PDA

View Full Version : The new meme among the foaming at the mouth wing of the GOP.

Anti Federalist
04-14-2010, 08:31 PM
We are all employed by leftists.

Yeah, that's it, we're all counter agents working to sink the precious GOP.

I'm seeing this pop up more and more.

Just a couple of samples from redstate, along with a selection of general bilge from the comments on Ron's poll numbers against Obama:

hxxp://www.redstate.com/neil_stevens/2010/04/14/rasmussen-polls-ron-paul/

It’s to the Democrats advantage to push someone that will pull the Republicans/Conservatives apart. Anything, everything and whatever it takes to win is all on the table.

Paul is something that can get in the way of a republican sweep in 2012. If people keep trying to give credibility to that lunatic and suck away people who should know better, the democrats could keep control and finish the destruction of this country in a second Obama term.

I’d be more likely to think that it is the democrats who are pushing Ron Paul. He is their best hope for retaining control of the government in 2012.

Paul and his paleo-bircher Libertarian supporters are either Politically Ignorant OR working for the left.

There is absolutely Zero chance he can ever get much real support in a real campaign. Last time around he was basically ingored and not taken seriously….with the MSM giving the one Republican with a Racist and Conspiratorial Crackpot past that is well documented a past(for obvious Leftist Political reasons).

But if the poll is biased Obama isn’t quite as weak as it would appear. Shame on Paul and his supporters if they really are manipulating this. 2012 will be a critical election and we need to dispense with the shenanigans.

All the Ronulans need is more headlines like this and they will bolt the GOP and the Ronulan Overlord will run on the CFL ticket thus ensuring President Zero another term.
These people are unbelievable.

Ron Paul has been a total embarrassment to the Republican party. He probably should have stayed with his first love, the Libertarians. He has bastardized the principles of both, to the point of making no sense. He is in it for himself, and his own “fame.” Good Lord he hasn’t done anything to deserve it.

About 1/3 of those on the list are squishes or are totally in bed with Texas big business interests. The house reps listed represent only a littlle over 1/3 of Texas state reps.

Ron Paul is not a conservative. He is a nut. He does however have some double sharp staffers that probably are the only reason he has not been taken to the state hospital in Wichita Falls.

Cowlesy
04-14-2010, 08:35 PM
How do you read that shit?

Man I am going to need an Aleve before I go to bed.

Thing is, after that Rasmussen poll, those people are simply that 6% (loud 6%) that have a strongly unfavorable view of Paul.

Nine times out of ten, that is because of his George-Washington-Farewell-Address foreign policy.

noxagol
04-14-2010, 08:36 PM
It's all foreign policy based. No one wants to give up the lost wars.

TC95
04-14-2010, 08:42 PM
nearly any Republican in the field could beat or tie Obama right now. It’s not really that suprising that Ron Paul only trails by a point.

And Obama beat everyone else by DOUBLE DIGITS! Those idiots just don't get it. They think that if Ron Paul can stand a chance against Obama then that means any republican can. WRONG!

Anti Federalist
04-14-2010, 08:44 PM
How do you read that shit?

Man I am going to need an Aleve before I go to bed.

Thing is, after that Rasmussen poll, those people are simply that 6% (loud 6%) that have a strongly unfavorable view of Paul.

Nine times out of ten, that is because of his George-Washington-Farewell-Address foreign policy.

I'm taking one for the team brother.

There was much more like that, but I only throw myself on one virtual grenade a day.

Agorism
04-14-2010, 08:47 PM
I noted the DailyPaul and Redstate get about the same alexa traffic.

Ronpaulforums just behind them.

Kind of amusing.

Cowlesy
04-14-2010, 08:50 PM
I'm taking one for the team brother.

There was much more like that, but I only throw myself on one virtual grenade a day.

You're a better man than me. I just cannot handle those sites anymore.

Even we step back and review all the candidates for what they are before just calling them "LOONY NUT-JOBS."

Thing is, they're just the other complete opposite fringe. I mean we are not the right-wing fringe --- there are a couple perhaps, but I've seen the newsletters of the super-fringers, and they ain't us.

Ron Paul is rising in popularity despite those jerk-off's smears. We will continue to aid in his increasing popularity no matter what they barf in internet comments.

Anti Federalist
04-14-2010, 08:51 PM

Which is not rational.

Which is why RP does so well amongst the "non affiliated".

These insane bastards have hitched their cart to the war wagon and will not get off it.

They will be like the sad, small contingents of people that you see in Russia, pining for a return to Stalinist communism after all this goes kerflooey.

They cannot understand that, even granting their premise, which I don't, that all these wars are needed to beat back the Muslim Menace, we are broke and can't afford it.

Like a drunk or gambling addict, they continue in the self destructive behavior even to the point of destroying themselves.

Cowlesy
04-14-2010, 08:52 PM
Which is not rational.

These insane bastards have hitched their cart to the war wagon and will not get off it.

