PDA

View Full Version : My question for Ben Affleck on Hardball...

Kandilynn
06-07-2007, 02:07 AM
I am about to submit my question and I wanted to see if it actually makes sense. Also, I actually have two sets of questions and I want to know which one is the best to ask. The first is non-specific, but I'm curious. The second pertains to Ron Paul. So, help me pick my question, too.

Do you feel that Hollywood celebrities choose to support political candidates based on the possibility of them actually winning by either having more campaign money or high numbers in the polls? Or do you feel that they choose a candidate that they believe has the best platform and hope that by showing their support the candidate will have more success with fundraising and will see a jump in the polls?

OR

You were on the Bill Maher show when presidential candidate Ron Paul was there. At that time you said that Ron Paul didn't have 100 million dollars, suggesting that he wouldn't get the nomination. Do you think it is more important to choose to support political candidates based on their message or the amount of money that their campaign has raised? I ask this because a political candidate that has the support of a much admired celebrity, like yourself, would most likely have more success raising the funds needed to have a successful run for the nomination.

kylejack
06-07-2007, 02:10 AM
He doesn't like Ron Paul's policies. He stated as much in Overtime.

LizF
06-07-2007, 02:33 AM
I'd be more inclined to choose the second question because it's more direct/specific and it puts him on the spot--which I think he deserves in light of his comments on Bill Maher's show.

After Ron Paul's segment was over, I think Affleck made a comment along the lines of "Ron Paul is a nice guy but he's never going to get elected". Well, I wished I could have told Affleck, "Of course he won't if everyone thinks like you. If everyone believes in this guy and gets behind him, that doesn't have to be the case." Asshat.

Sovereign Person
06-07-2007, 05:17 AM
Yeah, I like your second question better. When I watched the program, my first thought when Ben said that was, "Well, how about you get out your checkbook?"

angelatc
06-07-2007, 06:28 AM
Ben Affleck has always been an ass.