PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck - I'm not Ron Paul, but on the road to Ron Paul

mconder
04-16-2010, 03:16 PM
I don't know if his one got posted yesterday, but Glenn was on with a major change in his national defense position. He said "He's not quite Ron Paul, but on the road to Ron Paul." He said he thinks the troops should all come home now. Is it just me, or is that a major shift in his long held position?

BuddyRey
04-16-2010, 03:20 PM
Bully for him, and I welcome any positive overtures he makes toward our movement; but the real proof of his newfound principles will come during the '12 campaign trail. If he avoids smearing the movement by painting us all as crazies or domestic terrorists, then I'll be convinced.

dwdollar
04-16-2010, 03:21 PM
It seems as though he shifts his position everyday. But I haven't listened to him in a long time.

foofighter20x
04-16-2010, 03:22 PM
He's part of an "entertainment company."

He's just trolling for ratings.

Truth-Bringer
04-16-2010, 03:24 PM
While it sounds good on the surface, but I wouldn't put too much faith in it. I think it's because of who's in the White House. Put another Neocon in and Beck will soon be singing his praises, even if he (or she) invades 2 or 3 more countries.

Cowlesy
04-16-2010, 03:27 PM
He said "He's not quite Ron Paul, but on the road to Ron Paul [except for Iran which we should bomb and probably invade and change the regime]."

Added what he probably should have said to be more genuine.

0zzy
04-16-2010, 03:27 PM
I don't know if his one got posted yesterday, but Glenn was on with a major change in his national defense position. He said "He's not quite Ron Paul, but on the road to Ron Paul." He said he thinks the troops should all come home now. Is it just me, or is that a major shift in his long held position?

ya made me go dubyateeeef. tho he's very worried about Israel and Iran being the next Nazi Germany, but he's gotten a lot better methinks.

Old Ducker
04-16-2010, 03:35 PM

^
This

Andrew Ryan
04-16-2010, 03:37 PM
Added what he probably should have said to be more genuine.

:(

Inkblots
04-16-2010, 03:49 PM
I found a hilarious reaction to Glenn's show today on a neo-con website. It's here:
hXXp://www.rightsidenews.com/201004169569/editorial/beck-takes-sharp-turn-to-the-left.html

Some favorite quotes:
"Beck spent the early part of his Thursday program complaining about the size of the U.S. defense budget and even the new U.S. embassy in Iraq." He's even daring criticize our new Vatican-sized embassy? Has he no shame?

And in reference to his interviewing Cato Institute scholars on defense spending: "Several Cato leaders, such as executive vice president David Boaz, are not only gay themselves but pro-marijuana." Oh noes!

torchbearer
04-16-2010, 03:52 PM
I found a hilarious reaction to Glenn's show today on a neo-con website. It's here:
hXXp://www.rightsidenews.com/201004169569/editorial/beck-takes-sharp-turn-to-the-left.html

Some favorite quotes:
"Beck spent the early part of his Thursday program complaining about the size of the U.S. defense budget and even the new U.S. embassy in Iraq." He's even daring criticize our new Vatican-sized embassy? Has he no shame?

And in reference to his interviewing Cato Institute scholars on defense spending: "Several Cato leaders, such as executive vice president David Boaz, are not only gay themselves but pro-marijuana." Oh noes!

these dumb-asses have a short memory. interventionist wars is a democract/left position.
hannity was throwing shit over clinton's war in bosnia. he was so upset over all these interventions overseas... but then Bush is elected, and now republicans are defending to the death, a democratic foriegn policy.

Agorism
04-16-2010, 04:10 PM
It seems like he wants an excuse to keep Iraq going so he says not to bring them home all at once.

Jeros
04-16-2010, 04:44 PM
Glenn Beck is the most controversial figure in the country at the moment. He is being attacked from many sides. Across all demographics, his audience isn't that big. He is being set up for a fall. He might as well associate as many decent principles with himself before hand, that way libertarian principles are seen as the rumblings of a lunatic.

Glenn Beck = Poison

steph3n
04-16-2010, 04:49 PM

tomorrow he will be all for war in Iran, if he sees money in the ratings.

catdd
04-16-2010, 04:53 PM
They must have known the liberty crew ratings were dropping off so he just comes on and parrots a little RP... kisses a little ass... and voila, they're pecking crumbs right out of his hand again.
And don't think for a second he is not aware of the latest Rasmussen poll.

TroySmith
04-16-2010, 04:54 PM
While Beck isn't overly popular with a lot of people on the forum, he is great for the conservative, and to an extent libertarian, movement in this country. He does an excellent job (and it's been increasingly better since he was on Headline News) covering the founding fathers, the progressives, and out of control spending (even when Bush was in office).
It's been obvious that over the past two years he has come a long way down "the road to Ron Paul" and I think the only thing preventing him from going all the way is his views on Israel (mostly shaped by his religious beliefs imho).

nate895
04-16-2010, 04:57 PM
While Beck isn't overly popular with a lot of people on the forum, he is great for the conservative, and to an extent libertarian, movement in this country. He does an excellent job (and it's been increasingly better since he was on Headline News) covering the founding fathers, the progressives, and out of control spending (even when Bush was in office).
It's been obvious that over the past two years he has come a long way down "the road to Ron Paul" and I think the only thing preventing him from going all the way is his views on Israel (mostly shaped by his religious beliefs imho).

Commence flame war....

malkusm
04-16-2010, 05:03 PM
these dumb-asses have a short memory. interventionist wars is a democract/left position.
hannity was throwing shit over clinton's war in bosnia. he was so upset over all these interventions overseas... but then Bush is elected, and now republicans are defending to the death, a democratic foriegn policy.

Hate to link to the Daily Kos, but everyone here should enjoy this collection of Hannity quotes.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2005/2/3/202851/3778