PDA

View Full Version : [VIDEO] iPad Tortured to Death (by Alex Jones) in Mass Social Experiment

purplechoe
04-16-2010, 12:46 AM
Alex Jones undertakes a psychological experiment that proves dangerous in more than one sense. While the public is caught up in the hype and promotion of the new iPad, it is clear once again that technology has captured our humanity-- our worth has been caught up in baubles, and we are dangerously close to caring more about our gadgets than our family and neighbors.

With this in mind, Alex daringly "tortures" the new toy being pushed by corporate elite to control the masses. He attempts to find out-- or at least raise the question-- as to whether humanity will concern itself with more with the senseless destruction of a computer than it does with the torture and senseless killing of more than a million Iraqis (to put forward one example) along with countless others across the globe.

YouTube - iPad Tortured to Death in Mass Social Experiment (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyEhWeAseSo)

libertarian4321
04-16-2010, 04:29 AM
YouTube - iPad Tortured to Death in Mass Social Experiment (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyEhWeAseSo)

I generally consider Alex Jones a self-promoting demagogue and a general douchebag, but I must admit I took perverse joy in watching that video. I guess I've just heard way too much iPad hype.

I'm also glad he pointed out that ALL Apple products are manufactured in China, despite the "designed in the USA" BS. Apple is about as "American" as Toyota. Er, correction, Toyota is more American than Apple, because Toyota has factories here.

Not that Apple is all that different from other companies- the only major computer maker that still has manufacturing facilities in the USA is Dell. That's why I bought this computer from Dell- manufactured in Tennessee (although the "guts" come from all over the world).

sevin
04-16-2010, 05:18 AM
This is just like the guys who smashed ipods and ps3s the days they were released.

Dreamofunity
04-16-2010, 06:33 AM
"Hm, how can we waste money that people donate to me? Let's smash an Ipad! How can we be edgy doing so? I know! can we stimulate torturing it? It'd finally give me a chance to let off steam."

The only reason people care about smashing a new Ipad is because it costs $500+, not because it's a machine that we have some intense relationship with them. $500 could have paid most my rent, bought my groceries for a few months, paid for medical insurance, gas, hell, it could have kept me supplied in good scotch for a few months. Why waste it on a stupid stunt?

Natalie
04-16-2010, 07:42 AM
"Hm, how can we waste money that people donate to me? Let's smash an Ipad! How can we be edgy doing so? I know! can we stimulate torturing it? It'd finally give me a chance to let off steam."

The only reason people care about smashing a new Ipad is because it costs $500+, not because it's a machine that we have some intense relationship with them. $500 could have paid most my rent, bought my groceries for a few months, paid for medical insurance, gas, hell, it could have kept me supplied in good scotch for a few months. Why waste it on a stupid stunt?

Meh. $500 is pocket change compared to what our government wastes on a day to day basis. What about when Obama signed the healthcare bill with 22 pens that cost $135 each? That seems like a much bigger waste to me. And the taxpayers were forced to pay for it. At least the money for the Ipad torture video was privately donated, or raised from money made from AJs movies. At least this is an entertaining waste of money. :cool:

Also, I think that is the point he was trying to make. Some people will be like, "Omg, an Ipad is like $500, why would he waste it for some silly video?" Well, I like to think a human life is worth a lot more than $500 and some of these same people are probably not freaking out over the number of deaths in Iraq. To them, it's just another statistic.

Natalie
04-16-2010, 07:56 AM
I liked when he poured the water bottle on the Ipad and was like "Why were you made in China?!!" Lol. And when he put a cigarette in the Ipad's mouth and lit it, I was rofl'ing.

Romulus
04-16-2010, 10:59 AM
Ok.. but AJ has an iPhone. Just saying.

Pizzo
04-16-2010, 11:24 AM
Ok.. but AJ has an iPhone. Just saying.

And an iPhone/iPod touch app that streams his show.