PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to share some thoughts....

BLS
04-15-2010, 04:16 AM
Anybody who was here back in 07/08 probably knows/remembers me.

I was/am a die-hard Ronpublican.

I went through an awakening when watching a youtube video of the first Republican debate was aired in May of 2007. I was blown away; and I'm sure we all have our stories of "where I was when I learned of Ron Paul".

I became involved in politics for the first time in my life. It was something I would NEVER have even cared one bit for. Ron Paul, indeed, changed my life.

I spent the next 18 or so months donating, making signs, making youtube videos (one that got me 4th place in a nationwide contest), and generally CRAMMING Ron Paul into everybody's ear.

After Super Tuesday I was spent. Before then, I was sure Americans were smart enough to see what was going on. They were smart enough to see our modern day Thomas Jefferson standing on stage speaking truth to power.

I was wrong. They bought hope and change delivered via a MSM sound and lightshow that Bon Jovi or Van Halen would be proud of. I took a step back and realized that there is much learning to be done yet.

Then the economy took a dump. Just as Ron predicted.
Jobs were lost, government spending got ramped up, more liberties taken away, my retirement cut in half, and my house value degraded by 25% in less than 6 months. But this horrible occurrence also did something wonderful.

It made people pay attention.

I am and will always be a Ron Paul supporter. To my last breath I will preach to those who care to listen about us missing our chance for recovery from tyranny. And I was certain this was all we had to build on. C4L was created from excess campaign dollars and more and more people know about Ron.

Yes, there's rampant hate from the Neocons and the warmongers, but that's to be expected. They simply don't understand the concepts yet.

But one thing that I've noticed lately is that we are slowly being presented with a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and I believe it's VERY critical we use this to the best of our advantage.

The economy sucks. Ron is winning or tieing straw poll after poll.
He's neck and neck in legit Rasmussen polls. And while I honestly dismissed all of it (until today's Rasmussen) as my fellow Ronpublicans being diligent, honest, organized and, as always, tenacious till the end, I realized that the word is spreading. People are listening.

There was a saying back in the campaign for 2008 that quoted Ghandi.
First they ignore you,
Then they laugh at you,
Then they fight you,
Then you win.

It was our battle cry. It was how we got through Fox berating him on national debates. It was what kept us believing. But deep down inside, all of us knew they were out to keep him down and he had little chance of winning.

We were the underdogs. Plain and simple.

I'm getting the feeling, we're NO longer the underdogs amongst the sheep.
But we are amongst the MSM, and we must be VERY CAREFUL about how we use this momentum. The Tea Parties were created by Ron Paul people, and now Sarah Palin (as much as I give her props...she's not my gal) is guest speaker at every event. The GOP is DESPERATE to take over those Tea Parties and with their money they are slowly phasing us out. Honestly, I don't know how to win that battle, but it must be devious and deliberate in order to defeat the GOP machine that has stepped in. I'm interested in opinions.

However, something I sincerely think we need to note is we aren't the underdog anymore. The GOP's mainstream voter; the neocon, the war monger; they won't accept Paul. But they WILL vote for him if that's the only choice against Obama. They'll have to. Because they hate Obama that much.

This thread is intended for a place to share ideas on HOW TO WIN THE GOP NOMINATION. Because if we win that, Paul will be our next President.

With that being said, I'd like to suggest a couple of things.

1. Stop the way you think. We are no longer the darkhorse. We are the leader. Act that way. Talk with confidence about Ron to friends and family. Tell them about his plans to reduce .gov spending. Or about how to address issues like Health Care or immigration.

2. DO NOT ENGAGE those who wish to call him a 'kook', 'isolationist' or 'loon'.
Instead...REVERSE the tables on them. Use Ghandi's approach. IGNORE THEM.
Those who try to stand up and say "Ron's a LOON" and get NO reply....look like the loon. We used to try to justify Ron to others, now we must embrace a policy of IGNORING THEM. Do not give them any credibility by engaging in the argument. Instead, make them look foolish/fringe/outside the mainstream.

3. Pick your battles. Don't try to convert a dissuaded Obama voter by saying the Fed is evil and 9/11 needs more investigation. Use Mainstream talking points. Fiscal responsibility, less government, more freedom. It's a means to an end. Remember that. You cannot go around trying to inform a sheep that he's actually a slave in 5 minutes and expect him to not think you're the one who's nuts. Keep your points SMART. We'll worry about the Fed, the 16th and other stuff ONCE HE"S IN THE WHITE HOUSE. Stay focused. Keep your eye on the prize.

