PDA

View Full Version : Use the registry to build your meetups

carla8478
06-07-2007, 01:08 AM
There is a Ron Paul registry at: http://www.ronpaulregistry.com/index.php

One, I suggest everyone sign it. And two, I found it to be a great tool to help with local meetup groups.

Just today I scrolled through the list looking for anyone in my state and then my area. Then I compared the list of names to the list of members already signed up for the meetup. I found a few new names. I looked up their phone numbers on anywho.com and gave them a call. They were both very thankful that I contacted them because they were passionate Ron Paul supporters but hadn't heard about the meetup group yet. One of them has already signed up.

So you might want to check the list of names and see if there are more people in your area. It's not like telemarketing because you already know they're a Ron Paul supporter before you call.

denvervoipguru
06-08-2007, 05:22 AM
I imported the names into an Excel file and have it sorted by State.

If you want a copy, PM me.

carla8478
06-08-2007, 10:39 AM
Great idea, but the list gets bigger everyday. Are you going to update it periodically?

denvervoipguru
06-09-2007, 09:23 PM
Great idea, but the list gets bigger everyday. Are you going to update it periodically?

I sure can

mdh
06-09-2007, 09:36 PM
I emailed the contact@ronpaulregistry.com address a few days ago asking if they would be willing to help me contact other folks in my area, but sadly never got a response. There are also a few scattered bogus entries on there (Rudy Giuliani from NYC was on there) etc. I dunno if anyone's at the helm. Not everyone can be found through anywho.com so it'd be really nice if they'd be willing to help folks who are trying to organize at the local level to get things rolling with contact info for the others who sign up.

anewvoice
06-16-2007, 11:30 AM
GREAT IDEA. We need as many ways to contact targetted Ron Paul supporters as possible.

Anyone know of any other lists that have potential Ron Paul supporters?

carla8478
06-17-2007, 11:34 PM
Just do what you can. I have a few names I can't find either. You won't be able to if they've regsitered as unlisted with the phone company. And I doubt the people hosting the registry would be able to help. I don't think their sign up form gathers more information than what you see displayed. Just do what you can & see the glass as half full. You got some names from your state that you might not have had before.

I contacted a couple of people successfully from that list. They were very happy to hear from me.