party

AuH20
04-16-2010, 11:34 PM
Did the Tea Party Staff overreact and act incredibly dumb? YES

Are all republicans, "big government warmongering fascists"? OF COURSE NOT.

Brian4Liberty
04-17-2010, 12:02 AM
YouTube - WACEB Kicked out of Pleason TEA Party Event at The Fairgrounds.Video 1 Raw Fotage

Feel free to post any other videos of legitimate protesters that were kicked out or harassed.

I believe the town is Pleasanton, not Pleason.

There is a severe lack of context in this video. All we have is after the fact.

In San Jose, a couple of truthers were thrown out, mainly due to the fact that they were interrupting the main speaker with a megaphone. Context is everything. You could walk through the crowd with a megaphone saying "Britney Spears sucks", and people will get mad at you if you are being rude. Don't know what exactly happened in Pleasanton, as there is no footage of what happened before they were out in the parking lot leaving. Was it just the picture of Palin, or was there more to it?

revolutionisnow
04-17-2010, 12:28 AM
I believe the town is Pleasanton, not Pleason.

There is a severe lack of context in this video. All we have is after the fact.

In San Jose, a couple of truthers were thrown out, mainly due to the fact that they were interrupting the main speaker with a megaphone. Context is everything. You could walk through the crowd with a megaphone saying "Britney Spears sucks", and people will get mad at you if you are being rude. Don't know what exactly happened in Pleasanton, as there is no footage of what happened before they were out in the parking lot leaving. Was it just the picture of Palin, or was there more to it?

He didn't have a bullhorn, I posted the screencaps of his sign in the original post. There is a part 2 of the video, just the fact that there is a "free speech zone" should be enough to have people concerned. You might be right on the town name, I wasn't there, don't know him personally and have never heard of the city either way,I just reposted what was in the video title.

Toureg89
04-17-2010, 12:31 AM
even more proof the Tea Party has been coopted by hypocrite (R)s

brandon
04-17-2010, 12:41 AM
Didn't read the whole thread...but why did this guy allow nobodies in "staff" shirts to order him around? Was it on private property?

parocks
04-17-2010, 12:42 AM
The Tea Parties is where CfL, Ron Paul, etc., should be going to get votes.

It's crazy to do anything like protest against the protest. The Tea Party people are Ron Paul people, or potential Ron Paul people.

Oops. I bolded the wrong part. I meant to highlight:

I doubt RP would agree with that, because he associated himself with the Republican Party by running on its ticket.

Jeros
04-17-2010, 12:59 AM

:)

parocks
04-17-2010, 01:00 AM
Terrible idea.

Is the goal here to help Ron Paul? To associate ideas that we want to sell to tea partiers with ideas they hate?

They're there in part because they like Sarah Palin is there.

You put a sign up dissing the tea parties, dissing Palin, who they're there to see,
who they like, and you put it next to end the fed, it makes people hate end the fed. You do not want anything anti-palin near anything pro Ron Paul. If you have a anti Palin sign, you go stand near the guy with the Romney sign. But you should not have anti Palin signs.

You ever hear anywhere about Republicans who think Ron Paul is a kook? We don't want that, and waving signs hating on Palin right next to a Ron Paul sign makes them think Ron Paul is a kook.

Are you a Democrat?

Added screen shot of sign to original post, I will try to find a full size Palin vampire photo so we can all have flyers like it. Maybe we can make it as popular as the Obama joker was.

Jeros
04-17-2010, 01:04 AM
Are you a Democrat?

Are you a Republican?

revolutionisnow
04-17-2010, 01:04 AM
Didn't read the whole thread...but why did this guy allow nobodies in "staff" shirts to order him around? Was it on private property?

Good question. Most people are followers, whoever stands up and says I'm the leader line up behind me is who people are going to follow, and that is what has happened here. These people have created various organizations in which they seek to control and manage the dissent and steer people back into the gates of the mainstream GOP. We need to create our own grassroots organizations led by our own people in order to counter this. We also need to have our people silently joining their organizations.

The Tea Parties is where CfL, Ron Paul, etc., should be going to get votes.

It's crazy to do anything like protest against the protest. The Tea Party people are Ron Paul people, or potential Ron Paul people.

These are mostly neo cons, they support the wars, they think the fed is good, and are indifferent to civil liberties issues like the Patriot Act. They want to play partisan politics and blame Obama as the reason for this entire mess. I would also like to know how many of them are also just bussed in from who knows where and paid how much? This entire thing was way too organized and a lot of central planning was involved.

More on who is funding this entire thing
http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2009/03/playboy-dips-a-toe-into-investigative-journalism/4770/

parocks
04-17-2010, 01:06 AM
Are you a Republican?

Answer my question and I'll answer yours

Jeros
04-17-2010, 01:13 AM
Answer my question and I'll answer yours

You didn't ask me a question. I would trust someone because they were a democrat no more than if they were a republican. It is pointless to even differentiate between the two parties. A better question would have been "are you a party loyalist?" Party loyalty is poison.

charrob
04-17-2010, 01:16 AM

here's a picture with the 'Tea Party R.I.P.' written underneath Palin's vampire picture: (--not sure if it's a good idea to be making flyers though :eek: ... but i sure don't have any problem passing it around to like-minded individuals :p ).

http://hphotos-sjc1.fbcdn.net/hs419.snc3/25258_119401794740113_100000108791083_306938_48913 20_n.jpg

parocks
04-17-2010, 01:17 AM
The core message of the tea parties is small government.