Sorry about the long rant. Please provide input.

I would like to see some well thought ideas on how to get the Tea Partiers (the REAL people out there, not the wanna be Republican/Sean Hannity-lovin nimrods) to support an anti-establishment guy like Ron.

How do we do capture this independant movement?
How do we use it to advance Ron Paul to POTUS?
We cannot use the old methods. They have proven to be insufficient. Not wrong, but not sufficient.

Thoughts?

pacelli
04-15-2010, 04:24 AM
Nice to see you posting again! Here are some suggestions that looked at challenges we created for ourselves in the presidential campaign, and how to make more successful decisions the next time around:

(Quote=DeborahK, link to original thread below)

1. Instead of fighting the media, we need to infiltrate and use them. Judge Nap is our beginning.

2. We should put together a list of people WE would want to run his campaign.

3. We should start thinking about running mates and cabinet members we would suggest to him.

4. We need to become familiar with the tactics of the opposition and use their own tactics against them.

Edit: I'm going to start listing your ideas here as they come in, so they're in one location. Let me know if I miss any:

1. Start early, start now, build on the momentum.

2. An up-to-date DVD available with Ron Paul footage on the main issues, as well as video endorsements from many media outlets

3. Mistake: Too many moneybombs and individuals/groups jumping on the cash bandwagon last time.

Correction: We should have 1 moneybomb per QUARTER, and inform the campaign ahead of time so they can plan accordingly. Any non-campaign fundraisers should be prepared to deal with extensive questions to prevent another Ringside Revolution / Ron Paul Racing scam. The blimp was fun and got free advertising, but didn't get Ron Paul elected, therefore it was a mistake that should not be funded again.

4. a.The ads were pathetic- Let the grassroots make the ads and vote on them like the youtube debate ad

b. The campaign proved themselves inept on numerous occasions in 2007- hopefully the mistakes will be learned from and some good campaign managers/staff will evolve from this years liberty candidates

c. Organize Ron Paul (Revolution?) Marches like the one in Austin back in Oct 07... do these countrywide regularly in 2011 to show our numbers and spread the message.

5. We should focus on Iowa and New Hampshire

6. This time, be nice to them (media). No chasing Hannity. If you really must, go at him screaming "Obama's Number ONE!"

7. Become an elector: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...come+an+electo

8. We need to bus liberty-loving students from colleges and universities to Ames for the IA straw poll in August 2011 to match Romney's bussing of Mormons.

9. We should fund commercials and set up interviews with local radio and TV stations in Iowa and New Hampshire et al.

10. We need TV ads that look and sound professional, that really glorify Ron and give him an emotional appeal.

11. duplicate

12. See post #59

13. The most important thing we can do to help Ron Paul in 2012 is to get as many Ron Paul endorsed candidates elected in 2010. Each one that wins is someone that can turn around and immediately endorse Ron Paul (or whoever ends up running) the following year.

14. What we do need to do is focus on a team of people to get things done in the first 5 primary states. If we can beat Mitt in Michigan, we can win the nomination. Ron *can* win Iowa, and 2 in a row would be NH! If he wins Michigan he's nearly won the election.

15. Instead of donating $600,000 on a blimp, we could have major local events in Iowa

16. We could get far more mileage out of a serious highway billboard campaign in the key early primary states.

17. I remember Nathan Estey proposing Ron Paul truck billboards be rented that would circle the highways at rush hours to keep Paul's name in front of commuters. Or how about using the cash to pay for a network of Paul speakers to make presentations at veterans clubs and senior centers, to get his message out in front of live likely voters?

18. Infiltrate all Tea Parties and 9/12 groups in Iowa.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=232814

bobbyw24
04-15-2010, 04:29 AM
I think everyone here should read, reflect and act upon BLS' words.

angelatc
04-15-2010, 05:30 AM
Welcome home, BLS.

The only thing I would add is we need to bring others on board. I think this is especially true for the youngsters. When you're going to a TEA party or a CFL meeting to hear a speaker, or anywhere that involves the movement, take 1 person with you. Somebody who hasn't gone in the past, some one who hasn't heard actually heard what our speakers say.

Chester Copperpot
04-15-2010, 06:02 AM
Yeah I think its safe to say that those of us in the liberty community are probably the hub of political talk within our own families.. and that people look towards us when they have political questions.

To that end, educating and informing our spheres of influence is key to winning back this country..

Death by a million paper cuts for the NWO.

