PDA

View Full Version : I think last night's debate proved one thing...

Starks
10-10-2007, 07:16 AM
While Ron didn't have much time to speak, it's quite obvious that Romney and Giuliani perceive him as a threat that is greater than Hunter, Brownback, Tancredo and possibly even Huckabee.

DjLoTi
10-10-2007, 07:17 AM
Everyone talks about those two candidates, but I still don't really know why. They're nowhere to go but down, and I think people are truly reading through the double-speak... much more then in previous elections.

Starks
10-10-2007, 07:28 AM
I still wonder why Tancredo and Hunter are even still in the race.

richard1984
10-10-2007, 07:30 AM
Everyone talks about those two candidates, but I still don't really know why. They're nowhere to go but down, and I think people are truly reading through the double-speak... much more then in previous elections.

I agree. Everyone is on a downward slope with the exception of Ron Paul. Even the "top teir" candidates are burning out fast (even faster than expected, perhaps). If the callers on Washington Journal are any indication of the average person's opinion, then by the end there really won't be any other GOP candidate with any sort of chance.

I really don't think a person like Giuliani will actually be able to sustain his front runner status. Once people really see who the hell he is (I assume that a lot of people who vote in the "scientific" polls have hardly even heard anything come out of his mouth--they get all their information from the news anchors and other second-hand sources).

I'm starting to have a difficult time seeing how Ron Paul can't win.

But I'm also tired, revved up on coffee, and being a bit too optimistic (i.e., not my normal rationally skeptical self at the moment :rolleyes:), but you know what I'm sayin'?

kylejack
10-10-2007, 07:32 AM

Matching funds to settle their debt. ;)

uncloned21
10-10-2007, 07:34 AM

...or Brownback

richard1984
10-10-2007, 07:34 AM

I don't know (this is the first time I've ever followed a presidential election), but do you think that it only seems like they're sticking around too long because we've been so into the presidential race for a good while now?
People who are usually just passive voters (the average person/voter, I assume) are only just now starting to pay any attention. They wait for their candidates to be decided by the corporate media, then they vote for the person in their party who has the best chances of winning.
I think that we've really turned this election cycle on its head. We're doing things that haven't ever been done before. We're a new, big-ass variable. And it's cool!
Maybe we're just ahead of schedule?

Starks
10-10-2007, 07:36 AM
It is imperative that we retain our dominance on the Internet and continue to push against the MSM (ie: Washington Journal this morning).

speciallyblend
10-10-2007, 07:40 AM
It is imperative that we retain our dominance on the Internet and continue to push against the MSM (ie: Washington Journal this morning).

We Need To Hold The MSM ACCOUNTABLE

dsentell
10-10-2007, 07:58 AM
On my way to work today, I was listening to IRN News at the top of the hour, on an AM talk radio station. They were addressing the debate, Fred said this, Rudy said that, all the usual. But then they played ONE sound clip from the debate and it was RON PAUL talking about the US being in a recession!

IRN News Rocks! Support Them!!

www.irnnews.com

LibertyEagle
10-10-2007, 08:03 AM

Yeah, ok. But, to date we are totally ignoring all the people who are NOT on the internet. For these people, we have done about zippo. I know it's hard to imagine, but there are TONS of people who do not use the internet at all, or even if they have it, they have dial-up.

Please people. There is no other way to do it. We have simply GOT to get out there, conduct ourselves like ladies and gentlemen and start passing out campaign literature in our own towns and cities. It's going to take way more than dominating the internet or doing sign-wavings. If we are going to stand a chance in hell of winning, we are going to have to do it the old-fashioned way, at this point. Maybe at some time in the future, a campaign can totally be won on the internet, but we are not at that point yet.