They will be like the sad, small contingents of people that you see in Russia, pining for a return to Stalinist communism after all this goes kerflooey.

They cannot understand that, even granting their premise, which I don't, that all these wars are needed to beat back the Muslim Menace, we are broke and can't afford it.

Like a drunk or gambling addict, they continue in the self destructive behavior even to the point of destroying themselves.

AF for POTUS.

Anti Federalist
04-14-2010, 08:52 PM
See the above^^^ ;)

You're a better man than me. I just cannot handle those sites anymore.

Even we step back and review all the candidates for what they are before just calling them "LOONY NUT-JOBS."

Thing is, they're just the other complete opposite fringe. I mean we are not the right-wing fringe --- there are a couple perhaps, but I've seen the newsletters of the super-fringers, and they ain't us.

Ron Paul is rising in popularity despite those jerk-off's smears. We will continue to aid in his increasing popularity no matter what they barf in internet comments.

Anti Federalist
04-14-2010, 08:53 PM
AF for POTUS.

If nominated I will not run, if elected I will not serve.

:D

Anti Federalist
04-14-2010, 08:57 PM
Seriously, I think this will be the new attack meme, like I said in the OP I've seen this "undercover lefties" talking point pop up in number of places.

Whether a "produced" talking point or just a self generating meme, I think we'll all see more of this shortly.

catdd
04-14-2010, 08:58 PM
They've lost their way so badly that they think they are defending the GOP when in fact they are defending big government and all the spending that goes with it.
Why don't they simply open up a copy of the constitution and start at page one instead of whining?

noxagol
04-14-2010, 09:19 PM
Seriously, I think this will be the new attack meme, like I said in the OP I've seen this "undercover lefties" talking point pop up in number of places.

Whether a "produced" talking point or just a self generating meme, I think we'll all see more of this shortly.

This was also about to some extent back in '07-'08. The left think we are from the right trying to undermine them and the right think we are from the left trying to undermine them. Oh, behold the unique position of the libertarian!

LibertyMage
04-14-2010, 09:23 PM
If you are still getting angry at comments like this and not shooting them down then you have not matured politically. How about just shooting back with one of these?

"Why is a person like Mitt "Ronmeycare" Romney a legitimate conservative and Ron Paul - someone who has never voted to raise taxes and never voted against The Constitution - a pretender?"

georgiaboy
04-14-2010, 09:34 PM
still fighting the cold war these folks.
911 bounced in their favor, but the fear-based reactionism they fed upon has passed, and cooler heads are prevailing.

catdd
04-14-2010, 09:39 PM
still fighting the cold war these folks.
911 bounced in their favor, but the fear-based reactionism they fed upon has passed, and cooler heads are prevailing.

good one

Kylie
04-14-2010, 09:44 PM
Which is not rational.

I think I love you.

:D

noxagol
04-14-2010, 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
Which is not rational.

Strange how their political waging ideas are oddly oddly similar to how they want the wars waged....

Sentient Void
04-14-2010, 09:58 PM
But if the poll is biased Obama isn’t quite as weak as it would appear. Shame on Paul and his supporters if they really are manipulating this. 2012 will be a critical election and we need to dispense with the shenanigans.

I think it's also funny that now the neocons/republican establishment view us as so powerful and organized that we can manipulate anything and everything...

Powerful and organized? Hell's yes. Along with passionate and fucking INFORMED and backed by logic, truth and every individuals basic desire for FREEDOM.

Manipulating though? Sad... what sore losers!

RM918
04-14-2010, 10:22 PM
If you are still getting angry at comments like this and not shooting them down then you have not matured politically. How about just shooting back with one of these?

Since the '08 campaign, redstate bans any pro-Paul sentiment since they're too childish to argue with us.

LibertyMage
04-14-2010, 10:46 PM
Wow, didn't know that was still going on.

submarinepainter
04-14-2010, 10:51 PM

Someone needs to convince them that our soldiers could be better used here at home . People can Change I did

Ricky201
04-15-2010, 12:50 AM
Which is not rational.

You know...I was thinking the EXACT same thing. The truth is becoming very evident to me lately that the neo-cons are becoming a dying breed. As older generations go, so will many of the neo-conservative statists.

Ricky201
04-15-2010, 12:52 AM
Someone needs to convince them that our soldiers could be better used here at home . People can Change I did

The people I'm worried about changing are those that act like Israel is the 51st state of the union. They're some of the most stubborn people I've ever met in my life.

amonasro
04-15-2010, 01:06 AM
Since the '08 campaign, redstate bans any pro-Paul sentiment since they're too childish to argue with us.

How about too ignorant to argue with us? They'd rather sit in their car and get Hannitized than pick up a book on economics.

gls
04-15-2010, 01:25 AM

I try to convince people that economic circumstances dictate they're coming home soon anyway, and it is better to do it now in an orderly manner that while resulting in significant cuts, ensures our most pressing defense needs continue to be met.