That is Ron Paul's core message.

The Neocon stuff isn't the tea party message. They are supporters of end the fed, at least in part.

Ron Paul and CfL and people here should be there spreading Ron Paul's message.

And people here have been 2nd guessing the tea party from the beginning. So, it was never "ours" Can't a local tea party put on an official tea party event? Aren't some of those local tea parties started by CfL, or by other Ron Paul people? Well, can't one of these Ron Paul affiliated Tea Parties have a Tea Party that's all about Ron Paul's message. Apparently one of the tea parties was about Sarah Palin, well, there can be one about Ron Paul. Is that impossible? If we want Ron Paul at the center of the "tea party movement", he needs to get out in front of these tea party rallys. Sarah Palin is at a Tea Party rally, she's talking, it's getting shown on tv. So people think that Sarah Palin is a leader of tea parties. Put Ron Paul out there in front of a tea party, speaking to people, getting on tv, people will thing that he's a leader of the tea party.

Good question. Most people are followers, whoever stands up and says I'm the leader line up behind me is who people are going to follow, and that is what has happened here. These people have created various organizations in which they seek to control and manage the dissent and steer people back into the gates of the mainstream GOP. We need to create our own grassroots organizations led by our own people in order to counter this. We also need to have our people silently joining their organizations.

These are mostly neo cons, they support the wars, they think the fed is good, and are indifferent to civil liberties issues like the Patriot Act. They want to play partisan politics and blame Obama as the reason for this entire mess. I would also like to know how many of them are also just bussed in from who knows where and paid how much? This entire thing was way too organized and a lot of central planning was involved.

More on who is funding this entire thing
http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2009/03/playboy-dips-a-toe-into-investigative-journalism/4770/

Fr3shjive
04-17-2010, 01:21 AM
That Palin sign was perfect because she is literally sucking the life out of the tea party and making it a neo-con movement. Too bad a large portion of the current tea partiers support Palin as the head of the tea party instead of Ron Paul.

charrob
04-17-2010, 01:28 AM
That Palin sign was perfect because she is literally sucking the life out of the tea party and making it a neo-con movement. Too bad a large portion of the current tea partiers support Palin as the head of the tea party instead of Ron Paul.

in so many ways i think they see her the way the democrats saw Obama before the election-- it's all gloss and superficial with nothing underneath. It's really hard to understand people sometimes.

parocks
04-17-2010, 02:01 AM
Well, you do not want this Palin picture on this website at all.

It makes us look like Democrats. We need votes from Republicans.
It would make people think worse of Ron Paul. So, we don't need
that at all. In fact, Ron Paul would be better off if you were saying
this stuff at the Mitt Romney forum.

If I was Ron Paul, I'd try to figure out how to make that stuff stop.

revolutionisnow
04-17-2010, 02:08 AM
Well, you do not want this Palin picture on this website at all.

It makes us look like Democrats. We need votes from Republicans.
It would make people think worse of Ron Paul. So, we don't need
that at all. In fact, Ron Paul would be better off if you were saying
this stuff at the Mitt Romney forum.

If I was Ron Paul, I'd try to figure out how to make that stuff stop.

Part of free speech includes allowing messages that you do not agree with. I've never seen Ron Paul pander to the crowd, not sure why he would start now?

But just to be clear, that sign represented the individual holding it, and their beliefs. That is another thing that these new tea parties have absolutely no concept of. They think if someone shows up to "their rally" with an offensive/vulgar/racist/liberal/etc sign, that it somehow morphs all of them into whatever is on that sign. What a ridiculous idea.

Carson
04-17-2010, 02:10 AM
Maybe I wasn't at the real TEA Party. I didn't know there was another area with expanded freedom.

catdd
04-17-2010, 09:22 AM

Because they were just itching to call the cops in to have him forcefully removed. He did the right thing under the circumstances; he kept the camera rolling, asked pertinent questions, and offered no resistance which may have gotten him tased and handcuffed.

dr. hfn
04-17-2010, 09:38 AM
it's not fascism, it's tyranny

Captain Shays
04-17-2010, 11:01 AM
First of all, we need to re-take the tea party movement.

Second, I am still trying to figure out where that brown shirt had any authority to kick that freedom loving guy out of a public place.

I would have stood there and said oh yeah buddy? You just try to put one hand on me and find out what happens next and if he did, I would have kicked his ass back to his car. If you don't like my signs then don't read them. Don't look at them. Ignore them, laugh at them or scorn them but don't try to tell me I gotta get outa here because you don't like them. S-Crew YOU! Then screw the camel you rode in on!

Captain Shays
04-17-2010, 11:05 AM
Because they were just itching to call the cops in to have him forcefully removed. He did the right thing under the circumstances; he kept the camera rolling, asked pertinent questions, and offered no resistance which may have gotten him tased and handcuffed.

Oh Yeah? Before they tased me and handcuffed me I would have made that ahole bleed for laying his hands on me.

That dude had every right to be there and every right to hold up his signs and the tyrant had no right to kick him out of an open space for being there and holding up his signs. In fact, that ahole guy is the very reason why we're all so involved. He represents tyranny, and the very sort of authoritarianism that we loathe because it's destroying liberty.