Please, please go outside and start passing out campaign literature and remember as you do so, that you are representing Dr. Paul.

kylejack
10-10-2007, 08:04 AM
Yeah, ok. But, to date we are totally ignoring all the people who are NOT on the internet. For these people, we have done about zippo.
Speak for yourself. ronpaulmeetupvideos.com

dantheman
10-10-2007, 08:25 AM
He's not just a threat to Rudy and Romney, he's a threat to the establishment. Every time Ron Paul mentions shutting down the Federal Reserve and doing away with the income tax, the Rockefellers freak out. If the rich aren't going to get richer, then they aren't going to support Dr. Paul. That's the bottom line. Ron Paul is for change, and most people hate change. But if they woke up to the truth surrounding them and realized all that is wrong with this country, they'd vote for him without hesitation...

fj45lvr
10-10-2007, 08:39 AM
Look what former President Andrew Jackson said about it on March 4,1837:

We are not left to conjecture how the moneyed power, thus organized and with such a weapon in its hands, would be likely to use it. The distress and alarm which pervaded and agitated the whole country when the Bank of the United States waged war upon the people in order to compel them to submit to its demands cannot yet be forgotten. The ruthless and unsparing temper with which whole cities and communities were oppressed, individuals impoverished and ruined, and a scene of cheerful prosperity suddenly changed into one of gloom and despondency ought to be indelibly impressed on the memory of the people of the United States. If such was its power in a time of peace, what would it not have been in a season of war with an enemy at your doors? No nation but the freemen of the United States could have come out victorious from such a contest; yet, if you had not conquered, the Government would have passed from the hands of the many to the hands of the few; and this organized money power, from its secret conclave, would have dictated the choice of your highest officers and compelled you to make peace or war as best suited their own wishes. The forms of your government might, for a time, have remained; but its living spirit would have departed from it.

The distress and sufferings inflicted on the people by the bank are some of the fruits of that system of policy which is continually striving to enlarge the authority of the Federal Government beyond the limits fixed by the Constitution. The powers enumerated in that instrument do not confer on Congress the right to establish such a corporation as the Bank of the United States; and the evil consequences which followed may warn us of the danger of departing from the true rule of construction and of permitting temporary circumstances or the hope of better promoting the public welfare to influence, in any degree, our decisions upon the extent of the authority of the General Government. Let us abide by the Constitution as it is written or amend it in the constitutional mode if it is found to be defective...

The paper money system and its natural associates, monopoly and exclusive privileges, have already struck their roots deep in the soil; and it will require all your efforts to check its further growth and to eradicate the evil. The men who profit by the abuses and desire to perpetuate them will continue to besiege the halls of legislation in the General Government as well as in the States and will seek, by every artifice, to mislead and deceive the public servants. It is to yourselves that you must look for safety and the means of guarding and perpetuating your free institutions. In your hands is rightfully placed the sovereignty of the country and to you every one placed in authority is ultimately responsible. It is always in your power to see that the wishes of the people are carried into faithful execution, and their will, when once made known, must sooner or later be obeyed. And while the people remain, as I trust they ever will, uncorrupted and incorruptible and continue watchful and jealous of their rights, the Government is safe, and the cause of freedom will continue to triumph over all its enemies."

LibertyEagle
10-10-2007, 08:42 AM
Speak for yourself. ronpaulmeetupvideos.com

Neat page of videos. I must be missing what you are saying though. If a person doesn't have internet access, how is it that you think they are going to view these? :confused:

Primbs
10-10-2007, 08:49 AM
While Ron Paul is a threat we still have to get Ron Paul into double digits in the polls to be taken more seriously by the main stream media. There will be lag time with this, so efforts taken this month may not pay off till December.

Then Ron Paul has to fight the media distortions of his record.

kylejack
10-10-2007, 08:55 AM
Neat page of videos. I must be missing what you are saying though. If a person doesn't have internet access, how is it that you think they are going to view these? :confused:
Yeah, I think you did miss what I was saying. You say nothing is being done to get to people who are not on the internet and I show you a bunch of videos of people out on the streets waving signs, handing out slim jims, and getting Ron Paul into the real world. So when you say that nothing's being done to get Ron into the real world, I say speak for yourself. And of course, there are the ads being run in newspapers.

allyinoh
10-10-2007, 09:00 AM
Does anyone get the same feeling that Romney, Guiliani, and Fred thompson don't really care about winning or losing?

I compare them to the kid who really isn't into sports but his parents want him to try out for soccer so he does but he doesn't care if he makes the team or not because he doesn't want to play to begin with.

Anyone else see that (or something close lol)?

emilysdad
10-10-2007, 09:23 AM
Yeah, I think you did miss what I was saying. You say nothing is being done to get to people who are not on the internet and I show you a bunch of videos of people out on the streets waving signs, handing out slim jims, and getting Ron Paul into the real world. So when you say that nothing's being done to get Ron into the real world, I say speak for yourself. And of course, there are the ads being run in newspapers.

