PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Democrat - D.C. Morrison

itshappening
04-15-2010, 09:52 AM
In AR (from Daily Kos)

Zata3 for Talk Business (Arkansas). 4/14. Likely Democratic voters. MoE 3% (No trend lines)

Blanche Lincoln (D) 38
Bill Halter (D) 31
D.C. Morrison 10
Undecided 20

Morrison is a conservadem who voted for Ron Paul in 2008. While 10 percent for an unknown candidate who isn't spending any money on the race looks hinkey, there could theoretically be a protest vote based on the negativity of the race. Lincoln's camp has been one non-stop smear campaign, while the independent expenditures by the labor unions on the pro-Halter side have been slamming Lincoln pretty hard. Lesser-known candidates have been known to score points by simply being "none of the above".
-

johnrocks
04-15-2010, 10:01 AM
It would be awesome if D.C. Morrison could grab the lion's share of the 20% that is still undecided, that race looks like it could be anybody's. When is election day ?

itshappening
04-15-2010, 10:17 AM
I think it's the same day as Rand's?

papak
04-15-2010, 10:21 AM
May 18th.

itshappening
04-15-2010, 11:00 AM
we need more Larry McDonald Democrats

itshappening
04-15-2010, 11:03 AM
Candidate DC Morrison

http://www.todaysthv.com/genthumb.ashx?e=3&h=240&w=320&i=/assetpool/images/100322073323_D.C. Morrison.01.jpg

D.C. Morrison joins a pool of three other Democratic candidates running for the U.S. Senate.

"We're running up bills in Washington, deficit spending that our children and grandchildren will have to pay, and I think our government is out of control with spending," says Morrison.

The Democrat goes on to say no one wants the death penalty but with a crime should come equal punishment.

"When you take an innocent life, viciously without reason, then you should pay with your life," says Morrison.

Some argue affirmative action has lost its way, even saying its use is no longer needed in this society. Morrison agrees with all of the above.

"It's time now to move past that and to give everybody and equal opportunity no matter the color of their skin or their background. Everybody is entitled to an opportunity in our economic system," says Morrison.

This next statement came just four days before Sunday's decision for a health care overall, where Morrison says less government involvement would produce the best outcome.

"My fear is that when the government has control of health care, the truly needy in our society, the members of our families and in our neighborhoods that are disabled, autistic and have health care problems at no fault of their own will be the ones that will really suffer," Morrison says.

Cap and trade, Morrison says, will actually decrease the amount energy, and says the so called facts of global warming are skeptical at best.

"Man can influence the local environment," says Morrison. "All you have to do is look back at the dust bowl or the dead zone at the end of the Mississippi River in the gulf, but no, I have my doubts about global warming," he adds.

And term limits, something the state of Arkansas has regulated within, but in Washington - well here's how Morrison explained it.

"In Washington, the term limit is dying in office. They get up there they stay forever, they create their little kingdom in Washington and they're insulated from the common folks that work everyday," says Morrison.

http://www.todaysthv.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=101518&catid=2

I like him, we should support him if he runs for a Democrat type seat in congress or whatever in AR

itshappening
04-15-2010, 11:06 AM
D.C for DC is kind of catchy

Stary Hickory
04-15-2010, 11:19 AM
Well it's hard to trust a Dem for me. After the HC bill vote I just can't trust them. However this guy looks allright. Is he serious or just saying this stuff? It's been a long time since a real libertarian Dem was in office. I only know of the one in the 70s and maybe early 80s.

If he truly means what he is saying and won't just vote with the Dems on stuff then fine, it does not matter what party it is as long as the proper principles and morality are followed.