JamesButabi
04-17-2010, 11:11 AM
I understand why the guy did what he did, but everyone here should understand why theres a better message to be getting out. Hate and negative connotations are a nuisance to Ron Pauls message. We need to help people understand why she isn't the correct candidate to support without being combative. After all, we certainly didnt reject her endorsement of Rand, and probably wouldnt reject her endorsement of other liberty candidates.

constituent
04-17-2010, 12:06 PM
Oh Yeah? Before they tased me and handcuffed me I would have made that ahole bleed for laying his hands on me.

That dude had every right to be there and every right to hold up his signs and the tyrant had no right to kick him out of an open space for being there and holding up his signs. In fact, that ahole guy is the very reason why we're all so involved. He represents tyranny, and the very sort of authoritarianism that we loathe because it's destroying liberty.

You're right, that guy was the enemy. /sarcasm

Naaah, the dude in the video played it right even though it was hard for me to hear him yell "fascism, fascism" like he was the preacher from exorcist. ("the power of christ compels you, the power of christ compels you!")

That said, he made a believer out of the volunteer security guard. Mark my words, you could see it in his eyes.

And what was with the plain clothes officer taping him and talking to him about Ron Paul toward the end? That was just creepy... :( :eek:

Carson
04-17-2010, 12:11 PM

It was on private property.

I think there must have been more to this than just that picture of Sarah Palin.

Maybe he should have went with the Sarah three wolf TEA shirt.

http://photos.imageevent.com/stokeybob/newbegining/3wolfpalin.jpg

P.S. I've been to rallies concerning illegal immigration. I think some of the better ones were the ones were we got in each others faces and discussed the issues. At a lot of rallies they split off the opposing groups. It doesn't really help moving forward except maybe to war.

brandon
04-17-2010, 12:15 PM

I think there must have been more to this than just that picture of Sarah Palin.

Maybe he should have went with the Sarah three wolf TEA shirt.

http://photos.imageevent.com/stokeybob/newbegining/3wolfpalin.jpg

Is somebody really selling a shirt like this? I'd buy like 3 of them. Serious. lmao

Natalie
04-17-2010, 12:21 PM
Idk what happened in this situation, but I don't go to tea parties because they are mostly just a bunch of neocons. These are the same people that supported Bush. The teapartiers seem like the "good guys" now that Obama's in office, but when Bush was in office, the liberal anti-war protesters were the "good guys." Now that Obama is in office, all the anti-war protesters have shut up and disappeared. Both sides are a bunch of sheep.

Carson
04-17-2010, 12:22 PM
Is somebody really selling a shirt like this? I'd buy like 3 of them. Serious. lmao

Ha Ha Ha. I don't think so. I made the picture for someone on Fark. I don't know if even the original is of good enough quality to print a shirt with. Besides I sort of borrowed the pictures I used.

There was a story on Fark (http://www.fark.com/cgi/comments.pl?IDLink=5208264) the other day about scientists creating a bullet proof t-shirt and he figured they did it by adding a fourth wolf.

Carson
04-17-2010, 12:23 PM
Idk what happened in this situation, but I don't go to tea parties because they are mostly just a bunch of neocons. These are the same people that supported Bush. The teapartiers seem like the "good guys" now that Obama's in office, but when Bush was in office, the liberal anti-war protesters were the "good guys." Now that Obama is in office, all the anti-war protesters have shut up and disappeared. Both sides are a bunch of sheep.

I was thinking both parties are a bunch of Globalist Shills.

Natalie
04-17-2010, 12:29 PM
I was thinking both parties are a bunch of Globalist Shills.

Yeah, that's what I mean.

I went to one tea party last year because Ron Paul was going to be speaking. The crowd was huge! They were clearly mostly neocons though. Someone tried to start an "End the Fed" chant and I don't think anybody even knew what he was talking about, lol. That was the last tea party I ever went to.

catdd
04-17-2010, 01:11 PM

Well he obviously didn't want to go through all of that so he played it cool.

angelatc
04-17-2010, 01:11 PM

That is a direct contradiction of what Ron Paul says, so I'm going with "You're wrong about that."

angelatc
04-17-2010, 01:14 PM
I understand why the guy did what he did, but everyone here should understand why theres a better message to be getting out. Hate and negative connotations are a nuisance to Ron Pauls message. We need to help people understand why she isn't the correct candidate to support without being combative. After all, we certainly didnt reject her endorsement of Rand, and probably wouldnt reject her endorsement of other liberty candidates.

I agree. It's absolutely counter-productive to walk in with a huge chip on your shoulder. Those signs were meant to be antagonistic - certainly not any way to open dialogue and win support.

It pisses me off to see so many people bitching about the neocon control of the tea parties. When the movement was getting off the ground, there were lots of us begging people to organize in their towns and take control of the message, but nobody wanted to do that.

How'd that work out?

silentshout
04-17-2010, 01:15 PM
The mere fact that a tea party that's supposed to be about "liberty" has free speech zones is mind-boggling. Sure, his Palin sign was a bit negative, but I guess in their circles, it's only ok to have negative signs about Obama and other Democrats. I don't plan on attending any of these neo-con tea parties.

Prester John
04-17-2010, 01:15 PM
I was at a Tea Party in Virginia outside of DC.

We had a CFL tent. People were signing our Audit the Fed petitions and petitions in support of our AG's lawsuit against the individual mandate. I was allowed to speak to the crowd for 10 minutes (following George Allen and the two GOP candidates for Congress).