Bruno
04-15-2010, 06:18 AM
Excellent post, OP!

amy31416
04-15-2010, 06:37 AM
Welcome back, and I especially like:

1. Stop the way you think. We are no longer the darkhorse. We are the leader. Act that way. Talk with confidence about Ron to friends and family. Tell them about his plans to reduce .gov spending. Or about how to address issues like Health Care or immigration.

hamilton1049
04-15-2010, 07:19 AM
Good thread keep it going

BLS
04-15-2010, 01:16 PM
Welcome home, BLS.

The only thing I would add is we need to bring others on board. I think this is especially true for the youngsters. When you're going to a TEA party or a CFL meeting to hear a speaker, or anywhere that involves the movement, take 1 person with you. Somebody who hasn't gone in the past, some one who hasn't heard actually heard what our speakers say.

Thank you. It's been a while.

I agree. The idea is to bring as many new faces as we can get.

pcosmar
04-15-2010, 01:20 PM
Thank you. It's been a while.

I agree. The idea is to bring as many new faces as we can get.
Excellent.
Welcome back

I think we will be seeing many old "faces" soon. ;)

Elwar
04-15-2010, 01:24 PM
The Tea Parties were created by Ron Paul people, and now Sarah Palin (as much as I give her props...she's not my gal) is guest speaker at every event. The GOP is DESPERATE to take over those Tea Parties and with their money they are slowly phasing us out. Honestly, I don't know how to win that battle, but it must be devious and deliberate in order to defeat the GOP machine that has stepped in. I'm interested in opinions.

Thoughts?

That's why I feel that we need to have a huge Moneybomb on Dec. 16, 2010 highlighting the Boston Tea Party, highlighting the Tea Parties of 2007...

Let the Tea Party folks see their roots. Let them know that the way forward is through Ron Paul. Make that day huge so that people start talking about it at Christmas time and have it ingrained in their heads that Ron Paul will lead the Tea Party to a Republican victory.

BLS
04-15-2010, 01:41 PM
That's why I feel that we need to have a huge Moneybomb on Dec. 16, 2010 highlighting the Boston Tea Party, highlighting the Tea Parties of 2007...

Let the Tea Party folks see their roots. Let them know that the way forward is through Ron Paul. Make that day huge so that people start talking about it at Christmas time and have it ingrained in their heads that Ron Paul will lead the Tea Party to a Republican victory.

I think a huge, well-organized money bomb would be great in conjunction with a country wide announcement that Ron Paul IS the Tea Party candidate.

How do we accomplish that?

itshappening
04-15-2010, 02:00 PM
I had a thread about the path to the nomination

we need to win Iowa and NH, we need to moneybomb Ron so he has 10 million to go to war with in these states, flood the airwaves and organize patriots. A ruthless and efficient campaign and also attack Romney or any other upstart

Sen. Rand Paul will also be invaluable in Iowa as he will appeal to them and when he is elected will have added credibility

purplechoe
04-15-2010, 02:47 PM
The funny thing is that I had pretty much the same thoughts the other day... If we can get our shit together, go all out and get Ron the nomination for the Republican party, he will be president!!!

I'm all in for 2012...

http://www.stumplane.us/img/allin.jpg

silus
04-15-2010, 02:52 PM
good post

JoshLowry
04-15-2010, 03:31 PM
I think a huge, well-organized money bomb would be great in conjunction with a country wide announcement that Ron Paul IS the Tea Party candidate.

Since we don't know what date he is announcing we could have a money bomb date that is set off and goes for the next 24 hours whenever he officially announces.

I registered www.2012KickOff.com (http://www.2012KickOff.com) earlier today.

paperplane
04-15-2010, 05:28 PM
Since we don't know what date he is announcing we could have a money bomb date that is set off and goes for the next 24 hours whenever he officially announces.

I registered www.2012KickOff.com (http://www.2012KickOff.com) earlier today.

awesome!! when do "WE BOMB FOR RON"!!!??

catdd
04-15-2010, 05:43 PM
It seems the worm has finally turned.

Ninja Homer
04-19-2010, 07:07 AM
Hey BLS, welcome back. How are your signs doing?

I have a few ideas, and I'll post them here later after I've thought them through a little more.

rnestam
04-19-2010, 08:57 AM

At first I was thinking a Dec. 16th Bomb might be overshadowed by the many national Teal Party events stealing the thunder...if the MSM has something else to talk about they will, and Palin speaking in front of a few hundred thousand people somewhere is just what they will need to try and push RP out of the tea Party spotlight on "our" biggest day. BUT, having a completely unheard of day could be the greatest thing for us and put RP right back on top of the the biggest movement going on now.