Exactly. I visit this board daily, but don't post because I rather not be belittled by board guru's. I spend my time on the streets, not online.

http://www.grassrootsronpaul.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=200

We have been seen by over 5,000 people a week for three months.

We stay fairly busy.

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/114/calendar/

Yes, some should speak for themselves.

With regard to this topic, don't worry about MSM. The important thing is to spread the word anyway possible. Ron needs money to stay in the race. When the field dwindles to 4 or 5, MSM will have no choice but to cover Ron and that's when he will take over. Just keep spreading the word, everything will fall into place.

Matt Collins
10-10-2007, 09:55 AM
Huckabee and Fred are our biggest threats - they will draw the most votes away from RP. We should concentrate there!

Matt Collins
10-10-2007, 10:04 AM
It is imperative that we retain our dominance on the Internet and continue to push against the MSM (ie: Washington Journal this morning).Remember that only 30% of voters are proficient on the Net!

TruckinMike
10-10-2007, 06:43 PM
As for Thompson... He is easy.

This a website with his entire non-conservative record.

http://conservativesagainstfred.wordpress.com/

Truckinmike

Corydoras
10-10-2007, 10:29 PM
Does anyone get the same feeling that Romney, Guiliani, and Fred thompson don't really care about winning or losing?

I think Rudy wants it, wants it very much, and I am concerned that this alone may make him more likely to win, because he so clearly wants it more than the other two.

american.swan
10-11-2007, 12:32 AM
Yeah, ok. But, to date we are totally ignoring all the people who are NOT on the internet. For these people, we have done about zippo. I know it's hard to imagine, but there are TONS of people who do not use the internet at all, or even if they have it, they have dial-up.

Please people. There is no other way to do it. We have simply GOT to get out there, conduct ourselves like ladies and gentlemen and start passing out campaign literature in our own towns and cities. It's going to take way more than dominating the internet or doing sign-wavings. If we are going to stand a chance in hell of winning, we are going to have to do it the old-fashioned way, at this point. Maybe at some time in the future, a campaign can totally be won on the internet, but we are not at that point yet.

Please, please go outside and start passing out campaign literature and remember as you do so, that you are representing Dr. Paul.

Right!! put up Ron paul signs near nursing homes...and churches.

Gradient
10-11-2007, 01:24 AM
FACT: the ESTABLISHMENT is scared of Ron Paul

ronpaulhawaii
10-11-2007, 01:31 AM
LE's broad brush aside, she has a good point.

He's not just a threat to Rudy and Romney, he's a threat to the establishment. Every time Ron Paul mentions shutting down the Federal Reserve and doing away with the income tax, the Rockefellers freak out. If the rich aren't going to get richer, then they aren't going to support Dr. Paul. That's the bottom line. Ron Paul is for change, and most people hate change. But if they woke up to the truth surrounding them and realized all that is wrong with this country, they'd vote for him without hesitation...

Those pathetic, cigar sucking old men are a dying breed, ridicule them every chance you get.

Yes, it seems they are supporting Hillary

Huckabee and Fred are our biggest threats - they will draw the most votes away from RP. We should concentrate there!

I think we should concentrate on voters (and the disenchanted who have stopped voting).

my2¢

Man from La Mancha
10-11-2007, 02:21 AM

I compare them to the kid who really isn't into sports but his parents want him to try out for soccer so he does but he doesn't care if he makes the team or not because he doesn't want to play to begin with.

Anyone else see that (or something close lol)?

Of course they are controlled by the same puppet masters of the Democrats . It's just like fake pro wrestling they are just making their money for the show and taking the fall to put in place the elites chosen puppet.

Grandson of Liberty
10-11-2007, 02:54 AM
Romney will have to ask his lawyers when he should drop out of the race. ;)

Nefertiti
10-11-2007, 04:46 AM
They aren't probably going to be entirely in the race. Last night at our meetup it was mentioned that they expect only 3 or 4 candidates to field delegates on the ballot here in Illinois. That's because the other candidates simply don't have enough people on the ground to collect the petition signatures to get them on the ballot. I suspect that means Ron Paul, Ghouliani, Romney and perhaps Thompson. But that really goes to show you how well we are doing so far. I don't know how it works in other states though. The others I suspect are just hoping to get the VP nomination.