People appreciated what I said about the difference between being a citizen and a subject. They appreciated my message about liberty.

These are the people that we will need for RP or any liberty candidate to have any sort of chance to be elected and need to be slowly and may I say, "gently", brought along to our point of view.

Now some may say they are only paying lip service to our message and perhaps when things get down to brass tacks they are. But how will we know if we don't continue talking to them in respectful tones??

Smile folks. Smile, be positive, be optimistic, we have the right ideas.

Let's not alienate those we need.

catdd
04-17-2010, 01:18 PM
The mere fact that a tea party that's supposed to be about "liberty" has free speech zones is mind-boggling. Sure, his Palin sign was a bit negative, but I guess in their circles, it's only ok to have negative signs about Obama and other Democrats. I don't plan on attending any of these neo-con tea parties.

Sure, the Obama sign was probably ok because he's on the "enemy's" side.
They are a partisan group and missing the whole point.
None of us ever hated Obama because he's a democrat, we know full well that the Repubs aren't much better - if any.
The idea of having another republican in the white house just because he's a republican doesn't thrill me at all.

charrob
04-17-2010, 01:20 PM

i believe this is incorrect: these were public county fairgrounds: here's wikipedia information:

"Alameda County Fairgrounds
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Alameda County Fairgrounds is a 270-acre (1.1 km2) facility located in Pleasanton, California. It is home to the annual Alameda County Fair as well as numerous trade shows and community events. Its racetrack was built in 1858, making it the oldest one-mile (1.6 km) horse racing track in America. There is a 3,000 seat amphitheater, as well as a 9-hole golf course located within the track's infield.

The Alameda County Central Railroad Society has maintained a model train exhibit at the fairgrounds since 1959, which has grown to two 15 foot by 100 foot layouts in O scale and HO scale.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alameda_County_Fairgrounds

links from wikipedia will take you to:

http://www.alamedacountyfair.com/images/acf_LOGO_vert.jpg

http://www.alamedacountyfair.com/

from home page view their calendar and the tea party event is shown as scheduled:

April 15
Pleasanton/NorCal TEA Party Event
Sponsor: Pleasanton TEA Party
Hours: 2pm
Cost: NC
Parking: FREE
Description: Congressional speakers, food and entertainment for the entire family.

http://www.alamedacountyfair.com/month_04_april.html

constituent
04-17-2010, 01:22 PM
i believe this is incorrect: these were public county fairgrounds: here's wikipedia information:

links from wikipedia will take you to:

from home page view their calendar and the tea party event is shown as scheduled:

reckon they rented it out like one might do the pavilion at their local park?

that'd be my guess, but just guessing...

charrob
04-17-2010, 01:37 PM
reckon they rented it out like one might do the pavilion at their local park?

that'd be my guess, but just guessing...

But this was open-air. When my familiy celebrated my parent's 50th we were specifically told by the county park that we were not allowed to book anyplace in the park that was open-air. The only place we were allowed to "book" was either a pavilion (as you suggest) or an enclosed building on the grounds of the park (which we did).

Our occasion utilized both: first the open-air (where the general public wandered in during our ceremony) then, afterwards, an enclosed building (where the general public were not allowed). But this was just our experience (and has been our experience in other parks for other occasions as well). From the looks in the video this definitely doesn't seem like a part of a park that could be "booked" but I may be wrong.

constituent
04-17-2010, 01:40 PM
But this was open-air. When my familiy celebrated my parent's 50th we were specifically told by the county park that we were not allowed to book anyplace in the park that was open-air. The only place we were allowed to "book" was either a pavilion (as you suggest) or an enclosed building on the grounds of the park (which we did).

Our occasion utilized both: first the open-air (where the general public wandered in during our ceremony) then, afterwards, an enclosed building (where the general public were not allowed). But this was just our experience (and has been our experience in other parks for other occasions as well). From the looks in the video this definitely doesn't seem like a part of a park that could be "booked" but I may be wrong.

an interesting question. do they ever hold concerts or anything like that in this park, i wonder?

AuH20
04-17-2010, 02:17 PM
I agree. It's absolutely counter-productive to walk in with a huge chip on your shoulder. Those signs were meant to be antagonistic - certainly not any way to open dialogue and win support.

It pisses me off to see so many people bitching about the neocon control of the tea parties. When the movement was getting off the ground, there were lots of us begging people to organize in their towns and take control of the message, but nobody wanted to do that.

How'd that work out?

You know what the problem is? Our 6% lunatics, looking for a confrontation run into their 6% lunatic fringe at these functions and all hell breaks loose. I'm tired of refuting hardcore republicans' allegations that all Ron Paul supporters are jobless, drug-addled leftists and I can assume a fair share of the more conservative republicans are sick and tired of being called bloodthirsty neocons. I had no problem with the depiction of Palin as a vampire but the Tea Party R.I.P. message underneath was an immature baiting intentionally designed to illicit a negative reaction. And that guy sure got the reaction he desired and then some. We need to use our head a little bit better.

charrob
04-17-2010, 03:00 PM
You know what the problem is? Our 6% lunatics, looking for a confrontation run into their 6% lunatic fringe at these functions and all hell breaks loose. I'm tired of refuting hardcore republicans' allegations that all Ron Paul supporters are jobless, drug-addled leftists and I can assume a fair share of the more conservative republicans are sick and tired of being called bloodthirsty neocons. I had no problem with the depiction of Palin as a vampire but the Tea Party R.I.P. message underneath was an immature baiting intentionally designed to illicit a negative reaction. And that guy sure got the reaction he desired and then some. We need to use our head a little bit better.

