PDA

View Full Version : [Video] RT: Adam Kokesh on Ron Paul 2012

ctiger2
04-16-2010, 06:01 PM
YouTube - Ron Paul 2012 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPQLW4qP3Y8)

thasre
04-16-2010, 09:56 PM
Why do I see "Russia Today" news segments everywhere in the past few months? Why does Russia even HAVE an English-language news outlet? They seem to produce decent news coverage, so I'm not complaining, it just seems a little... weird.

Also, good interview. I don't think Ron should run in 2012, and if he did I doubt he'd win, but it's still nice to hear it being talked about.

ctiger2
04-16-2010, 10:25 PM
I don't think Ron should run in 2012, and if he did I doubt he'd win..

I guess we have to define what "win" means. Ron Paul's 2008 campaign was a "win" because he woke up millions AND started a grassroots fire (Schiff, Rand, Kokesh, Dennis, Medina, Harris etc).

If Ron runs for 2012 I guarantee he will "win" again.

thasre
04-16-2010, 10:44 PM
Yeah, if Ron decides to run more for the educational value than for the votes, I don't think I'll mind too much. But I think he could just as easily throw his weight behind another candidate (like Gary Johnson, perhaps?) who would be just as effective a potential leader and who would probably have a better chance of getting elected.

CUnknown
04-17-2010, 09:43 AM
Why do I see "Russia Today" news segments everywhere in the past few months? Why does Russia even HAVE an English-language news outlet? They seem to produce decent news coverage, so I'm not complaining, it just seems a little... weird.

Also, good interview. I don't think Ron should run in 2012, and if he did I doubt he'd win, but it's still nice to hear it being talked about.

English is a universal language. If their broadcasts were only in Russian, no one could understand them!

They want to spread their propaganda around the world, just we like do. They are treating the freedom movement like our journalists treat dissidents in Iran, we love those guys. They want to do whatever they can to support Americans dismantling our empire from within, so they don't have to do it from without.

Geez, I sound like a neo-con here. But it's true, this is why they are supporting us. We should be happy and take whatever support we can get, while remembering what their true motivations are.

ctiger2
04-17-2010, 11:46 AM
But I think he could just as easily throw his weight behind another candidate (like Gary Johnson, perhaps?)

I don't know much about Gary Johnson, but the little I've seen he's missing that special spark IMO. Ron has that spark.

Brett
04-17-2010, 12:05 PM
I don't know much about Gary Johnson, but the little I've seen he's missing that special spark IMO. Ron has that spark.

From his most recent speeches, in my opinion, Ron is losing that spark. Rand has it more now, even Kokesh in a few years will have more. Sad to say, though :(

K466
04-17-2010, 02:15 PM
From his most recent speeches, in my opinion, Ron is losing that spark. Rand has it more now, even Kokesh in a few years will have more. Sad to say, though :(

Don't forget Schiff. One of the best speakers I've seen.

Tom Woods and Andrew Napolitano also have a spark in them.

thasre
04-17-2010, 04:27 PM
I agree that Johnson isn't the "sparkiest" candidate out there, but I kind of question if that's going to be a huge drawback in 2012. Obama was thought of as charismatic, and now everyone hates him. Romney, Palin, Huckabee, the Republican trio that are likely to be pushed as the "top tier" candidates in 2012, are all three seen as charismatic but substance-less. I think being the flavorless candidate may actually work to make him feel less artificial, less groomed for the job.

And while Gary Johnson is less charismatic than folks like Rand or Peter or Adam, those three won't really be in a position to run in 2012. Gary Johnson, however, has every bit as much of the experience as Romney, Palin, and Huckabee, being (like them) a former governor, but everything any one of them has as a credential, he also has, minus their defects.

He actually governed in a small government way (unlike Romney), served his full terms effectively (unlike Palin), and isn't a diehard religious-righter (unlike Huckabee). He won election in a state that trends heavily Democratic (like Romney), managed to take on the Republican establishment (like Palin), and has managed to build a broad base of support even with people who disagree with him on many issues (like Huckabee).

It may be that 2012 won't be the year for a real liberty candidate, but I'd say Gary Johnson is going to be our best bet. If he fails in 2012, 2016 would be a perfect year for the Holy Trinity of Ron Paul style candidates to run for the Republican nomination: Paul, Kokesh, and Schiff will all (hopefully) by then be experienced politicians who've paid their dues to the party and made a name for themselves as libertarian Republicans.

MR2Fast2Catch
04-21-2010, 03:33 PM
I like Gary Johnson but Ron Paul would have a lot more success in a presidential run. Ron has a strong following and good name recognition already. Plus he has experience running before so he knows how to run for president, and campaign, debate, etc.

Gary Johnson is still establishing a name for himself, his positions on illegal immigration and abortion are political suicide in the GOP, and he is not a dynamic speaker like Paul is (and I wouldn't even consider Ron Paul a great speaker, but he probably is compared to Johnson).

I really like Gary Johnson, but I don't see him getting anywhere like Ron Paul did.

surGeon
04-24-2010, 03:34 AM
I like Gary Johnson but Ron Paul would have a lot more success in a presidential run. Ron has a strong following and good name recognition already. Plus he has experience running before so he knows how to run for president, and campaign, debate, etc.

Gary Johnson is still establishing a name for himself, his positions on illegal immigration and abortion are political suicide in the GOP, and he is not a dynamic speaker like Paul is (and I wouldn't even consider Ron Paul a great speaker, but he probably is compared to Johnson).

I really like Gary Johnson, but I don't see him getting anywhere like Ron Paul did.

This mirrors my sentiments exactly. Ron Paul has the name recognition and would get a lot more media this time around. He now has the C4L behind him, he was right about the economy and even opposed the change to the glass-steagall act back in 1999 and I think he would be able to lay claim to the Tea-Parties, even as diluted as they have become.

Personally I think he will run if he's at all able to, because he realizes how much it could mean for the cause of liberty, and that is a calling he has always answered previously.

silus
05-02-2010, 10:53 PM
No one else but Ron can crush neo-cons, party loyalists, arrogant media coverage and the status-quo with just pure knowledge and facts. This is what Ron Paul brings to the table. When other lesser candidates resort to attacks, pandering to emotion, criticism based on perception, Ron just beats you up with the truth. And if anyone pays attention they will realize in most of Dr. Paul's encounters the pattern is the same...the other person, who is usually very aggressive, quickly realizes they are in with a heavyweight and becomes docile, subtly moving to a subject they can gain more leverage with. And keeps moving until they can find some kind of weakness. Its really pathetic.

Matt Collins
03-06-2011, 06:44 PM
Me thinks we are about to see some good things come from "Russia Today". Keep watching ;)

emazur
04-04-2011, 09:50 PM
Me thinks we are about to see some good things come from "Russia Today". Keep watching ;)

Holding out on us, eh? Well the Kokesh kat is out of the bag now
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?286217-Press-Release-Adam-vs-The-Man-debuts-on-RT-America-April-11&p=3192162#post3192162

Matt Collins
04-04-2011, 09:57 PM
Holding out on us, eh? Well the Kokesh kat is out of the bag now
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?286217-Press-Release-Adam-vs-The-Man-debuts-on-RT-America-April-11&p=3192162#post3192162

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/Campaign%20VI/Toldja.jpg