PDA

View Full Version : Democrats attack CFL and myself!

Matt Collins
04-15-2010, 11:27 PM
I must be doing something right ;):p:cool::)

http://www.rutherfordcountydemocrats.org/2010/04/rutherford-tea-party-embraces-extremist-ousted-by-gop/

phill4paul
04-15-2010, 11:37 PM
tldr: I couldn't get past the photo. All in black w/ black background created a Matt Collins bauble-head effect. I was mattzmatized. :D

Paulitical Correctness
04-15-2010, 11:47 PM
Awesome.

DirtMcGirt
04-16-2010, 12:45 AM
Matt, That was a great comment you left on the site... RPF might have to use that as a template for "productive comment section posts" for left leaning sites...

Omphfullas Zamboni
04-16-2010, 01:49 AM
Matt, That was a great comment you left on the site... RPF might have to use that as a template for "productive comment section posts" for left leaning sites...

For posterity, Matt's comment reads, in part:

A few thoughts…

I am actively trying to make the Republican Party an organization more friendly towards liberty. One must hold their fellow Republicans accountable in that process so as to regain credibility and eliminate hypocrisy. The Democrats should consider doing the same. Have any officers or the Party as a whole in Rutherford County called out President Obama for his continuation of President Bush’s warrantless spying program? Have any officers or the Party as a whole in Rutherford County called out President Obama or the Democrats in Congress for further expanding our government’s empirical foreign policies? If not then I challenge you to do so. In fact both Republicans and Democrats would be wise to clean up their own houses before they begin to throw stones.

silus
04-16-2010, 01:54 AM
If you put a face to the CFL they would think twice before criticizing. Doug Flutie and Warren Moon are great examples.

RM918
04-16-2010, 05:26 AM
Would it kill Matt to at least grin in photos sometimes? Geeze.

YumYum
04-16-2010, 05:33 AM
I will not waste another dime or my time with the Republican Party. I have more success spreading Ron Paul's message of liberty and freedom among Progressives than I do among Neo-cons. Neo-cons are fascists.

hugolp
04-16-2010, 05:55 AM
I will not waste another dime or my time with the Republican Party. I have more success spreading Ron Paul's message of liberty and freedom among Progressives than I do among Neo-cons. Neo-cons are fascists.

My case too. I think that when you come to libertarianism from the left it might be because of your language or your way of seeing life or whatever, I really dont know, but you have more success among lefties. Probably if you come from the right you have more success among right-wingers.

YumYum
04-16-2010, 06:06 AM
My case too. I think that when you come to libertarianism from the left it might be because of your language or your way of seeing life or whatever, I really dont know, but you have more success among lefties. Probably if you come from the right you have more success among right-wingers.

Right! And even if people don't agree, Dr. Paul sets a beautiful example of how we can debate the issue and not attack the person. Dr. Paul never says anything hateful about anyone.

RM918
04-16-2010, 06:09 AM

I figure the reason why this is is because a lot of progressives are progressives because of moral superiority. They really think that government subsidizing the poor, the sick and the elderly is going to solve their problems and everyone's problems forever. If you argue against that, you're immoral and just being greedy.

YumYum
04-16-2010, 06:13 AM
I figure the reason why this is is because a lot of progressives are progressives because of moral superiority. They really think that government subsidizing the poor, the sick and the elderly is going to solve their problems and everyone's problems forever. If you argue against that, you're immoral and just being greedy.

I beg to differ. Governmental, non-intervention, just cost the lives of 29 coal miners in West Virginia. Was the coal mining company being greedy?

RM918
04-16-2010, 06:28 AM
I beg to differ. Governmental, non-intervention, just cost the lives of 29 coal miners in West Virginia. Was the coal mining company being greedy?

Even if you had a government regulation for every possible scenario you could think of, you couldn't stop accidents.

Natalie
04-16-2010, 07:31 AM
I am actively trying to make the Republican Party an organization more friendly towards liberty. One must hold their fellow Republicans accountable in that process so as to regain credibility and eliminate hypocrisy. The Democrats should consider doing the same. Have any officers or the Party as a whole in Rutherford County called out President Obama for his continuation of President Bush’s warrantless spying program? Have any officers or the Party as a whole in Rutherford County called out President Obama or the Democrats in Congress for further expanding our government’s empirical foreign policies? If not then I challenge you to do so. In fact both Republicans and Democrats would be wise to clean up their own houses before they begin to throw stones.[/I]

I agree that MATT COLLINS!!! made some very good points with this reply. I wonder how the article writer is going to answer that. Pwned!

teacherone
04-16-2010, 07:41 AM
empirical=/= imperial

other than that awesome comments!

Matt Collins
04-16-2010, 08:04 AM
empirical=/= imperial

Yes I realized that the instant after I hit the "submit" button. :(

Matt Collins
04-16-2010, 08:10 AM
Would it kill Matt to at least grin in photos sometimes? Geeze.
That particular photo was shot after a very long and hard day at the beach and I was exhausted. Besides that, when I smile my cheeks get bigger and it makes my face look fatter which is why I don't do it in photos very often (if you must know) :):cool:

newbitech
04-16-2010, 08:22 AM
That particular photo was shot after a very long and hard day at the beach and I was exhausted. Besides that, when I smile my cheeks get bigger and it makes my face look fatter which is why I don't do it in photos very often (if you must know) :):cool:

speaking of smiling..