the whole point of his sign is the false left-right paradigm: ie. obama joker pictured on left and palin vampire pictured on right.

my gut told me alot of these teaparties are neocon events, so when we attended tea party protest on capitol hill March 20 there is no way i'd dare say anything negative about palin nor my pro-peace beliefs (like i mentioned, coming from the pro-peace march i actually had to HIDE my 'no iran war' sign in my backpack that day). -but that's just me.

imo this guy had a message about the false left-right paradigm and it's ridiculous that anybody bothered by it would have done more than simply ignore it. (if he just had the palin part of the sign, i could maybe see it, but he didn't-- he had both-- his message was clear).

but according to this CBS newsperson, the "organizer" of this event (whoever that may be) apparently attempted to also keep a "birther" from attending (forward to about 5 1/2 minutes on the video):

YouTube - Carly Fiorina Smacks Down ABC Reporter! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCT8Mnc7hhM)

...additionally the event didn't seem to care about people walking around with anti-obama signs:

YouTube - Pleasanton, California Tax Day Tea Party 2010.wmv (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM6LOjDxhh0)
YouTube - Pleasanton Tea Party.mov (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb0_wzb2Ft0)

I have a hard time understanding why i should be open to people totally closed to me. If a person has such a feisty opinion, it's hard to change their mind. On the other hand, as i've mentioned, that day all i did was wear a Ron Paul for the constitution t-shirt: I never preached Ron Paul's views, etc. At the peace march the leftists actually came up to me upon seeing the t-shirt, thanked us for coming (one shook my hand), and another asked me about Ron Paul. Why aren't people here more open to discuss Ron Paul with people who are actually interested in him, than in people that are totally closed to him?

parocks
04-17-2010, 03:06 PM
Ron Paul ran for President in 2008 as a Republican. A lot of us here are hoping that he does the same in 2012.

In order for him to win he needs Republican votes. Republican votes come from Republicans, not from Democrats. Ron Paul needs Republican Party loyalists, and people who might not always for Republicans, but who recognize that typically the Republicans give less government that Democrats and who typically support Republicans.

You didn't ask me a question. I would trust someone because they were a democrat no more than if they were a republican. It is pointless to even differentiate between the two parties. A better question would have been "are you a party loyalist?" Party loyalty is poison.

AuH20
04-17-2010, 03:07 PM
the whole point of his sign is the false left-right paradigm: ie. obama joker pictured on left and palin vampire pictured on right.

my gut told me alot of these teaparties are neocon events, so when we attended tea party protest on capitol hill March 20 there is no way i'd dare say anything negative about palin nor my pro-peace beliefs (like i mentioned, coming from the pro-peace march i actually had to HIDE my 'no iran war' sign in my backpack that day). -but that's just me.

imo this guy had a message about the false left-right paradigm and it's ridiculous that anybody bothered by it would have done more than simply ignore it. (if he just had the palin part of the sign, i could maybe see it, but he didn't-- he had both-- his message was clear).

but according to this CBS newsperson, the "organizer" of this event (whoever that may be) apparently attempted to also keep a "birther" from attending:

YouTube - Carly Fiorina Smacks Down ABC Reporter! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCT8Mnc7hhM)

...additionally the event didn't seem to care about people walking around with anti-obama signs:

YouTube - Pleasanton, California Tax Day Tea Party 2010.wmv (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM6LOjDxhh0)
YouTube - Pleasanton Tea Party.mov (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb0_wzb2Ft0)

I have a hard time understanding why i should be open to people totally closed to me. If a person has such a feisty opinion, it's hard to change their mind. On the other hand, as i've mentioned, that day all i did was wear a Ron Paul for the constitution t-shirt: I never preached Ron Paul's views, etc. At the peace march the leftists actually came up to me upon seeing the t-shirt, thanked us for coming (one shook my hand), and another asked me about Ron Paul. Why aren't people here more open to discuss Ron Paul with people who are actually interested in him, than in people that are totally closed to him?

Pushing a Tea Party R.I.P. message at a Tea Party no less wasn't exactly the wisest strategy. I think he intentionally disparaged the Tea Party which is an independent movement regardless of various suitors looking to manipulate it's energy for their own. That guy can bash Palin and Obama but when he attacks the tea party, he looks like an ass. The Tea Party is neither left nor right. It started with Ron Paul and was later buttressed by Phil Santelli, another independent minded figure.

Carson
04-17-2010, 03:19 PM
Yeah, that's what I mean.

I went to one tea party last year because Ron Paul was going to be speaking. The crowd was huge! They were clearly mostly neocons though. Someone tried to start an "End the Fed" chant and I don't think anybody even knew what he was talking about, lol. That was the last tea party I ever went to.

I hope to see you at one someday.

I just went to my first one the other day and had a good time. I met hundreds of people handing out my Super Dollars and heard live music again. Nothing like live music.

Here is a link to some of my pictures if you want to check them out.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=240644

P.S. I'm with you. I think the Federal Reserve is the major flaw or the root of all of our problems, not only here but around the world. People are starting to catch on to the way they've been taken but are confused as what to do about it. We have a serious stealth socialism problem the way the government can print up all the money they want to get their way. Not only can they but also the Federal Reserve itself can! We really need Ron Paul's audit.

