PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Conservative: Goldwater on Goldwater

Ekrub
04-16-2010, 04:19 PM
I don't know if this is the appropriate forum for this question... But has anyone seen this doc? And if you have, could you please give me an idea of if its worth buying?

KramerDSP
04-16-2010, 04:35 PM
I saw it and really enjoyed it. It was done by Goldwater's grandson or something like that, but I thought it was balanced and fair. After I saw it, I understood better the analogy of Goldwater begatting (sp) Reagan. I'd bet money that Goldwater is to Reagan as Ron Paul is to Rand Paul ('16 or '20). It just seems like history is destined to repeat itself.

BamaFanNKy
04-16-2010, 04:37 PM
Yes it's worth buying. I check every week HBO ONDemand to see if it's on there.

teamrican1
04-16-2010, 05:08 PM
It's ok. A better source for information about Goldwater is the book "Before the Storm", which chronicles the behind the scenes effort by the grass roots to defeat the Republican Establishment and deliver the 1964 nomination for Goldwater (who was a largely passive figure in that undertaking). The book is written by an extreme left winger, but like most Marxists he is a good historian and doesn't let his personal politics seep in to the story.

BenIsForRon
04-16-2010, 05:27 PM
I saw it a few months ago and really enjoyed it. It's made by his granddaughter, who goes back and interviews his friends and supporters. It gives a real personal view, and shows how far ahead of his time he was, and how there has been no one like him since.

Ekrub
04-16-2010, 05:45 PM
Yeah I have been waiting on it on demand through hbo for a while now but can't ever seem to find it. Just going to have to buy it on amazon i guess. Thanks!:D

Matt Collins
04-17-2010, 04:53 PM
Yes it is a good watch.