MelissaWV
04-16-2010, 08:24 AM
empirical=/= imperial

Democrats attack CFL.

Democrats attack me.

Democrats attack CFL and me. =/= Democrats attack CFL and myself.

I wasn't going there until you did :D

Valli6
04-16-2010, 09:23 AM
...when I smile my cheeks get bigger and it makes my face look fatter which is why I don't do it in photos very often (if you must know) :):cool:

As a fellow fat-face, I understand your plight. To counteract a wide face, you need to make your head look taller. (Hey, I'm an artist.) Keep the hair on the sides of your head tapered quite close to your skull, while allowing the top to be longer with more "body". This adds height, visually. Also, on a man, I think having neatly cut sideburns helps. Maybe you've heard how "vertical stripes make you look taller"? Neatly trimmed sideburns add a vertical element. Again, keep them tapered quite close to your face. Don't go for the Van Buren look!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Martin_Van_Buren_edit.jpg

Oh, and maybe a stovepipe hat.

MelissaWV
04-16-2010, 09:37 AM
As a fellow fat-face, I understand your plight. To counteract a wide face, you need to make your head look taller. (Hey, I'm an artist.) Keep the hair on the sides of your head tapered quite close to your skull, while allowing the top to be longer with more "body". This adds height, visually. Also, on a man, I think having neatly cut sideburns helps. Maybe you've heard how "vertical stripes make you look taller"? Neatly trimmed sideburns add a vertical element. Again, keep them tapered quite close to your face. Don't go for the Van Buren look!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Martin_Van_Buren_edit.jpg

Oh, and maybe a stovepipe hat.

Worked for this guy...

http://www.piratemerch.com/images/sloth_loves_chunk.jpg

DirtMcGirt
04-16-2010, 10:06 AM
Not to make a complete mockery of the comment section but Ben Bernanke and Nancy Pelosi have chimed in on the situation in Rutherford...:D

Valli6
04-16-2010, 10:58 AM
Worked for this guy...

http://www.piratemerch.com/images/sloth_loves_chunk.jpg
He forgot the sideburns!

Matt Collins
04-17-2010, 05:17 PM
The event went well. There were about 1000 people there. Here is a pic:

http://cmsimg.dnj.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Site=D4&Date=20100416&Category=PHOTOGALLERIES01&ArtNo=4160803&Ref=PH&Item=20&Maxw=542&Maxh=352&q=60

Full photo gallery is here:
http://www.dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Avis=D4&Dato=20100416&Kategori=PHOTOGALLERIES01&Lopenr=4160803&Ref=PH

An article about the event is here:
http://www.dnj.com/article/20100417/NEWS01/4170327/Tea-partiers-rally-toward-November

phill4paul
04-17-2010, 05:22 PM
The event went well. There were about 1000 people there. Here is a pic:

http://cmsimg.dnj.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Site=D4&Date=20100416&Category=PHOTOGALLERIES01&ArtNo=4160803&Ref=PH&Item=20&Maxw=542&Maxh=352&q=60

Full photo gallery is here:
http://www.dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Avis=D4&Dato=20100416&Kategori=PHOTOGALLERIES01&Lopenr=4160803&Ref=PH

An article about the event is here:
http://www.dnj.com/article/20100417/NEWS01/4170327/Tea-partiers-rally-toward-November

I'm sorry this photo holds no relevance. There is no one else(destined for greatness), nor ocean dwelling mammals, with you in this photo.:p

MelissaWV
04-17-2010, 05:25 PM
I'm sorry this photo holds no relevance. There is no one else(destined for greatness), nor ocean dwelling mammals, with you in this photo.:p

Pinky Ring 2016

SovereignMN
04-17-2010, 05:40 PM
You’re an EXTREMIST if you don’t shake someone’s hand? What next? Is ‘leaving one hanging’ going to be described as Dude Terrorism?

Best quote ever.

phill4paul
04-17-2010, 05:49 PM
Pinky Ring 2016

Relevance noted.

Matt Collins
04-17-2010, 06:32 PM
Pinky Ring 2016
:p;)

It's my dad's. It was hand made for him when he was in high school, and only fits me on that finger, that's why I wear it. :)

james1906
04-17-2010, 09:07 PM

Actually he's pointing to an attractive woman in the audience saying "After my speech, I'm taking a picture with you and posting it on the internet."

Matt Collins
04-17-2010, 09:23 PM
Actually he's pointing to an attractive woman in the audience saying "After my speech, I'm taking a picture with you and posting it on the internet."
:confused::( Grrr... I wish I would've thought of that then!

rancher89
04-17-2010, 09:26 PM
I am a proud owner of a "Matt Collins" autograph......picture to follow....

Matt Collins
04-17-2010, 09:40 PM
I am a proud owner of a "Matt Collins" autograph......picture to follow....
Now that I think of it, did you and I get a pic together in Atlanta? :confused: If not we should've!