We have strayed a long way but it was long agou we used real assets to stabilize our currency. I remember silver, nickel and copper money. I see no reason one couldn't print some up tied to wheat, coal or Ipod's or other real assets.

parocks
04-17-2010, 03:27 PM
I've never been to a tea party rally, but I'm pretty sure that it's not a general "free speech" rally. It's not a meaningless "anything goes" protest. It's an anti big government, specifically anti Obama's vision of big government, or anti the current proposals for more big government. There are specific proposals for big government that people oppose. People are having these rallies to say "we do not want these things that Obama wants" The purpose of these rallies is not to criticize private citizens who are criticizing Obama.

You do know that the leftist supporters of Obama and big government have been trying to infiltrate the Tea Parties? Trying to paint the tea parties as something they aren't. The tea parties caught on and now there are people with "infiltrator" signs, and "this person is not with us" signs. Good stuff. The tea party has a message, and is trying to stay on message, knowing that the media is trying to smear them. Most of the Ron Paul people agree with the tea party message, and Ron Paul and Ron Pauls people should be trying to associate Ron Paul with the tea party message in a positive way.

What the person with the bad sign is doing is making people farther away from the sign think that the people close to the sign agree with the person with the sign. Otherwise, the people who don't agree with the message on the sign would get away from the sign, or hold up an "infiltrator" sign or otherwise. Best just to get rid of the sign.

Is Ron Paul going to let people write "sucks" on his signs? Let people into his rallies with Huckabee or Romney signs? You should control your rallies.

Part of free speech includes allowing messages that you do not agree with. I've never seen Ron Paul pander to the crowd, not sure why he would start now?

But just to be clear, that sign represented the individual holding it, and their beliefs. That is another thing that these new tea parties have absolutely no concept of. They think if someone shows up to "their rally" with an offensive/vulgar/racist/liberal/etc sign, that it somehow morphs all of them into whatever is on that sign. What a ridiculous idea.

charrob
04-17-2010, 03:30 PM
Republican votes come from Republicans, not from Democrats.

are you kidding me? -the true left is not going to vote for Obama in 2012 -- on liberal blogs they are already trying to discuss putting up someone else to represent the democrats in 2012. -it's not going to happen: just like there's RINO's there's also DINO's and there's enough DINO's that will see to it that Obama is again elected.

so where is the Kucinich left going? -people like Cindy Sheehan who didn't vote for Obama last time? Sheehan cursed the left-right paradigm at the peace march this past March 20 in her speech...so did Ralph Nader in his speech that day -both railed against Obama in their speeches. if they think Ron Paul has a shot at winning, they would in a heartbeat change their registration so he could win the Rep. primaries: they see Ron Paul as the answer for an end to war, an end to the FED, an end to banker bailouts, an end to having troops all over the world, an end to paying billions to middle eastern countries every year in foreign "aide", an end to the Patriot Act and civil liberty abuses, an end to torture, an end to having a corporatist government which they abhor, and a principled politician who doesn't lie. These are the main concerns of the true left. Their ears are open and they are curious: don't shut them out!

parocks
04-17-2010, 03:33 PM
You would've been getting the beating if you tried something like that. Tea Parties might follow you back to your car, and beat the crap out of you. Put a real big hurt on your ass.

In order to "re-take" this tea party movement, don't you just need the numbers?
Palin drew over 10k all over the place. Just show up at a Palin tea party with 20k Ron Paul supporters all holding end the fed signs, or a mix of Ron Paul and end the fed signs. The people there will think "wow, I like Sarah Palin and I'm here to see her, but that Ron Paul and end the fed sure are popular." That's a good result.

First of all, we need to re-take the tea party movement.

Second, I am still trying to figure out where that brown shirt had any authority to kick that freedom loving guy out of a public place.

I would have stood there and said oh yeah buddy? You just try to put one hand on me and find out what happens next and if he did, I would have kicked his ass back to his car. If you don't like my signs then don't read them. Don't look at them. Ignore them, laugh at them or scorn them but don't try to tell me I gotta get outa here because you don't like them. S-Crew YOU! Then screw the camel you rode in on!

parocks
04-17-2010, 03:38 PM
Yes. You get it.

I was at a Tea Party in Virginia outside of DC.

We had a CFL tent. People were signing our Audit the Fed petitions and petitions in support of our AG's lawsuit against the individual mandate. I was allowed to speak to the crowd for 10 minutes (following George Allen and the two GOP candidates for Congress).

People appreciated what I said about the difference between being a citizen and a subject. They appreciated my message about liberty.

These are the people that we will need for RP or any liberty candidate to have any sort of chance to be elected and need to be slowly and may I say, "gently", brought along to our point of view.

Now some may say they are only paying lip service to our message and perhaps when things get down to brass tacks they are. But how will we know if we don't continue talking to them in respectful tones??

Smile folks. Smile, be positive, be optimistic, we have the right ideas.

Let's not alienate those we need.

rprprs
04-17-2010, 03:41 PM

How'd that work out?

In total agreement.

If the tea parties have been co-opted, it's due, in no small part, to the fact that we abandoned efforts to stay at the forefront.