How do we do it? I just read a thread about the poll conducted putting support for RP right at the top with Palin...I think, if possible, we try and set up donation sites at every major Tea Party event that will be going on, an easy way for anyone walking by, hot dog in hand, to swipe there credit card while watching the ticker rise and rise all day. I bet we could triple, if not more, anything we are imagining we could raise that day. These people agree with us, people in general like to be part of history, and if we are at 6 mill by noontime and actively pulling in protesters on the street to join, it could be an unmatchable MONSTER day for donations, and cement us as the path to follow for 2012...I honestly see tens upon tens of thousands of donations we wouldn't have gotten depending on the protest turnouts...

Can this be done?

Working Poor
04-19-2010, 09:58 AM
((((BLS))) good to see you!

We get more flys with sugar than vinegar. Do not belittle anyone for their thoughts or concerns when they talk about Ron Paul. Even if they are parroting blatant lies they may well be misinformed by someone they trust. We must be courteous and sympathetic because we know that people have been believing lies for a very long time. TPTB are not going to lay down and not fight so keep that in mind too.

BLS
04-19-2010, 10:08 AM
Hey BLS, welcome back. How are your signs doing?

I have a few ideas, and I'll post them here later after I've thought them through a little more.

The signs are all gone. The first one someone stole, the 2nd one was blown away during a huge storm. But I have reserves in the garage. :D

lx43
04-19-2010, 12:54 PM
First we need to get Rand elected to office. That would be a HUGE help and a big booster of confidence in the freedom movement.

BuddyRey
04-19-2010, 07:21 PM
Awesome testimonial!

ord33
04-19-2010, 08:28 PM
How do we do it? I just read a thread about the poll conducted putting support for RP right at the top with Palin...I think, if possible, we try and set up donation sites at every major Tea Party event that will be going on, an easy way for anyone walking by, hot dog in hand, to swipe there credit card while watching the ticker rise and rise all day. I bet we could triple, if not more, anything we are imagining we could raise that day. These people agree with us, people in general like to be part of history, and if we are at 6 mill by noontime and actively pulling in protesters on the street to join, it could be an unmatchable MONSTER day for donations, and cement us as the path to follow for 2012...I honestly see tens upon tens of thousands of donations we wouldn't have gotten depending on the protest turnouts...

Can this be done?

I think this is a great idea conceptually. The only way I can think of realistically doing the ticker is to put it on someone's laptop computer though and I'm not sure if that would grab much attention. Unless you can run the computer to a large TV or something (I'm not very electronicallly advanced so I don't even know if that is plausible). The number of people that could bring this setup to major events may be low though. I think the premise of at least having a booth setup where people can donate is great. How would we ensure it isn't a scam though. I would be a little hesitant giving my credit card information to someone at a Tea Party.

speciallyblend
04-19-2010, 08:48 PM
welcome back BLS,16-9 delegate vote in favor of local RON PAUL REPUBLICAN:) for County Seat in Colorado!!!! Doing something right??:)

rnestam
04-20-2010, 08:39 AM
I think this is a great idea conceptually. The only way I can think of realistically doing the ticker is to put it on someone's laptop computer though and I'm not sure if that would grab much attention. Unless you can run the computer to a large TV or something (I'm not very electronicallly advanced so I don't even know if that is plausible). The number of people that could bring this setup to major events may be low though. I think the premise of at least having a booth setup where people can donate is great. How would we ensure it isn't a scam though. I would be a little hesitant giving my credit card information to someone at a Tea Party.

Someone on another thread mentioned "texting" in a donation like everyone did with haiti...Maybe just booths with huge "Text: 1776 to RP2012" signs and have it auto donate, laptops running to large screens showing the ticker...Again, logistically not sure if possible on tracking the campaign donations etc...but tons of really smart people here that could set it up.

JVParkour
04-20-2010, 09:22 AM
It is important that we get local positions that have influence on what happens at the tea parties. If we can play a part on choosing the speakers, we are golden.

I also think that groups of 10 or so people could do a lot of damage at big tea party rallies. They could spread out in the crowd and each hold up a differnt looking and unique liberty and rp promoting sign. Or something that points at the faults of mainstream neocons. They have alienated us, let's alienate them. Though, if we are attacking neocon values to make them appear more fringe, I think it is importan to not be connected with Ron while doing so. I think if people see a half dozen of different ron Paul signs at every rally, when no one is holding up a Romney or palin sign, that would be crucial.

We need to find Ron Paul landowners near roads that we can put signs and billboards on for free.

I'll think of more later.

JVParkour
04-25-2010, 08:06 PM
bump...i think this is important