PDA

View Full Version : Can't avoid death & taxes?

furface
04-15-2010, 08:02 PM
Does anybody know the history of this saying? It sounds very NWO to me, something that maybe a Roman emperor coined.

In fact the two are related in how governments steal from us. What I'd like to do with my money is prolong my life, spend money on medical research to do so. As a society one of the more important things we can do is find ways to prolong our lives. However, our federal government has a long list of things that are more important than allowing people to expend their efforts on prolonging their lives. For instance making the world safe for Israel, and securing markets in Iraq and Iran.

In this view taxes suck the very life out of us in a very real way. In a technologically advanced society, part of the guarantee of "life" is the guarantee that we can expend our labor on extending it, yet the government doesn't allow us to do that.

Taxation is an accessory to murder in that respect. It shortens our lives.

We can avoid death and taxes. We just have to have the will to do it.

Paulitical Correctness
04-15-2010, 08:05 PM
Actually, wasn't it Franklin?

furface
04-15-2010, 08:11 PM
I think Franklin said it, but this says Defoe was the first.

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/death-and-taxes.html

I guess I got the saying is wrong.

"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."

I think he's wrong.

justinc.1089
04-15-2010, 08:12 PM
Actually, wasn't it Franklin?

Nope, it was certainly Bush senior, Bill Gates, David Rockefeller, the queen, perhaps an official Builderberg group statement, or a CFR statement, or a Trilateral commission statement.

Lol jk

I have always thought the idea that taxes are unavoidable is a ridiculously stupid idea. All you have to do is decide you don't want to pay them, and if there aren't enough people to force you to, then there will be no more taxes to pay. Its something people decide themselves not something unavoidable. You can't force everyone to pay taxes if everyone decides they don't want to.