PDA

View Full Version : Would you extend Obama's presidency to move election day to tax day?

Krugerrand
04-15-2010, 08:32 AM
I've always thought it would be helpful if people elected their officials on the same day taxes were due. I think we'd end up with a simpler tax system and elected officials that are less likely to spend money.

Of course, the twist would be how to get the elections from November to April. Would it be worth tacking another 5 months onto Obama's administration?

MelissaWV
04-15-2010, 08:40 AM
I've always thought it would be helpful if people elected their officials on the same day taxes were due. I think we'd end up with a simpler tax system and elected officials that are less likely to spend money.

Of course, the twist would be how to get the elections from November to April. Would it be worth tacking another 5 months onto Obama's administration?

Why not make it shorter? :D

I don't like the idea, personally, because I am very sure the IRS would find a way to "check" voters to ensure they've paid their taxes. The idea doesn't work out well, imo, but the logic is better than what we have now.

Sarge
04-15-2010, 08:52 AM
Kiss off millions of voters who spend the entire day trying to get their taxes done due to procrastination and a multitude of other reasons.

Let's see, do I go vote or stay home and get the taxes filed on time?

While it might be nice to have the vote that day, how about having the vote the day before while you are still festering on having to finish your taxes tomorrow?

Akus
04-15-2010, 09:15 AM
Personally, I think Obama needs to be renamed a King of America (that means Mexico and Canada as well) and kept in the Whitehouse for the rest of his life.

tangent4ronpaul
04-15-2010, 09:33 AM
I like the idea of shortening Obama's term best, but I voted yes for tax day and yes for extending Obama's term - so long as it was done in 2012/2013 and basically guaranteed that he wouldn't get a second term - that would be worth it!

-t