PDA

View Full Version : WSJ: Ron Paul, Obama in Dead Heat for 2012

lx43
04-14-2010, 07:39 PM
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2010/04/14/ron-paul-in-dead-heat-with-obama-in-2012-match-up/

Ron Paul is on http://www.wsj.com ....I love free advertisement. :D

Show Dr. Paul some love in the comments section.

By Susan Davis
If voters are given a choice between Rep. Ron Paul and President Barack Obama in a hypothetical 2012 presidential match-up, it’s a dead heat, according to the latest Rasmussen poll.

Rep. Ron Paul (R., Texas) speaks at the Southern Republican Leadership Conference in New Orleans, Saturday. (AP Photo/Gerald Herbert) An April 12-13 telephone survey of 1,000 likely voters had the Texas Republican trailing Obama by just one point, 42%-41%. Roughly one in 10, 11%, prefer another candidate while 6% were undecided.

The poll was touted immediately by Campaign for Liberty, Ron Paul’s political outfit. It’s an unusually high number for the lawmaker who rarely breaks in to the double-digits in polls (other than unscientific straw polls) when respondents are asked to pick a Republican nominee from a longer list of prospective 2012 candidates.

The 41% figure more broadly indicates overall opposition to Obama.

The president has more support from self-identified Democrats; 79% said they would vote for him. Two-thirds of self-identified Republicans said they would vote for Paul. Unaffiliated voters favor Paul 47%-28% over Obama.

There are divides regarding Paul and his effect on the Republican Party—nearly three in 10, 27%, of Republicans said he is a divisive force while 30% said he presents a new direction for the GOP. Most Republicans, 42%, said they weren’t sure.

Agorism
04-14-2010, 07:40 PM
Rasmussen polled Paul because he did well at SRLC.

SRLC was like a boatload of free advertising.

RileyE104
04-14-2010, 07:49 PM
Rasmussen polled Paul because he did well at SRLC.

SRLC was like a boatload of free advertising.

Thank God we won CPAC otherwise it might not have been.

Btw, this is great news.. I was a little disappointed after SRLC but this is some tremendous followup from that.

Chester Copperpot
04-14-2010, 07:54 PM
Sometimes I think its better for Ron Paul to come in a close 2nd... This way they dont just shitcan the veracity of the poll, and at the same time it makes RP look better than everybody else who came in lower than him.