And guys like the tool in this video serve no purpose other than to further antagonize what should be fertile ground for our message. This is serious business, folks, and going around with silly photo-shopped images of Obama as the Joker and Palin as a vampire is immature at best. If I preferred the art of Warhol to that of da Vinci, I wouldn't try to convince others of my wisdom by crashing into the Louvre with my crayola box and drawing a mustache on the Mona Lisa. Grow up.

And while your at it, stop throwing around words like neocon, fascist, and Hitler in an indiscriminate manner that sounds no less robotic and clueless than if it was coming from mommy or the daily kos. Whether your intent is to convert, or merely to protest, there are better ways. And if you can't find those, then at least keep Ron Paul's name out of it. Ugh!

charrob
04-17-2010, 03:42 PM
Is Ron Paul going to let people write "sucks" on his signs? Let people into his rallies with Huckabee or Romney signs? You should control your rallies.

There were "truthers" at the Ron Paul Revolution March in July 2008: i did not see one Ron Paul person say anything negative in any way to the "truthers". That didn't mean we "agreed" with the "truthers", it simply meant we respect everyone for their free speech rights and opinions.

Considering the 'organizers' of this past event were possibly even keeping out "birthers" speaks volumes: in other words: in order to attend this tea party, one has to program their brain to believe the exact message of these "organizers" and walk in lockstep with everything they believe, or you are not welcome.

parocks
04-17-2010, 03:53 PM
The tea party was in Boston over 200 years ago.

The Ron Paul grass roots took the name for a money bomb / rally in December 2007.

Santelli started the current tea party February 2009. If Campaign for Liberty was called "tea party", then I'd see it a little more.

It took less than a month for a significant number of people here to be distrustful of the tea party. By mid March 2009, people here were saying this tea party was not for us.

The tea party is for less government. Ron Paul would likely be popular with many tea partiers. The tea party is protesting against Obama and the democrats attempts to bring us more government. They do not want more government. So, they have signs saying so. Sarah Palin is not the President, is not an elected official, and cannot bring us more government. Anti Obama signs are what you would see at a protest of what Obama and the Democrats are doing. Anti Palin signs are not what you would see at a protest of what Obama and the Democrats are doing.

Pushing a Tea Party R.I.P. message at a Tea Party no less wasn't exactly the wisest strategy. I think he intentionally disparaged the Tea Party which is an independent movement regardless of various suitors looking to manipulate it's energy for their own. That guy can bash Palin and Obama but when he attacks the tea party, he looks like an ass. The Tea Party is neither left nor right. It started with Ron Paul and was later buttressed by Phil Santelli, another independent minded figure.

parocks
04-17-2010, 04:08 PM
The "true left" will not be registring Republican and voting in the Republican primaries.

If they really are pissed with Obama, they'd stay home in November 2012. Good result.

I'd tell Ron Paul to do nothing to try to appeal to the "true left". Saying anything the left likes will only piss off Republicans. And Republicans are the ones who vote in Republican primaries. You can take the whole of the "true left" - get them all switched from Democrat to Republican - get them all voting for Ron Paul - and Ron Paul adds like 5% to his vote totals. And by surrounding himself with "true left" people, he pisses off even more than that, and ends up with fewer votes than he would if he didn't court them.

America is 40% Conservative 20% Liberal - Your strategy is to get a fringe sliver of a the smallest chunk - 20% liberals. My strategy is to appeal to the middle of the 40% Conservatives. Just show up at the tea parties and say "hey, yeah, I too am against more government and more spending, and Ron Paul never votes for more spending"

are you kidding me? -the true left is not going to vote for Obama in 2012 -- on liberal blogs they are already trying to discuss putting up someone else to represent the democrats in 2012. -it's not going to happen: just like there's RINO's there's also DINO's and there's enough DINO's that will see to it that Obama is again elected.

so where is the Kucinich left going? -people like Cindy Sheehan who didn't vote for Obama last time? Sheehan cursed the left-right paradigm at the peace march this past March 20 in her speech...so did Ralph Nader in his speech that day -both railed against Obama in their speeches. if they think Ron Paul has a shot at winning, they would in a heartbeat change their registration so he could win the Rep. primaries: they see Ron Paul as the answer for an end to war, an end to the FED, an end to banker bailouts, an end to having troops all over the world, an end to paying billions to middle eastern countries every year in foreign "aide", an end to the Patriot Act and civil liberty abuses, an end to torture, an end to having a corporatist government which they abhor, and a principled politician who doesn't lie. These are the main concerns of the true left. Their ears are open and they are curious: don't shut them out!

parocks
04-17-2010, 04:10 PM
Obama Joker is classic tea party stuff. People at the tea party like it, it's not antagonistic.

In total agreement.

If the tea parties have been co-opted, it's due, in no small part, to the fact that we abandoned efforts to stay at the forefront.

And guys like the tool in this video serve no purpose other than to further antagonize what should be fertile ground for our message. This is serious business, folks, and going around with silly photo-shopped images of Obama as the Joker and Palin as a vampire is immature at best. If I preferred the art of Warhol to that of da Vinci, I wouldn't try to convince others of my wisdom by crashing into the Louvre with my crayola box and drawing a mustache on the Mona Lisa. Grow up.

