PDA

View Full Version : Rome wasn't built in a day...The Regulate, Control, and Tax Cannibus Act of 2010

enjoiskaterguy
04-16-2010, 02:37 PM
I have been talking about this new Regulate, Control, and Tax Cannabis Act of 2010 prop that will be on this November ballot with a lot of people for quite some time and I have found it to be a very heavy decision for a lot of us liberty loving individuals. Some argue for the support for this prop to pass on the premise of social equality and and freedom of personal choice without government intrusion. Others see this "legalize" wording to be used as a framework to further control our lives with increased theft(taxation) and would increase the size and scope of government on all levels...not to mention an overhaul and expansion of the welfare state.

I understand that there are many economic implications that would occur for the worse if the bill should pass. The individual will essentially be punished(taxed) for growing, selling, or purchasing cannabis and would have a negative affect on one's personal economic stability and well-being as a result.The statists who support this bill do it purely on their selfish admirations and desires to expand government. As individuals we do though have a duty to dissent against totalitarian laws that go against a free society. If this bill does pass, it does not mean you have to be apart of their game. Remember that cannabis is just a plant, and if you believe that you home is your castle, you have the right to grow whatever you want on your property. It is absolutely ridiculous for government to try and regulate a plant. If you see this bill as intrusive and burdensome to your life, liberty, and property, then I suggest that you grow your own cannabis if you so choose to; with or without government approval.

I have come to the conclusion that in order for us to obtain liberty, we must do so by acts of gradualism and with patience. As fellows sovereigns of this Republic of California, we must recognize and come to the realization that we live in one of the most 'nanny-state' atmospheres; with politicians on all levels of government preaching the philosophy of stat-ism and that through no other way than through a progressive approach can we begin to divulge the ideas of freedom and liberty to our fellow Californians . Today's elected officials will not readily decriminalize personal consumption of cannabis in fear that it would be political suicide and would not allow the government to robe it's citizens by taxing it to further their statist agenda. We must also acknowledge that the super majority of Californians do not support such a radical step towards personal liberty. For most have not been educated on the facts and overall damages restrictions and limitations governments put on products that have a natural demand for consumption. The majority are unaware how this failed drug war increases not only poverty, gang warfare and government spending to house inmates for non-violent 'crimes', it also creates and supports an international black market drug trade.

I sincerely believe, after outweighing the pros and cons of this prop, that the benefits of this proposition will surely win over the detriments, but we must slowly acclimate the general public to the idea that cannabis consumption should be the decided by the individual and that government involvement in regulating and taxing a plant is laughable to say the least. Then, and only then can we make that vital step in fully decriminalizing this plant for good and getting that much closer to a free society.