And while your at it, stop throwing around words like neocon, fascist, and Hitler in an indiscriminate manner that sounds no less robotic and clueless than if it was coming from mommy or the daily kos. Whether your intent is to convert, or merely to protest, there are better ways. And if you can't find those, then at least keep Ron Paul's name out of it. Ugh!

parocks
04-17-2010, 04:23 PM
July 2008. A truther message is not the same as writing "Ron Paul Sucks" on a sign at a Ron Paul rally. People now say that Ron Paul supports truthers. I wonder if there are pictures of truthers at a Ron Paul rally? You know, what passes as evidence.

The people who organized that tea party rally want to keep a tight message. They don't want to be associated with the birther message. So they're getting rid of signs and people who are off message. That's ok to do. Being affiliated with the wrong messages can be harmful, and the tea partiers are trying to avoid that damage.

There were "truthers" at the Ron Paul Revolution March in July 2008: i did not see one Ron Paul person say anything negative in any way to the "truthers". That didn't mean we "agreed" with the "truthers", it simply meant we respect everyone for their free speech rights and opinions.

Considering the 'organizers' of this past event were possibly even keeping out "birthers" speaks volumes: in other words: in order to attend this tea party, one has to program their brain to believe the exact message of these "organizers" and walk in lockstep with everything they believe, or you are not welcome.

charrob
04-17-2010, 04:37 PM
Your strategy is to get a fringe sliver of a the smallest chunk - 20% liberals. My strategy is to appeal to the middle of the 40% Conservatives.

my strategy is to appeal to anyone whose ears are open to ron paul's message -irregardless of what paradigm they are currently a part of.

BlackTerrel
04-17-2010, 04:59 PM
What was the goal of this guy? Was it to:

1. Draw people to Ron Paul's message

2. Piss people off

If 2 was his goal he succeeded and he should keep doing what he's doing. If 1 is his goal then maybe he should shift tactics.

I sometimes get the feeling that some here want to be disruptive, and part of the fringe. If Ron Paul does well suddenly you are "the man" and they don't want that.

Flash
04-17-2010, 05:00 PM

2. Piss people off

If 2 was his goal he succeeded and he should keep doing what he's doing. If 1 is his goal then maybe he should shift tactics.

I agree. It looked like he was there to provoke them.

Brian4Liberty
04-17-2010, 05:07 PM
He didn't have a bullhorn,

Yeah, I know. That was a truther in San Jose, at a different Tea Party.

As for the guy in the OP video in Pleasanton, I don't know that Ron Paul would approve of making fun of Palin and holding a Ron Paul sign at the same time. Palin did endorse Rand Paul, and they are all associated with the Tea Party. There really isn't a need to antagonize other people who we want on our side.

From the Ron Paul PR aspect, that sign could only hurt Ron Paul. Many people at the Tea Party might agree with it, but they would be people that already agree. You could turn off other people though.

On to the subject of the "birther" who was uninvited to speak in Pleasanton, that was Orly Taitz ("birtherism" is not her only issue, she would probably advocate nuking Iran tomorrow, and she has been attacking her black primary opponent with racist undertones). Feel free to research her a little. Needless to say, both John Dennis and Chuck DeVore refused to attend if she was speaking. That is one reason that the CBS reporter was asking some of those questions of Carly Fiorina (other candidates had denounced the inclusion of Taitz, Carly pleaded ignorance). Of course the CBS reporter is probably a Democrat/Boxer supporter, so he was there to do a hit piece on Carly no matter what.

GunnyFreedom
04-17-2010, 05:10 PM

2. Piss people off

I sometimes get the feeling that some here want to be disruptive, and part of the fringe. If Ron Paul does well suddenly you are "the man" and they don't want that.

You too? :)

papajohn56
04-17-2010, 06:18 PM
America is a Free Speech Zone.

revolutionisnow
04-17-2010, 06:51 PM
Yeah, I know. That was a truther in San Jose, at a different Tea Party.

As for the guy in the OP video in Pleasanton, I don't know that Ron Paul would approve of making fun of Palin and holding a Ron Paul sign at the same time. Palin did endorse Rand Paul, and they are all associated with the Tea Party. There really isn't a need to antagonize other people who we want on our side.

From the Ron Paul PR aspect, that sign could only hurt Ron Paul. Many people at the Tea Party might agree with it, but they would be people that already agree. You could turn off other people though.

On to the subject of the "birther" who was uninvited to speak in Pleasanton, that was Orly Taitz ("birtherism" is not her only issue, she would probably advocate nuking Iran tomorrow, and she has been attacking her black primary opponent with racist undertones). Feel free to research her a little. Needless to say, both John Dennis and Chuck DeVore refused to attend if she was speaking. That is one reason that the CBS reporter was asking some of those questions of Carly Fiorina (other candidates had denounced the inclusion of Taitz, Carly pleaded ignorance). Of course the CBS reporter is probably a Democrat/Boxer supporter, so he was there to do a hit piece on Carly no matter what.

I doubt Ron Paul would approve of most of the signs there. Most of them are based around low brow humor and blame Obama and the Democrats for the entire state of our country. The point shouldn't be if you agree with their sign or not, or if you think it will benefit the cause, but its a free speech issue. Its a political rally, and people are there to state their opinion. If I hold up a sign that says end the fed or stop the wars, I represent myself, my holding up of that sign does not morph the other 100 people there into supporters of that cause. Does anyone think most of these signs are winning over the hearts and minds of the public? Is a former Obama supporter seeing these and thinking wow, they are really smart and have a point? Are any of these signs educating people on anything? The tea parties have became a neo con joke.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/the-40-dumbest-tax-day-signs